A musician's guild! 

Tags: musicians, music, instruments, bands 

Reply The Music Artists Guild
Music as a career? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you tought of a career within music?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Ferrum Sanctus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:32 pm
So, has anyone else than me thought of a career within music?
I was thinking of becoming a music teacher someday, and am going to give guitar classes this summer as soon as I have taken care of tax business.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:08 pm
When I was really young I decided I was going to grow up and become a rockstar. However I eventually decided that sex drugs and rock and roll weren't really my things. Since about my freshman year in high school I have always hoped to obtain an obscure level of fame in music.

Which is a goofy dream I think we all have, however all I'm saying is that I'd like to be buying a pair of jeans and over hear someone telling their friend that they saw me playing a coffee shop a while ago and I was pretty good.

((Real time goal for money makings though is custom printed tees.))  

Hippeh Panda

Old Fashion Cliche

Handsome Genius

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:28 pm
H ippie P anda
When I was really young I decided I was going to grow up and become a rockstar. However I eventually decided that sex drugs and rock and roll weren't really my things. Since about my freshman year in high school I have always hoped to obtain an obscure level of fame in music.

Which is a goofy dream I think we all have, however all I'm saying is that I'd like to be buying a pair of jeans and over hear someone telling their friend that they saw me playing a coffee shop a while ago and I was pretty good.

((Real time goal for money makings though is custom printed tees.))

all rockers dont drink, ******** and do drugs.

are u a scene kid, cuz i know they like to make shirts  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:33 pm
On This Night

No I'm aware that all rockers aren't all up on the sex and drugs scene. All that I meant by that was that if I'm going to be on a stage making music, I want it to be music not noise. I want to sing into a microphone not scream into it.

And No, thank you, I am not a "Scene kid". My mother ran a costume design business when I was growing up and I always felt the if music didn't pan out clothes would. With screening Tees however I can combine both.  

Hippeh Panda

ElendarIlikessa

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:32 pm
I wouldn't mind a steady income in music, if it were enough that I wouldn't have to hold a day job it would be nice, but with my mindset on music that probably won't happen. I'd rather be jamming and making good music than running a business and selling a product, though a few bucks here and there would be nice, especially if it meant that I would only need a part time job and I could spend more time with my music.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:46 pm
H ippie P anda
On This Night

No I'm aware that all rockers aren't all up on the sex and drugs scene. All that I meant by that was that if I'm going to be on a stage making music, I want it to be music not noise. I want to sing into a microphone not scream into it.

And No, thank you, I am not a "Scene kid". My mother ran a costume design business when I was growing up and I always felt the if music didn't pan out clothes would. With screening Tees however I can combine both.

so now ur dissing rockers saying their music is just "noise" and screaming. wait. how old are you?  

Old Fashion Cliche

Handsome Genius

Ferrum Sanctus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:51 pm
On This Night
H ippie P anda
On This Night

so now ur dissing rockers saying their music is just "noise" and screaming. wait. how old are you?

I wouldn't call it dissing, but her opinion of rockers. Also remember, 'rockers' is a quite varying term.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:41 am
but her closemindedness and stereotyping is annoying me.  

Old Fashion Cliche

Handsome Genius

Ferrum Sanctus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:20 am
True.

Please, try not to judge other people, and anything else either, just because it's not your thing.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:22 pm
Alright, I'm going to say this for the record, before I completely right off On This Night.

I wasn't insulting rockers, nor was I stereotyping them, I was simply saying, that I am not interested in BEING one because I would much rather do something softer and soulful.

Also trying to bring someone's age into an argument because they have an opinion you disagree with is not only immature, and offensive but simply put, ludicrous.

I'm sure you make woderful music and are a decent enough person, but I would appreciate it if you would stop responding to my posts if you're going to be this rude and immature. Thank you.

Also Ferrum Sanctus, I'm sorry for taking your thread off topic, I didn't mean to. I'm finished now.

Sorry again  

Hippeh Panda

Ferrum Sanctus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:06 pm
H ippie P anda

Also Ferrum Sanctus, I'm sorry for taking your thread off topic, I didn't mean to. I'm finished now.

Sorry again

It's okay smile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:46 pm
H ippie P anda

I wasn't insulting rockers, nor was I stereotyping them

but....

H ippie P anda

I meant by that was that if I'm going to be on a stage making music, I want it to be music not noise.

H ippie P anda

I eventually decided that sex drugs and rock and roll weren't really my things.

contradict yourself much?  

Old Fashion Cliche

Handsome Genius

Ferrum Sanctus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:00 pm
On This Night
H ippie P anda

I wasn't insulting rockers, nor was I stereotyping them

but....

H ippie P anda

I meant by that was that if I'm going to be on a stage making music, I want it to be music not noise.

H ippie P anda

contradict yourself much?

H ippie P anda

Again, her opinion. If you take it as an insult, it's your fault.

H ippie P anda

Ask any rocker what rock and roll is about, you'll get sex, drugs and rock & roll as an answer. It's not a stereotype, as a stereotype is a popular belief without or with little real facts backing it up.

Now, why don't you drop it?
She apologized, and that's what anyone who's mature would do.
So, drop it, that's enough for me. You don't have to apologize for your own views on life and music, but be decent enough to back off now.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:45 am
ask me. im a rocker and i dont agree with that at all.  

Old Fashion Cliche

Handsome Genius

Ferrum Sanctus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:22 pm
On This Night
ask me. im a rocker and i dont agree with that at all.

Then you're an exception. Trust me, that's the case.
Also, try to write correctly. It just bugs me when people can't seem to write properly.  
The Music Artists Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff