Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MasterfulChaos

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:12 pm
William Shatner: beloved by millions as the inimitable Captain James T. Kirk.
Now he's been reduced to schilling a crappy travel website and resembles a land-whale. WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?!  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 12:26 pm
Yeah, I know what you mean! I guess when you are old there are not much acting roles avaliable for ya'...  

xXSuperWhateverXx

7,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Mitsune Kumi

Vampire

4,300 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Market Browser 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 6:24 am
I don't know if it's old age, or if it's because he's so well known for being Kirk. Once an actor is known for a role, they tend to not be well accepted if they portray other characters.  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:22 am
SuperCrazyChocolate
Yeah, I know what you mean! I guess when you are old there are not much acting roles avaliable for ya'...

Well it's either that or he just chooses not to act so much. ...though he was on Boston Legal. So I dunno.  

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

The Angry Therapist

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 6:02 pm
Maybe he wants to calm his life? Ever think of that? He's been acting all his life. give him a break. He still goes to conventions thats good enough for me. Not sure about u guys,=)  
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:41 pm
platsdevil
Maybe he wants to calm his life? Ever think of that? He's been acting all his life. give him a break. He still goes to conventions thats good enough for me. Not sure about u guys,=)

Yeahh, that's true! I guess in his old age he wants to take things a lil' easier  

xXSuperWhateverXx

7,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Sweetycow

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 12:30 pm
I read somewhere that he does get job offers, but he doesn't like the roles. He got so used to be number one and now they want to cast him in small supporting roles and he doesn't want that.

Right now I can't remember where I read it. It was in a magazine...  
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 10:53 pm
Shatner has wrote several books.

I have one, and the title called: Collision Course.  

PopRocksV

Invisible Gawker

8,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

ranch_and_potatos

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:57 pm
potato chips and bear. and the show ended like 5 decades ago. lol.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:24 pm
Sweetycow
I read somewhere that he does get job offers, but he doesn't like the roles. He got so used to be number one and now they want to cast him in small supporting roles and he doesn't want that.

I agree, and with a point to add to that.

He's so full of himself that he can't accept anything else. That's my conclusion based on how his fellow TOS costars would describe him.  

Dust Dancer

Matt Pniewski

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:14 pm
Dust Dancer
Sweetycow

He's so full of himself that he can't accept anything else. That's my conclusion based on how his fellow TOS costars would describe him.

Doohan and Takei being especially hateful.... Takei is a damn decent guy, who I met while filming at the pride parade... So I'll take his side...

Look, rise and fall? He never had a rise..... He was a terrible actor, writer, and director who thinks he's "The Shatner." But really, he's not. He's luckily got the charisma needed to make his performances enjoyable, but never believable.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:04 pm
Matt Pniewski
Dust Dancer
Sweetycow

Doohan and Takei being especially hateful.... Takei is a damn decent guy, who I met while filming at the pride parade... So I'll take his side...

Look, rise and fall? He never had a rise..... He was a terrible actor, writer, and director who thinks he's "The Shatner." But really, he's not. He's luckily got the charisma needed to make his performances enjoyable, but never believable.

Oh yeah, I remember Doohan saying he didn't like Shatner. Although I heard at his final convention before he passed on he forgave him. I don't think Takei has forgiven him yet.  

xXSuperWhateverXx

7,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Matt Pniewski

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:09 pm
SuperCrazyChocolate
Matt Pniewski
Dust Dancer
Sweetycow

Oh yeah, I remember Doohan saying he didn't like Shatner. Although I heard at his final convention before he passed on he forgave him. I don't think Takei has forgiven him yet.

Eh, I think that's actually up in the air. Takei said he did, but Shatner holds the grudge because Takei didn't invite him to his wedding. Takei says that Shatner was invited, but was not allowed in, because he did not RSVP.

Takei's a great guy... I was filmming things at the Chicago Gay Pride Parade, and got to talk to him for a couple minutes when he was grand marshall.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:03 pm
Matt Pniewski
SuperCrazyChocolate
Matt Pniewski
Dust Dancer
Sweetycow

Eh, I think that's actually up in the air. Takei said he did, but Shatner holds the grudge because Takei didn't invite him to his wedding. Takei says that Shatner was invited, but was not allowed in, because he did not RSVP.

Takei's a great guy... I was filmming things at the Chicago Gay Pride Parade, and got to talk to him for a couple minutes when he was grand marshall.

Yeah, I did hear that Takei invited Shatner to his wedding, and that he never RSVP. I wonder why though?  

xXSuperWhateverXx

7,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Dust Dancer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:28 am
SuperCrazyChocolate

Yeah, I did hear that Takei invited Shatner to his wedding, and that he never RSVP. I wonder why though?

He probably thought since he's so great and almighty, he didn't have to RSVP x^D  
Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff