Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
God and Goddess of shadows Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mahi_Kali

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:54 pm
I heard that there is a god and goddess of shadow is this true  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:12 am
I think you'll need to be a bit more specific for us to be able to answer this. Where did you hear it, did you get names? Was there a context -- things like that. That'll help us a lot.  

maenad nuri
Captain

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:23 am
Mahi_Kali
I heard that there is a god and goddess of shadow is this true

o_O

I've never heard of a ditheistic shadow base pantheon but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist either, so I'm at as much of a loss as you are.

It does sound a little dnd esque to me though, where did you hear of this?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:47 am
I'm a bit confused about why we would assume deities are of XYZ.  

TeaDidikai

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:56 am
How many pantheons and mythos' have elementally arising gods/goddesses etcetera? o_O I'm having trouble thinking of them. I know there are some that have gods with varying power over certain elements. But never of so and so.

And I just lacking in my knowledge set?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:25 am
Do 'shadows' count as elements?  

Maze

Taliah

Lonely Phantom

8,450 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:37 am
Maze

Honestly, I've never thought so. I'm too biased by the classical 4 elements to really go with it. But I don't think the Far Eastern elements or even the Norse thing of elements includes "shadow" as an element either.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:50 am
Taliah
Maze

Honestly, I've never thought so. I'm too biased by the classical 4 elements to really go with it. But I don't think the Far Eastern elements or even the Norse thing of elements includes "shadow" as an element either.

I always figured that, being as how shadows are the result of something in the way of light, instead of the source itself or the thing that is blocking it, it doesn't count as 'elementary', at least.. XD  

Maze

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:31 am
Maze

That's a really good question actually...  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:21 am
Maze
Depends on the system. In this kind of modern "Whatever you say goes" kind of paganism, sure it is.  

TeaDidikai

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:07 pm
I'm not very helpful, since "elements" always just brings the periodic table up in my head. XD  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:30 pm
Recursive Paradox
I'm not very helpful, since "elements" always just brings the periodic table up in my head. XD

>.> WORSHIP THE GODS OF XENON AND HELIUM!! THEY ARE NOBLE AND WILLMAKE YOU HIGH!  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:40 pm
Deoridhe
Recursive Paradox

>.> WORSHIP THE GODS OF XENON AND HELIUM!! THEY ARE NOBLE AND WILLMAKE YOU HIGH!

rofl

ALL HAIL PLUMBUM. HE OF THE HEAVY SOFTNESS AND RATHER TOXIC FLAVOR. DO NOT GIVE TO CHILDREN.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:28 am
xd @ Deo

I know it's common to have shadow be an element in RPs out in Barton. So maybe that's where this thought came about.

Used to really make me angry, actually, because I'd rather just have the classical 4 elements and get those basic 4 to branch off into the others like ice, light, lightning, etc. Katara and Aang can do it, why can't they! scream  

Taliah

Lonely Phantom

8,450 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:14 pm
And the first Avatar reference of the thread is made before we even get to page two. XD

I love you people. <3  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces