Welcome to Gaia! ::

Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Back to Guilds

Reply Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People
Why are Chinese people really tall and some really short? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xero Park

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:31 pm
How come Chinese people can be really tall (for example: Yao Ming) and some be really short?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:41 am
The people from Northern China are generally stereotyped as taller, and Southern shorter. There are exceptions to that stereotype, but it's probably mostly based on genetics. The tall people congregated in the north or something. Haha~
Anyways, in Beijing you're considered a third class handicap if you are under 5'10". Means people have to help you on the buses, because you might not be able to reach the rings, that's all.
Don't northerners eat more meat and grain? I think that that might be a minor reason why they might be taller; however it should mostly be genetics... Really, I'm not sure why it happens like that, but there are tall people in both Northern and Southern China. I guess there's more in the North... That's all... Just like how there are tall people and short people in the USA. o_o Genetics.

Popourri

A Bathing Panda

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:43 pm
China has more than a billion people, that's why.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:17 pm
Based on genetics.......  

kuinluvsnear

KairiYukine

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:43 pm
    x___Ushio-chan says:

I'm 5'8" tall and my brother and my dad are both 6 feet tall. Plus my alot of my cousin and uncle from dad side are tall as well. So we (cousin, uncle, dad, brother and I) are never short. o-o

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:09 am
It's based on your family tree and genetics. Because I'm taller that my older sister, my dad and mom. And their short and I'm the random tall one so it all depends! >w<  

jjwang97

Friendly Regular

kuinluvsnear

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:28 am
Popourri
The people from Northern China are generally stereotyped as taller, and Southern shorter. There are exceptions to that stereotype, but it's probably mostly based on genetics. The tall people congregated in the north or something. Haha~
Anyways, in Beijing you're considered a third class handicap if you are under 5'10". Means people have to help you on the buses, because you might not be able to reach the rings, that's all.
Don't northerners eat more meat and grain? I think that that might be a minor reason why they might be taller; however it should mostly be genetics... Really, I'm not sure why it happens like that, but there are tall people in both Northern and Southern China. I guess there's more in the North... That's all... Just like how there are tall people and short people in the USA. o_o Genetics.

My family is like from southern China & there's like a mix of tall & short =/
My aunt & uncle are short & then my cousin is like taller then both of them....i guess it depends on the food we eat too..  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:47 pm
It is really random. Then again, with a big population, you get results.

Docta Mike

Popourri

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:01 pm
kuinluvsnear
My family is like from southern China & there's like a mix of tall & short =/
My aunt & uncle are short & then my cousin is like taller then both of them....i guess it depends on the food we eat too..

Hehe~ Like I said, it depends, and it's a stereotype. However, they really do have that law, in which you are considered handicapped if you are under 5'10" in Beijing. I am not aware of a law like that in Southern China.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:09 am
ah i wish i was on the taller side, sadly i'm short ;__;  

scared-flower

O r a l F ii x a t i o n

Ladykiller

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:46 pm
Popourri

Oh damn. D:
I'm from Beijing, and I'm 5'2"
wtf happened to me? D:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:08 pm
O r a l F ii x a t i o n

Oh damn. D:
I'm from Beijing, and I'm 5'2"
wtf happened to me? D:

Hehe~ Third class handicap? It makes you unique when you go back. wink My dad went there and he's considered handicapped... Lol.  

Popourri

Captain Yo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:50 pm
A Bathing Panda
China has more than a billion people, that's why.

this is it! the simplest answer you could get biggrin
there really isn't a better way to explain it than this biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:32 pm
>3>;

I say Genetics~

Thats the scientific answer. xD

Fates Fatality

1,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

The Badongest One

Thirteenth Teenager

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:26 am
It's all in the genes. Even though I may be only half Chinese, I'm still hella short.

5' 1". Beat that. xD
I blame coffee.  
Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas