Manic Panic~ Yay or Nay?
  Yay! <3
  Nay! -_-
  It's okay....
  Never used it....
View Results

GhoulPuppy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:05 pm
So lets have it--honest opinions on Manic Panic hair dye. Do you really have to bleach or does it sometimes work without doing so? HOW messy is messy? How long has it lasted for you? Under what conditions? Tips for application or longevity?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:52 am
I hate manic panic. scream If you don't bleach your hair, it will just tint it the color you're trying to dye it, but with any type of bright hair color (not just manic panic) its best to bleach it first. It's not that messy. It's a really great color for the first three days or so, but then it fades out fast. The only way to get it to last very long is to bleach it, and then apply heat while its on. You can use a blow dryer to do this, just make sure you apply the heat evenly.  

minxx in wonderland

Tipsy Elder

GhoulPuppy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:59 pm
Sounds like a pain in the @$$....  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:56 pm
I've actually never used it before, but I have bought rings and little sculptures there....

Sorry I have no advice on the hair-dye, all I can say is that they're pretty well known for it.  

Henneth Annun
Captain

thekindthorn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:46 pm
I have medium-ish blonde hair, and I've only used one Manic Panic color on it (some kind of purple). I didn't bleach because it would ruin my curls, but the color stayed strong for about a week. There is one piece of hair that is lighter because of accidental peroxide and sun exposure. It stayed purple for two weeks, then slowly faded to blue, then green, and now it still has grey undertones about three months later.So in general, maybe if you have light hair and if you bleach it first...but it's vegetable-based so it won't last long either way.

I'm still looking for a salon or brand of permanent purple that won't ruin my hair's natural ringlets and make my curls frizzy...<3 my curlies! If you have any recommendations they're welcome.

[[edit]] Forgot to mention, I applied heat to my hair with a blow dryer for about 5 mins then left it in over night and did a vinegar rinse in the morning.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:45 pm
it doesn't even dye my hair for some reason....  

Angel of the End

PetreyDish

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:00 pm
I don't like Manic Panic, mostly because the color only stays bright for a few days, and then fades to some terrible color.

Instead I use the brand "Special Effects", which overall lasts longer and looks better.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:32 pm
I use Punki Colours.
Manic sucks. P:

Snuff Pixel

Nik Ballion

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:25 am
I tested a lot of m-p colours on my hair, and some of my friends did others. well I need to say that only GREEN is green and long therm. all other go withing 2-3 weeks tops (washing hair every 3-4 days and thats TOPS).

I would stick with stargazer, I used mayn more colours of them and ALL of them are good. the standard "first wash" after dying is ofc the sme, 10% of the colour goes away. but I was surprised that with "tropical green" I had from Stargazer ... well it was wow, (maybe I jusr bleached my hair properly) the colour stayed on for month and a half. the first month it was still that-colour-thats-on-the-box. lovely.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:24 pm
I actually just put some in my tips yesterday. Finally re-dyed my hair black with a tipped in the front (and some in the back where it's all messy) in a lovely turqoise colour.
I've heard from others it does fade to other colours quite fast. But for the price of it (What, $12?) it's quite worth it. And unless you're planning on doing your whole head (Not reccomended by me) it goes a long way.  

SADERR

Lilium_Crusade

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:31 pm
I have peekaboo hair, and i bleached the bottom and dyed it purple with manic panic. It turned out WAY too light and then it came out within three days ]: Manic Panic sucks  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:07 pm
nay...very nay.
However, I do use it for custom dyed falls and clip-in extensions, and it works fairly well for that.  

Hyena_Queen

Angel of the End

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:29 pm
One Good Thing: Manic Panic does not test their products on animals  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:20 pm
Angel of the End
One Good Thing: Manic Panic does not test their products on animals

Agreed. I was happy to see that when I went to go buy mine. I refuse to buy anything tested on animals.  

SADERR

the_underworks

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:56 pm
I use a product called sh!t... it look like it, it feels like it but it does a great job smile  
Life Issues & Fashion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff