Welcome to Gaia! ::

Underground Webcomic Organization (U.W.O.)

Back to Guilds

Tired of the same old Manga stories and want to write your own ORIGINAL MANGA/COMICS, then this is the place for you! 

Tags: Arts, manga, comic, drawing, writing 

Reply The Creator's Lounge
Project Vision(Comic Project idea....) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would you join this project?
  Yes
  No
  Maybe
  Gold!!!
View Results

aisazia
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:20 am
I've been bouncing this idea around for a little bit....I've been thinking of doing a mini comic project called "Project Vision" :B. I was wondering if there were other people out there that would be interested in joining me in this. Let's keep it simple for now and see if anyone else would be interested.

Who: You (and maybe a friend?) along with (maybe) a group of friends. wink
What: Creating your own short 20-40 page(whatever page amount you'd want) comic.
When: TBD
Where: In your home?
Why: I realized I keep writing complicated comics so basically I start one (get the script half-finished, and start on the character designs) and never finish it...So I wanted to write a comic and complete it so I can get some satisfaction that I can actually complete a comic. This is also a motivation and self-esteem booster for me and perhaps for you guys.

The point is to create your own story to see if you can actually do it. I wanted others to join so that we can get feedback to each other. There isn't a time limit but it does help when there are others giving you motivation and such. These don't have to be long stories, just small short ones or even a chapter from a comic you're already writing.

What I have in mind is every week or every two weeks we have and assigned task like writing the script, drawing pencils, inking, etc. Then get it done and post it online for the others to critique. We'll start with the basics but the goal is to have a completed comic by the time we're done.

This is a self-motivation project which means that you have to be willing to do this and get the assignments done on time. It's ok if you fall behind because of an emergency or something, but you would have to catch up on your own. This shouldn't be too much of a problem, we'll try to take it at a decent pace.

I hope you all understand this. Feel free to ask me any questions and let me know what you guys think about this. 4laugh  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:56 pm
Love the idea! Gives us something to do and I've wanted to practice and put my skills to the test anyways. Funny part is I was planning on making a mini comic in the close future any ways lol. And I have the perfect idea on how to do it.

Also do you want black and white colored or whatever we want.  

RiceAndPotatoes

aisazia
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:26 pm
Seriously?!! Awesome!! hehe Same here, plus I want to test my abilities. lol I know it's not going to be amazing but I want to try anyways. lol Oh really? What idea do you have? Are you talking about your story or how to create the comic? lol I'm thinking the latter but I wanted to clarify. XD

Ah, whatever you want. lol I probably recommend black and white cause it's easier and faster but color would be awesome. lol  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:57 pm
I was talking about I have a great idea for a story. Ill probally end up doing B & W first but i'd like to eventually go over in color. Like for the title page.  

RiceAndPotatoes

aisazia
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:30 am
Ah I see, well that would still be awesome to hear. I plan on doing b/w too but will do covers in color (or try to). lol For some reason I don't think anyone else is going to be interested right now since you and I are the only ones really active right now. I'm kinda excited for this, so much that I want to start it ASAP.... sweatdrop

How ready do you think you'll be for this? Since I have a break this week I want to work on it now. We don't have to start if you don't want to but I kinda of want to....So either way I'm gonna start, did you want to start with me?

My guesstimate is that my comic will be about 40 pages long total, give or take a few cause I haven't really started it yet. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:01 am
I have no idea how long mine will be ( mabye 20 - 40 pages ) and I'll probally end up starting tommarow. Problem is vacations are coming so I'll need to start now.

Ill be gone next weekend (fri - sun) camping again -_- and then on the 30th I leave yet again for a 2 week long vacation in a cabin up in orgeon. Ill be able to do a lot of work up there but there is saddly no internet and Ill need to bring all my supplies with meh. cry stressed

Ya looks like we are the only 2 actuve members sweatdrop but ohh well.

Also I think I'll end up making the comic about a spin off of the guild. Showing how how I came up with the mascot and and kinda like a little introduction to the guild. Kinda why I want to get the banner done first but that may take longer than i thought lolz. (still need to work on those sketches but my weekend has been packed scream )

Looking forward to seeing yours!

Ricey  

RiceAndPotatoes

aisazia
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:24 pm
Ah I decided to write another story, a really short one, maybe 20 pages long to see if I can do it. XD Yeah this is my vacation right now but I can't seem to sit still so I want to get started asap. lol

lol Sounds fun, hope you have a good time. You guys sure like to go camping. lol True, no internet is tragic, hopefully you can still get things done. I'm sure you'll be very productive up there. lol

Eh it's fine, we can start it out, I rather have a couple good active people than a bunch of people who don't care. Once we get started and make this guild awesome, people will be begging to join us. XP

Okie, interesting. lol I'd like to see how you'll do that. ^_^ That's fine, do what you think is best. lol It's fine take your time, I'm really slow anyways. lol

Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing mine as well rofl ....and yours. wink  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:41 pm
Lol Yes I go on a lot of camping trips sweatdrop That's actually a little joke I want to make about myself in the comic strip ( opening scene shows me walking in from a long hinking trip lolz )

Ya Ive been thinking about the story a lot recently and adjusting it and getting the page layouts all set in my head. But it saddly is always hardder to make it real rather than imagining it. (hopefully I'll have the page sketches done by this week and then can start inking and stuff)  

RiceAndPotatoes

aisazia
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:08 pm
LOL Aw well that's great, sounds interesting. XD That's good you can use that in your story. ^_^

Yeah, I agree, I keep making mine too complicated so it's too long so I need to make it short but sweet. XD  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:06 am
Easiest way to make a non over complicated story is to simple have an end in mind and mostly likely your explanations of certain things make it longer so avoid that and only explain what really need to be explained then. Reveal stuff over time.  

RiceAndPotatoes

aisazia
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:22 am
That's true but the problem is I like having my stories mean something...But I see what you mean, I'll try to keep that in mind when writing. Thanks! heart  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:27 pm
Hmmmm interesting but im not quite sure I understand... what do I have to do?  

Moondoggy09

PotatoesAndRice
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:05 pm
All we are doing is pretty much making mini comics. To idea is to get used to comic making. And while we are making it our fellow peers critique us and help out.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:23 am
Yep, Ricey pretty much explained it. It's not pressured, it's whenever you have time to do it. ^_^  

aisazia
Captain

PotatoesAndRice
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:35 pm
ya no rush on this. im trying to work on It In on my trIp [i got internet in the woods lol. be on now and then] 3nodding

mjnd the typing. laptop keyboar sucks.  
The Creator's Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces