Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Life Issues & Fashion
Men In Skirts: Fashion Equality Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

If society is okay with women in pants shouldn't men in skirts be just as acceptable?
  Yea
  Nay
View Results

Autumn Caledonia

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:45 pm
Pants: Men wear them, women wear them. No problem.

Skirts: Women wear them... why can't men?

Seriously. Years and years ago society was up in arms about women wearing pants and today we don't think twice about it. So why shouldn't men be just as free in their fashion choices?

Of course, I could go on a rant for days about how society has this macho image of men and to put them in a skirt makes them less than manly. But this is JUST as degrading if not more to women. This implies that women are less than men.

So society and its sexism and close-mindedness aside, there's the practicality.

Men have penises. Women do not. So really who OUGHT to be wearing pants? I mean, they restrict the crotch. Women have nothing to be restricted there. Wouldn't men prefer to have a little more room and comfort? And on hot days its like air conditioning.

Now, as I've said elsewhere, I'm a guy. I wear pants, sure. I also have a few kilts (plaid and plain solid color) and I love them. I also own skirts. Not kilts, skirts. Why? Because I can't stand dealing with pleats constantly and I like changing up my look. Kilts, like pants, all basically look the same. Throwing skirts in there switches things up.

Now, I don't wear mini skirts, but that's because they wouldn't look good on me. I don't even wear shorts that go above my knee unless I'm swimming or sleeping.

Also, this has nothing to do with "oh i like to wear women's clothes." I personally don't differentiate between men and women's clothes unless they are designed SPECIFICALLY for the anatomy of one or the other. I wouldn't wear a bra and panties because they're not meant for my body. I do own a corset, but its just a cincher, so it doesn't have cups for my non-existent breasts.

But I digress...

So anyway, my question stands. Men in skirts, why not?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:56 am
I agree 100%!  

Todd186

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:38 pm
******** YOU RACISTS!

What about the Scottish huh? or do they not get invited to your little skirt wearing party because they aren't american?

You racist scum.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:34 pm
Rellik San
******** YOU RACISTS!

What about the Scottish huh? or do they not get invited to your little skirt wearing party because they aren't american?

You racist scum.

Do you even know what the hell you're talking about?  

Todd186

Autumn Caledonia

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:43 pm
Rellik San

You racist scum.

No. Just no. Please don't come in here with that sort of non-sense. Did you catch the bit about me owning kilts?

This has nothing to do with nationality. American vs. Scottish would be nationality, not race. There's no such thing as an "American" race. Besides, where did I say anything about this being only for Americans?

This is about society, equality and fashion. I'm trying to have a real discussion, so please don't sully it with stuff that doesn't belong here. If you have nothing productive to contribute, just go elsewhere.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:24 pm
oh yes i personally love the idea of guys in skirts hey clothes are clothes  

-Lo Va Tits-

Dapper Fatcat

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:12 am
Alana Darkblade
Rellik San

You racist scum.

No. Just no. Please don't come in here with that sort of non-sense. Did you catch the bit about me owning kilts?

This has nothing to do with nationality. American vs. Scottish would be nationality, not race. There's no such thing as an "American" race. Besides, where did I say anything about this being only for Americans?

This is about society, equality and fashion. I'm trying to have a real discussion, so please don't sully it with stuff that doesn't belong here. If you have nothing productive to contribute, just go elsewhere.

Gingers a seperate race, most scottish people are ginger, therfore, racist.
Do you know what you're talking about? A kilt is a man skirt. Also, ******** you b***h, telling me where I can and can't post, this is an american site and I'm claiming the 5th.

Thats right the 5th.... I have no idea what the 5th is cos I'm British, but I'm claiming it on your sorry a**, you'll be sorry when I sue your a** for $10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 for violating my right to the fifth.

Also you believe this discussion was serious to begin with, its a discussion abotu men in skirts and not once did you ever make a refference to kilts or anything historical like the roman armies which would back up your claim, so quite obviously you were making some failed attampt at parody but when you realised it was failing miserably decided in some vain attempt to cover it up and claim you're trying to make something factual out of this.

Todd186
Rellik San
******** YOU RACISTS!

You racist scum.

I know what I'm talkin about, the question is, do you know what I'm talking about? Well do you?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:47 am
I guess there is nothing wrong with it, though I cannot say I will be wearing a skirt anytime soon, I would be more likely to wear a robe.  

Shadowed Intent

Todd186

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:31 am
Todd186
Rellik San
******** YOU RACISTS!

You racist scum.

I know what I'm talkin about, the question is, do you know what I'm talking about? Well do you?
I do know, and this discussion was never about race. You brought it up! And you don't even know what the fifth is, so just shut the hell up. You don't know what you're talking about.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:36 pm
Todd186

I do know, and this discussion was never about race. You brought it up! And you don't even know what the fifth is, so just shut the hell up. You don't know what you're talking about.

I knew what I was talking about before I even came to this thread, I fear you are the confused one as you didn't even answer my question, ergo sir, I put it to you, that you have come off the bigger fool from my inane escapade that has provided me with some amusement.

You lose, thank you, better luck next time.  

Rellik San
Crew

Autumn Caledonia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:53 pm
Shadowed Intent
I guess there is nothing wrong with it, though I cannot say I will be wearing a skirt anytime soon, I would be more likely to wear a robe.

Yeah, robes are cool too.

I'm certainly not saying all guys should wear skirts. Really its all a matter of personal taste.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:56 pm
Rellik, I didn't post this thread for an argument. Please go find somewhere else to fight.

If you want to talk about the Scots and the Romans and the history of men wearing skirts, tunics, robes, etc that's fine with me and I'd be more than happy to. But you don't need to come in here and be nasty just because I didn't mention those right away.

So if you'd like to have an intelligent conversation, please feel free. But I'm not going to get into a petty argument with you. This isn't Chatterbox.  

Autumn Caledonia

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:06 pm
Alana Darkblade
Rellik, I didn't post this thread for an argument. Please go find somewhere else to fight.

If you want to talk about the Scots and the Romans and the history of men wearing skirts, tunics, robes, etc that's fine with me and I'd be more than happy to. But you don't need to come in here and be nasty just because I didn't mention those right away.

So if you'd like to have an intelligent conversation, please feel free. But I'm not going to get into a petty argument with you. This isn't Chatterbox.

By responding you're fuelling the arguement, also you're using passive aggressive insults, implying I'm a fool and you're vastly superior in an attempt to take the moral high ground, showing sub-consciously you do want to fight as is the human nature to conquer those around us, if you actually want to discuss skirt wearing through out history and not just continue a petty debate you wouldn't have thrown that in as an after thought, instead making it your main point. You're current main point is about the moral highground and establishing yourself as having it.

Ahhh the human psyche what a wonderful mess of electrical waves it is that produces such illogical thought patterns. biggrin

If you look under the baffonery of my original post you'd actually realise the point I was making and possibly argue Kilts as the exception as they are only really commons as ceremonial garb.

Its a sorry state of affairs when humour is so dulled by the stone of psuedo intellectualism they can't see the point past the baffoonery and the fool has to produce his own counter arguement.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:18 pm
I was not insulting you, you're the one that came in here throwing around insults and continue to.

Yes, I saw the point of kilts being the exception. You made you point poorly and I saw no humor in it.

Kilts are an exception. I said I own kilts but I don't always like dealing with pleats and in general kilts looking more or less the same. Though yes, I would be happy to see even kilts being worn more commonly. Mine aren't ceremonial at all. Thanks to places like Utilikilts, they are slowly becoming a more common sight. I like that they have pockets. That's one issue with kilts. They look cool, but I feel like the sporran gets in the way sometimes. Hence I only own one kilt that i wear a sporran with. The others have pockets. And then I have my skirts for days I don't feel like either of the former.

And yes, I will throw in a discussion of history as an after thought. It wasn't my main point. My main point in my original post was about skirts being practical for guys and that if women are free to wear either pants or skirts then men should be able to as well without society looking down on it.  

Autumn Caledonia

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:54 pm
Alana Darkblade
I was not insulting you, you're the one that came in here throwing around insults and continue to.

I never insulted anyone and have not insulted anyone at all.  
Life Issues & Fashion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff