Submit

The Twilight Bringer

Distinct Genius

6,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 5:32 pm
A friend of mine said he seen a video of a band going around doing what the beatles did.Told me they look like them,sing like them and everything.This sounds fishy to me,can anyone shed a little light????????  
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 2:48 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

If what I'm thinking is right. Your friend could be talking about Rain. Rain is a tribute band that goes around dressing like the Beatles, playing like The Beatles, and everything. I've seen them live in L.A. Nice guys.

Fishy? There are a lot of other bands that do the same thing. They're called tribute bands. They go around playing the music of the band/artist that they are tributing to.
User Image

Dr Magical Mystery

5,700 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Cazarella

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 9:37 pm
You're friend might be talking about the Beatels (el not le) which are popular band (I think they are australian) and they have videos up on youtube. They are quite good, but are nowhere near as attractive as the originals.  
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 1:26 am
I'm sure there are tons of Beatles tribute bands floating around.  

practicallyzen

The Twilight Bringer

Distinct Genius

6,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 6:52 am
Huh,never knew about tribute bands before.I think i'll check them out.thanks for clearing this up,I thought my friend was pulling my leg really sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 5:05 pm
Dr Magical Mystery

If what I'm thinking is right. Your friend could be talking about Rain. Rain is a tribute band that goes around dressing like the Beatles, playing like The Beatles, and everything. I've seen them live in L.A. Nice guys.

Fishy? There are a lot of other bands that do the same thing. They're called tribute bands. They go around playing the music of the band/artist that they are tributing to.
User Image

I saw Rain when they came around Pennsylvania. They were pretty awesome, and really nice. They'll be around here again, but it's the day before my graduation.

pythonesque

Kawaii Fatcat

The Lover of Wonderland

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:28 pm
When you said that, you reminded me of the tribute band The Fab Four.

Also, the comedian Stevie Riks is hillarous. He's done all of them, and other bands.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:26 pm
Dr Magical Mystery

User Image

I concur. they are probably the best.they look like them the most and sound like them the most.they were on tv once and when my mom saw it she was like"is that the Beatles"and she grew up in the sixties.  

I_luv_Beatles

iLennon

1,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:03 pm
So Static
I'm sure there are tons of Beatles tribute bands floating around.

Yeah that is what I was going to say  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:28 pm
The Lover of Wonderland
When you said that, you reminded me of the tribute band The Fab Four.

Also, the comedian Stevie Riks is hillarous. He's done all of them, and other bands.
Steve Riks is hillarious you're right,he does a great Barry Gibb xD  

Scarredskull13

6,550 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Grey Gardens

1,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:08 am
You've never heard of tribute bands before...?

There are millions of them, some very famous and some, obviously not. It's just as if they were actors, really. The Fab Four came to my city a year ago at my cities Beatles' festival {we have one every year now} but the tickets sold out right away. This year they had a band that dressed up just like when the Beatles did their concert on the roof, and it was supposedly good but didn't make it.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:29 pm
Dr Magical Mystery

User Image

User Image
i am watching a Rain show on t.v right now actually, was going to post a new topic about it, but miswell not.
theyre really freaking good, they sound so simmilar!

Candy Coated Razor Blades

emo science geek

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:30 pm
your friend could be tlking about the mockers  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:16 am
emo science geek
your friend could be tlking about the mockers

I think we've already established that her friend could be talking about ANY tribute band... sweatdrop  

Grey Gardens

1,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Nowhere Girl909

2,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:27 pm
Yeah I saw them on tv, they are coming to the hult center were I live. I dont think there good though. Does anyone think I should get tickets?
MissMew
Dr Magical Mystery

User Image

I saw Rain when they came around Pennsylvania. They were pretty awesome, and really nice. They'll be around here again, but it's the day before my graduation.
sad  
The Beatles

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces