Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
iStarcast's Goal to lose 10.7 pounds (not a lot o.o) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think 10.7 pounds is good enough for me?
  Yes! It's perfect
  No, you are going to be underweight,,,
  eh...
  Other (if so, please post)
View Results

Cattilia

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 7:22 pm
Well, 10.7 pounds isn't a lot but I really want to lose all of it. I don't want to be underweight for my age so I'm thinking that this is... kind of in between. Sooo... Let's just say I'm not a fan of exercising... But here's the good thing. Everyday when I go to school, my homeroom is on the top floor (5th to be exact) so I get some kind of exercise. I have P.E. twice a week. On Thursdays and Fridays, I have to go from the last floor all the way to the top for a class. Oh, and one more thing, I'm 5 feet (which is really tall and my weight, 108.7 with my height makes me look pudgy. = )

So, my goal is to lose 10.7 pounds (as stated from before), to exercise more, to eat more veggies and that's basically it.

I don't usually eat snacks but when I do, it's usually a piece of fruit.

Tomorrow (May 29th 2009) I'm going to start my journal because it's kind of late and it's a school day...  
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 7:28 pm
Well, I'll just write what I ate today... (start early). These are all estimates because I'm not sure how many calories it is...

Breakfast:
Honey bunches of oats- 200 calories

Lunch:
Skipped (had no money crying ) [Yes, very bad]

Dinner:
2 eggs and some rice- 200-400 calories?

Extra:
3 pears- 250
9 pieces of lychee- 200
herbal tea in a carton (small)- 20

Total: About 970-1070

Exercise: None crying

What I should do:
Drink more water O_O
Excercise more!

Cattilia

Cattilia

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 7:33 pm
Almost forgot!

HW: 115
CW: 108.7
GW: 100

Since I am younger than most of the people in this guild, my weight tends to be lower. Since I don't want to be stick thin, I think this is a good weight for someone my height and weight. If you think this is too low of a goal weight, please post what you think is a good weight for me.

Stats:
Age- 12 (going on 13 in November/late birthday)
Height- 5 feet
Grade- 7th

Extra: I'm only trying to be healthier not so thin that I can see my rib cage. Also, it doesn't seem like i weigh much but if you see my stomach, its big (kinda)  
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 5:21 pm
Week: 1
Day: 2

Breakfast:
None (Was studying for test then fell asleep and was almost late for school.)

Lunch:
Bag of chips- 120
Cantaloupe- 150

Dinner:
None

Extras:
Movie popcorn- 300
Ice cream cone- 200
Granola bar- 130

Total:
About 900

What I should have done today:

Drink more water (I never seem to drink water...)
Eat more veggies & fruits.

Notes: Bad day. It was like, junk food heaven today for me. crying
I know this is really bad but the movie I watched today (Drag me to hell) scared the crap out of me and made me lose my appetite for dinner... crying
But I didn't starve myself. That's a good thing. I usually last about 3-4 hours before I get really hungry.  

Cattilia

Tandahda
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 5:40 pm
900 calories is starving yourself, if you eat only 900 calories in a day you're going to screw with your metabolism by making it slow down, it's worrisome. What's more is that all of those things are empty calories. But from your previous entry I can see that's not the usual for you. However, you need to eat more.

There is no healthy weight that requires just 1000 calories a day to maintain.

It's worrisome because if you intend to start exercising, you'll find yourself exhausted and your body will start eating your muscles to stave off starvation. I had a hard time with 1400 calories per day when I was really active.

So try to eat more, it's the best way to keep yourself from going crazy and binging or getting sick/hurting yourself.

A BMR for you, at 5' tall, (I said you were 19) at 98lb is 1200 calories a day, that's the caloric intake it takes to sustain that weight on your frame if you're lying in bed practically comatose.

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

Calculate it for yourself. Multiply it by 1.2 if you want to lead a moderately active lifestyle. You'll be surprised.  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 12:07 pm
Seraphsody
900 calories is starving yourself, if you eat only 900 calories in a day you're going to screw with your metabolism by making it slow down, it's worrisome. What's more is that all of those things are empty calories. But from your previous entry I can see that's not the usual for you. However, you need to eat more.

There is no healthy weight that requires just 1000 calories a day to maintain.

It's worrisome because if you intend to start exercising, you'll find yourself exhausted and your body will start eating your muscles to stave off starvation. I had a hard time with 1400 calories per day when I was really active.

So try to eat more, it's the best way to keep yourself from going crazy and binging or getting sick/hurting yourself.

A BMR for you, at 5' tall, (I said you were 19) at 98lb is 1200 calories a day, that's the caloric intake it takes to sustain that weight on your frame if you're lying in bed practically comatose.

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

Calculate it for yourself. Multiply it by 1.2 if you want to lead a moderately active lifestyle. You'll be surprised.

I'm actually 21 bmi I think. And I don't usually get hungry cause it fills me up somehow (in a bad way). I'll just aim for 100 pounds then. Since I'm 12, I don't think its that much underweight. Maybe 105 or so. Thank you for the tips btw.  

Cattilia

Strawberry Candy Fantasy

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 2:15 pm
Haha. Last entry = same for me yesterday. I went to see Drag Me to Hell also... it was so scary. I ran home & skipper dinner & slept before it got dark. :S

Try to get a more low-calorie but nutrition-dense diet. Get more protein (lean meat?) and aviod empty calories like chips/ice cream. 900 calories/day is rather too little. You're still growing. I'd recommend at least 1200 calories/day if you can? >.<

I think your goal is reasonable (while I was in 7th grade, at 5' 6", I was 110-115 lbs... now 30 lbs heavier, how do I long for the past T.T). Just go slowly & don't deprive yourself proper nutrients!

Good luck! ♥

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 6:25 am
Thank you strawberry.
I've reconsidered and decided to to 'dieting' and start eating right.  

Cattilia

Tandahda
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 6:59 pm
When you're exercising, if you just aren't hungry enough to eat more, that's fine of course. However, when you go to the gym/go for a run/ride/whatever else you're doing if you leave your house to do it, bring something liquid that has protein and sugar in it with you.

Chocolate soy milk is low calorie, high protein, and tastes fantastic and you can get it in little tetra packs.

If you haven't eaten enough and are working out really hard, you might have a blood sugar event (I'm not sure the actual term), where you feel like fainting, have trouble concentrating, and shake. It's dangerous, it can make you pass out.

The reason I suggest something drinkable is because it's easily digestible and will get your blood sugar up again quickly and stop you from feeling like hell.

Seriously, it happened to me today because I hadn't eaten enough.

The word diet is stupid anyway, eating right is better. : D Congrats, I just worry. I don't think you're doing things wrong at all.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:01 pm
Thank you Seraphsody (I think thats how you spell it).
Yeah, I think diet is a really bad word to.
I don't exercise much cause I'm a lazy bum but I do try to walk a lot everyday.  

Cattilia

Cattilia

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:34 pm
I don't post a lot no more because of my busy schedule. Mostly tests and finals. Dx In the past 2 days, I think I may have gained some weight because I ate too much junk food. But on the bright side, I ate some salad today so I hope that will balance out what I ate today. D:  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:01 pm
I've been eating salad a lot for the last couple of days. I think that'll be enough fiber for... a day?
The last few days were all.. bleh.
Today I got my fitness gram results thing from school and it inspired me to be healthy.
It said that I was in the red zone for my BMI so I'm determined to lower it now.
Now, I'll be randomly dancing for no reason, running around the block cause I'm bored, and playing/jumping rope in my backyard.
That will be good exercise I bet.
The thing that sucks most is... SUMMER VACATION!
Yeah, I know its for relaxing and fun and games but it's going to be harder for most of us.
Cause in summer, people get lazy and they just mindlessly eat (like me sometimes). Summer is going to be hard...  

Cattilia

Cattilia

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:52 pm
Breakfast:
Skipped crying

Lunch:
Bag of chips D: - 110 calories

Home Lunch:
2 bowls of homemade veggie soup- 300 (?)
(Yay for low cal soups)

Dinner:
Lettuce w/ Dressing- 250 at least

Snacks:
Does water count? xD
2 small pears- 100 calories each? (not sure)

Total so far:

Notes: Crap I'm having a bad day. Lost my appetite for almost everything now. I know I should eat more but I try and I try but I can't. What should I do? T-T  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:40 pm
Progress so far:
Lost .7 pounds
Not a lot but I got to keep trying, cause you know what they say "Slow and steady wins the race."
So far, 10 pounds to go. The only reason why I'm keeping my goal is because when I got my fitness results back, my BMI was really high and in the red zone. So I want to be healthy, according to the board of education or whatever.

Cattilia

Cattilia

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:13 pm
Breakfast:

Lunch:
Whole wheat bread with nutella- At LEAST 350

Dinner:
Salad- 350

Snack:
Crackers- 80
Apple juice- 130
Herbal tea- 20
Cheese puffs- 350?

Total:

Notes:
Exercised a LOT today. Went hand ball playing from about 12:40 to 3:30? Then walked from one friend's house to the other and back and then to the bus stop. They live about 8-10 blocks away from each other. I'm sick at the moment, everything I eat hurts, everything I do hurts, even typing this up hurts a little... Staring at the screen... Yeah...

Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff