Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

v1atun3

1,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:08 am
Have you ever performed in front of large amounts of people.You get up in center stage and suddenly you freeze... That happens! If you're going to sing, you suddenly forget the lines, or you bite your tongue. If you'r going to play an instrument, you forget how to do it. Normal artists say they aren't scared: [FALSE] they get nervous as anybody else... I'm on the drama club so I know about that. I get stage fright. But it makes my mind rush: which gives me lots of ideas for new songs and stuff. But have you ever performed and felt like it would all go wrong and suddenly, everything is fine?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:06 pm
I remember the first time I ever got up in front of a large audience and sang, everything went fine, the same the second and third time despite the fact that I was nervous as h3ll. Even after being in school choirs and such, it was probably seven years ago now, I was getting up on stage to sing with my friend for the school's talent show. We were singing The Briar and The Rose by The Cottars(I don't know if anyone's heard of them but y'know....) and again we were so nervous, so about half-way throuigh the song we froze and forgot half the words. We just stood there up on stage looking at each other with our mouths open wide in a horror striken pose and the looks on our faces were that of 'omg what do we do now!!!??' and i swear sweat was drippin' down my face, but everyone clapped and we even came in third which was pretty good seeing as what happened, so even seasonal professionals(thought I wouldn't call myself that exactly, more like people who go up and perform in front of large audiences) screw up sometimes because they're nervous. Although I can proudly say that seven years later and god knows how many talent shows and choirs and band concerts and whatnot I have not have had another mishap since then. biggrin  

AoibhealDragonheart

Fashionable Prophet

Old Fashion Cliche

Handsome Genius

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:40 pm
i was nervous my first time, but after the first song it was much easier. now i love playing in front of ppl.

then again i mostly play coffee shops. i'm sure if my band ever got going, the big stage would be a lil more intimidating.

P.S. if ur in the central new york area come see me play june 26th

edit: show for the 26th is canceled, cuz i forgot my friends have graduation that day. so it will be rescheduled sometime else in june  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:13 pm
When I did a performance at Disneyland, I had to sing a verse of It's a Small World, I kept thinking I would forget the words if I listened to the other languages. But I never did. Although, for the talent show I forgot the second verse to What About Now. The worse thing was I was being videotaped! So don't let nerves get the best of you and don't say you can't do it because it will come true if you do say that!
I love singing in front of people no matter what they think!  

I_ISH_BRITISH_WIN

Ferrum Sanctus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:54 am
I have performed on a couple of school plays..
First time I wasn't nervous at all, since I was playing rhythm guitar in the background. We were performing "Il est né" or some such, and had a choir.

But on my last show I was nervous.. We played "I Will Stay" and "Bourbon Street", but I think my nervousness was because we only trained those songs five times before we performed smile

But then again, I don't get nervous easily.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:48 pm
Haha, I remember my first show, we played at a bar. It was a good show, the worst thing that'll happen to me is I drop sticks like mad when I'm nervous, but I haven't dropped one since that night, at a show that is. lol  

Derek Destroyed

Tragedies_at_Hand

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:22 pm
I felt so nervous my first time performing alone. It was at the Junior Honors Recitals at a local college and I was going into seventh grade. I was singing a solo in front of college music professors, music majors, and other choir students from all over the area. I was so afraid that I had messed up, but everyone said I did fine. Even now I still get a little nervous before a show, but it's a little better now that I have my friends in the band behind me.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:16 pm
I had my first show here in downtown portland, OR.
The scariest thing i have ever experienced, especially at lead vocals.
I was shaky and nervous and sweating BEFORE we ever even got on stage, lol. but sometimes, when you get up there and do your thing, it all goes away, sometimes it doesn't. It went away for me, but it just takes some getting used to is all. =]

I love it now. I try to get a positive attitude and get everyone pumped up and energettic too, and then it doesn't matter if you mess up or not, haha.  

Ernell The Havoc

lil miss darkness

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:23 pm
I first sang a solo when I was seven in my schools musical and from what I remember I wasn't scared. Then I was Mary in my Churches play, sang a solo there, wasn't scared. Then last November I got to the final of my schools X factor competition and I remember that I wasn't nervous. In fact I was more nervous when I was rehearsing with a smaller group of people then about 500 people on the actual night.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:13 pm
Oh, of course! I auditioned for college, singing, and I was so nervous - I thought I was going to completely mess everything up. I had a long walk down to the stage, and i used that time to become confident and work myself up - and it worked! I felt confident, and even when I messed up a tiny bit, I was able to continue. smile Use the adrenaline rushes you get from nerves and channel it into confidence and energy to perform well. smile  

Miss Riisoku

Ferrum Sanctus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:05 pm
Yup, controlling the adrenaline for your own purposes is good.
For me, it helped get some tr00 feeling to my solo smile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:19 pm
The first time i performed in front of a large audience was at the P.N.E in Vancouver for the Red Robinson talent show. I was sooooo nervous i was shaking, or at least I felt like was shaking. (It didn't look like I was shaking though)

I was really young too. heart  

jump2020206

Anime_Fanboy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:11 pm
There is this one performance that I always look back on and laugh at. Me and my friend were performing "Just Dance" by Lady Gaga in front of a bunch of our high school alumni and we promised each other we will go all out. During my part of the song (Colbie's part) I felt really embarrased because what he is really saying is "I'mma hit it and I'mma quit it..." and so I slurred my words. Watching the video, I couldn't understand a single word I was saying during my part and it sounded like I was mumbling. LOL!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:16 pm
We're about to perform at a Best Buy.. well not officially... but all the instruments are there: a bass, a guitar, an acoustic, amps, electronic drums - all in a nice place off aisle 12. On friday were planing on going, setting up and tuning the instruments on display, then jamming through our entire EP.  

Sarcasmics

Only Shades of Gray

Magnetic Sex Symbol

7,000 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:45 am
i was at at a i guess you could call it talent show in front of the entire 5th grade and i totally froze up... they had to restart the song...but everybody loved it especially cuz i wrote it, but according to everyone i was "perfect" rolleyes rolleyes i dont think i was perfect neutral neutral  
The Music Artists Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff