Welcome to Gaia! ::

8th Annual User Run Ball

Back to Guilds

The planning guild for the 8th Annual Ball. Wanna help? 

Tags: Creativity, User-Based, Annual, Artists, Ball 

Reply Recycle Bin
Host Nominations Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MissusDolly

4,400 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:09 pm
This year, I've decided to do things a little differently. I, Dolly, have several ideas for a host in my head, but I am unsure of who exactly to pick as of right now. So, I'm giving you the chance to nominate someone. The only thing I require is that they are willing to stay with the project, uphold it, and carry it all the way to the end. I would also like them to have previous ball experience. Why? Because how will they know what the ball's are like if they never helped with one or even joined in on one. To do so please fill out the following:

[b]Nomination[/b]:
[b]Why do you think they'd make a good host?[/b]
[b]Have they had previous ball experience?[/b]:
[b]If, so, how?[/b]:
[b]Do they understand the responsibility of host?[/b]:
[b]How will they benefit the ball?[/b]:

Also, you can't nominate yourself sorry, so if you want to have a chance then have someone nominate you.

I will not just pick any random person, the person I choose will take the ball over and have to succeed in making it great and not disappointing everyone!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:57 am
Is this for hosts of the rooms, or the host of the ball overall?

xTwilightTulip

Magnetic Sex Symbol

Slytherin Lord
Crew

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:41 am
xTwilightTulip
Is this for hosts of the rooms, or the host of the ball overall?

the ball over all  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:43 am
Nomination: panda of the twilight
Why do you think they'd make a good host? He is always here to help and knows what the ball is like.
Have they had previous ball experience?: Yes
If, so, how?: he was on the fundraising commitee and i think a co-host for one of the rooms
Do they understand the responsibility of host?: I believe he does.
How will they benefit the ball?: He always has great ideas, he is giving and he knows how to get things done.  

Slytherin Lord
Crew

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250

Lectern
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:55 am
Nomination: Valiae
Why do you think they'd make a good host? Valiae was practically over-organised. It wasn't a bad thing. I was a roleplay in The Witche's Tower and had the experience to work with her. EVERYTHING in our board was organised, and we even had our own sub-forum in the planning guild.
If, so, how?: Valiae was originally a co-host for The Witches Tower, but broken_bleeding_angel had to step out for personal matters. We already had our plot planned out, but Valiae took the role that was given to the host. I'm not sure if she has had any other experience with other balls, but she was a huge addition to The Witche's Tower.
Do they understand the responsibility of host?: Valiae definetly would know what to do as host. She organized most of the contests, avatars, and more by herself.
How will they benefit the ball?: Valiae will make sure that the board is neat and tidy, while being able to have many things going on at once. She has a lot to offer, and is would be great at it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:09 pm
Nomination mad TrueBlissx
Why do you think they'd make a good host?Bliss was FANTASTIC this year. Even though there were only two people in charge of the castle room, we did a wonderful job thanks to her. She even took the time to help other rooms when they were in need while still able to keep ours in order. I believe she can do many wonderful things for the ball and I would be glad to see her host for next year.
Have they had previous ball experience?:yes, a ton
If, so, how?:I know she was a host before, and also host of the Castle room
Do they understand the responsibility of host?:Yes she does, and tries her hardest to do her best with that responsibilities.
How will they benefit the ball?: She is always planning, and coming up with ideas. She is a great leader, She tries her best and would never give up. I believe that if she were overall host, things would get done in a timely fashion, and everything will be organized. She is also great to get along with.  

Anonypanda

Girl-Crazy Risk-Taker

20,525 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Clambake 200
  • Beta Gaian 0

Kyoko Get Down

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:59 pm
Nomination: Unfamilliar Flying Objects
Why do you think they'd make a good host? Well, in the sixth annual Uffie was really good at rallyin' people to work, yo. Good at scheduling too. Also if I had to do any threads or whatever with Uffie she was really quick to figure out what needs to be done and what doesn't. So I think that would really be helpful of being host. Even at last minute Uffie is able to pull things together, and that's really helpful. So, all in all, I think Uffie would be a good nominee because she gets things done on time, as close to perfect as is able to, and is able to work under pressure.
Have they had previous ball experience?: Yar
If, so, how?: She was a room host in the Sixth annual and one of the [co]hosts to help out in the main room this year.
Do they understand the responsibility of host?: Yusssss.
How will they benefit the ball?: Uffie has lots of ideas and she's good at thinkin' quickly... Organization, timing, things like that, yo. Uffie is really quick to find resources and the right people. Uffie is a good furendo too. =0!  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:52 am
Nominating someone would be one of those things I would love to participate in... but I haven't been involved through the majority of 7th ball planning process to be able to choose one person out of many possible candidates I have yet to meet.

Out of this list I can already see an appropriate candidate! It's too early to tell though. We don't know who else might be nominated after all.

If I were to analyze everything in the guild, I could possibly find out who that person may be that Dolly has in mind. It's not the first time I guessed right. But then again other factors such as emails, or instant messages that I can't look at might disprove my guess.

Ah whatever... smile I am just too excited and can't wait until the person is chosen!

Best of luck to your choices everyone and I wish you nominees the best as well!  

La Patientia

xTrueBlissx
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:38 am
Nomination: Pixilated Envy
Why do you think they'd make a good host? I think that Envy would be a wonderful overall host. She was able to step-up fully this year, and bring things together, even when we were having problems, or when there were a few loose ends to tie up. As well as this, I believe that she was able to calm our nerves, and bring all of the hosts and co-hosts closer together.
Have they had previous ball experience?: Yes, the 7th Ball.
If, so, how?: She helped step up with the 7th annual ball, when dolly was having irl issues, and made the show go on as planned, without delay, and in a organized manner.
Do they understand the responsibility of host?: Yes, I believe that Envy understands this very well!
How will they benefit the ball?: I think that her strong organizational skills, her outstanding ability to bring people together as a leader, her great ideas (just look at her fundraiser thread!) and her attention to deatil would make her a great leader, one of which I would be happy to follow into good times, or heavy fire during the next ball!.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:16 pm
Nomination: xTrueBlissx
Why do you think they'd make a good host? Because she knows how to pull everything together and use her resources and time to the best of her advantage. Her room was awesome this year and I know she'll be an epic host for next year's. She's also been doing this ball thing for a while now, lol
Have they had previous ball experience?: yup yup
If, so, how?: She was a host before this year too, I believe =) and she was host this year of course
Do they understand the responsibility of host?: Mhm =) She's also very reliable, and she tries her hardest for the balls to be enjoyable
How will they benefit the ball?: She's great with ideas and knows what to do and how to get it done =) She's also wise with her time and knows how to make something unbelieveably incredible =)

Arminoire

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:31 pm
Always Remember My Name.....

I can think of 3 people who would be great in the job.

.....Poyudi Hytori.

Nomination: unfamiliar flying objects
Why do you think they'd make a good host?: Uffie as well as Envy stepped in for dolly when she could no longer do it. When Envy and I didn't see eye to eye about what to do with the plot. Uffie stepped in to stop our fight, and decided what to do with the plot.
Have they had previous ball experience?: Yes.
If, so, how?: She was one of the main Co-Hosts helping Dolly in the 7th, and I believe she helped out in the 6th.
Do they understand the responsibility of host?: Yes.
How will they benefit the ball?: Uffie is a very active user on Gaia, so you can count on her being here for the ball and it's planning. I believe in her ability as someone who can bring us together to plan the ball.

Why do you think they'd make a good host?: Envy stepped in during the last few days before the ball to solve a lot of problems the room hosts were having with their rooms. She has an eye for the small details, and planing for things.
If, so, how?: She became ome of Dolly's Co-hosts for the 7th.
Do they understand the responsibility of host?: I believe so.
How will they benefit the ball?: I believe she'd be good out ironing out all the small details, getting us to work faster and better on the ball.

Why do you think they'd make a good host?: Bliss helped to get the Art committee. in order shortly before the ball, she saw how busy dolly was and took it upon herself to get as many artists as she could to help out with the artwork for the different rooms.
If, so, how?: She was a room host for the 4th annual ball I believe and a room host for the 7th as well.
Do they understand the responsibility of host?: Yes.
How will they benefit the ball?: She'll keep things moving, and us paying attention to our goal.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:36 pm
Why do you think they'd make a good host? Because she can organize events well and she can also get people to listen to her. And her room was awesome. :3
Have they had previous ball experience?: Yep.
If, so, how?: She's been with the ball for awhile, can't remember exactly how long.
Do they understand the responsibility of host?: Oh yeah. She would definitely take it seriously.
How will they benefit the ball?: She would get it done. Period. She's a natural leader.  

Psycho Sabs
Vice Captain

5,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
  • Cart Raider 100

Chellies

Original Entrepreneur

7,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:03 pm
Nomination: Poyudi Hytori
Why do you think they'd make a good host? He is obviously very dedicated to the annual ball, and definately keeps up with all the ball's ongoings [being very involved in the plot, and running the news room].
Have they had previous ball experience?: Yes! A lot~
If, so, how?: 6th annual ball - hosted a room
7th annual ball - hosted a room, ran News Room, and helped majorly in planning the plot
Do they understand the responsibility of host?: Pretty sure he does! :]
How will they benefit the ball?: Always on top of what's going on, I'm sure he'll make sure everyone's working hard and their best throughout the year of planning, and will be able to pull it all together when the time comes.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:49 pm
xTrueBlissx
Why do you think they'd make a good host? I think that Envy would be a wonderful overall host. She was able to step-up fully this year, and bring things together, even when we were having problems, or when there were a few loose ends to tie up. As well as this, I believe that she was able to calm our nerves, and bring all of the hosts and co-hosts closer together.
Have they had previous ball experience?: Yes, the 7th Ball.
If, so, how?: She helped step up with the 7th annual ball, when dolly was having irl issues, and made the show go on as planned, without delay, and in a organized manner.
Do they understand the responsibility of host?: Yes, I believe that Envy understands this very well!
How will they benefit the ball?: I think that her strong organizational skills, her outstanding ability to bring people together as a leader, her great ideas (just look at her fundraiser thread!) and her attention to deatil would make her a great leader, one of which I would be happy to follow into good times, or heavy fire during the next ball!.

SECONDED! Pixilated Envy deserves so much recognition for what she did and she is a great person for the job!  

DogBoi22

Pixilated Envy
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:08 am
You guys flatter me, so! I do believe the ones that I felt to be prime candidates for this role have already been nominated. I am sure that whomever is chosen for this position will have my full support and receive an ear full of my suggestions and notes that I have accumulated from various observations.  
Recycle Bin

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff