Excited as I am???
  YES!!!!!!
View Results

Negai Boshi
Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:18 pm
Finally!!!!
*has been screaming about it for a good 15 minutes now*
Serebii.net has revealed information that the long-awaited remakes of the Johto games. Set for relase in Japan in fall 2009, the new DS games are tenativly called Heart Gold and Soul Silver (I personally like those names! <3)
For info from Serebii.net, check here and in the recent news on the main page.

User Image

I don't know about you all , but I've been waiting for this for AGES. Ever since FireRed and LeafGreen. I never really got to play the Johto games. My first Pokemon game was Yellow, followed by Sapphire. A have a copy of Silver, but the internal battery has died, and I have so save info. I only got to the 8th gym, though. Never got to Victory road....*is really REALLY happy about the remakes*

INFO KRISHNATH HAS POSTED:
Gold and Silver will be bundled with a piece of hardware that can connect to your DS:

http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/pokewalk.shtml

More info relating to gold and silver:

Team Rocket: Confirmed
Whirl Islands: Confirmed

There will be an event in which Jirachi is given out. It is a Diamond/Pearl/Platinum event, but if the Jirachi is transfered to HG/SS it will unlock a new area.

Groudon and Kyogre will be catchable on either HG or SS. A different one on each. If you get both onto the same game, it will unlock Rayquaza.

There is a feature involving Arceus that will unlock the Sinnoh Dragon Legends.

Edit: More info!

Any of the 493 pokemon can walk outside their ball behind you. And you can talk to them! Occasionally they will have an item for you.

The event Jirachi will be level 5 and know a move it can not learn normally. It will be given out during this summer in Japan. Expect it third fourth quarter in the US. and Fourth/First Quarter in the rest of the world.

If you preorder any of the games in Japan, you will get either a Hu-oh or Lugia Miniature. If you pre-order both, you will get an Arceus miniature. These are probably exclusive limited editions.

The storage boxes will now have full touch screen useage.
<-- Negai is very excited about this one. <3

Eusine from Crystal appears in the story based on the Legendary Beasts in a similar manner to Crystal.

The Level 1 Dialga, Palkia & Giratina know Metal Burst, Hydro Pump & Shadow Sneak respectively

There are 9 new touch-screen based mini-games

Confirmation of Lugia & Ho-Oh at Level 45

Confirmation of Red Gyarados returning at Level 30

Additionally rumor has it that Latios, Latias & Mewtwo are available within the game.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 12:54 am
I am looking forwards to them myself, as I never had the chance to play the originals.

(sigh, 13 days until Platinum is released over here...)

Can't stay long, training to become a mod. Later.  

krishnath

Gnome Serial

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 4:44 pm
Same as krishnath i never got a chance to play to originals.  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 8:34 pm
I'm so excited. >.< *is probably gonna end up buying both, one as a replacement for Silver, and one as a new game* heart  

Negai Boshi
Captain

krishnath

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 1:42 am
Negai Boshi
I'm so excited. >.< *is probably gonna end up buying both, one as a replacement for Silver, and one as a new game* heart

Knowing me, I'll likely end up buying both as well...

...which reminds me, I still need to get Leaf Green... >.<  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 7:29 pm
krishnath
Negai Boshi

Knowing me, I'll likely end up buying both as well...

...which reminds me, I still need to get Leaf Green... >.<

Lol. My little sister tends to get the game I don't. I have Red, Silver, FireRed, and Diamond, while she has Blue, Gold, LeafGreen, and Pearl. But I get the third versions, and she didn't seem excited about the new remakes, so I still wnt to just get both. If she wants one, she can, but...<3 Mine.  

Negai Boshi
Captain

krishnath

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 12:28 pm
Making a few predictions for the upcoming remakes:

1. The third and fourth gen pre-evolutions and end-evolutions of all Jotho Pokemon will be part of the game proper, from happiny to Yanmega. This will expand the Jotho dex considerably.

2. Hu-oh and Lugia will both be catchable in game before the Elite Four. One in each game. Just like Kyogre/Groudon and Palkia/Dialga.

3. Guaranteed Shiny Gyarados in game.

4. Celebi will be released as an event pokemon.

5. You will be able to travel to Kanto after beating the elite four, you will get *one* of the Kanto starters when you do.

6. The game will contain a global trade station.

7. The Orange Islands will be in game and will contain first gen, third gen, and fourth gen pokemon that do not appear in the Jotho dex.

8. All three legendary cats will be catchable.

9. As will the three birds once you get to Kanto.

10. Kanto will be different from the Kanto of LG/FR.

11. You will be able to trade freely with D/P/P, maybe before the national dex, but guaranteed afterwards.

That's pretty much all the predictions I have for now. >.<  
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:59 am
krishnath

1. The third and fourth gen pre-evolutions and end-evolutions of all Jotho Pokemon will be part of the game proper, from happiny to Yanmega. This will expand the Jotho dex considerably.

2. Hu-oh and Lugia will both be catchable in game before the Elite Four. One in each game. Just like Kyogre/Groudon and Palkia/Dialga.

5. You will be able to travel to Kanto after beating the elite four, you will get *one* of the Kanto starters when you do.

7. The Orange Islands will be in game and will contain first gen, third gen, and fourth gen pokemon that do not appear in the Jotho dex.

11. You will be able to trade freely with D/P/P, maybe before the national dex, but guaranteed afterwards.

And that the dupe glitch'll be fixed biggrin  

Jakeypake

Negai Boshi
Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 9:46 pm
krishnath

O.O
Orange islands....YES!!! OMG, I so hope they include them! *loved the second season of the anime*
Wow I hope you're right...

And...
You're a mod now???? Way cool!!!!!  
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:11 pm
Gnome Serial
Same as krishnath i never got a chance to play to originals.
same here  

Gingeria

krishnath

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 2:21 am
Negai Boshi
O.O
Orange islands....YES!!! OMG, I so hope they include them! *loved the second season of the anime*

And...

I am only a Moderator Assistant in Training. Not a full mod yet. >.<

But yeah, I would be surprised if the Orange Islands do not show up, it would be the perfect way to put some first, third, and fourth gen pokemon into the game.  
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 10:05 pm
krishnath
Negai Boshi
O.O

And...

But yeah, I would be surprised if the Orange Islands do not show up, it would be the perfect way to put some first, third, and fourth gen pokemon into the game.

But still, your usernames green now!!!! That's so cool.

Yeah, though I imagine the Orange Islands might have some weird copyright stuff, since they're anime...But I'd LOVE that so much...they totally should include them. But Johto, Kanto, AND the islands might be too much data for one game...maybe....dunno.

Has anyone seen some of the screenshots? The starter always seems to be behind the character! Is it like Yellow version again????  

Negai Boshi
Captain

krishnath

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 1:29 am
Negai Boshi
krishnath
Negai Boshi
O.O

And...

Yeah, though I imagine the Orange Islands might have some weird copyright stuff, since they're anime...But I'd LOVE that so much...they totally should include them. But Johto, Kanto, AND the islands might be too much data for one game...maybe....dunno.

Has anyone seen some of the screenshots? The starter always seems to be behind the character! Is it like Yellow version again????

They can have up to two gigs of info easy on the memory cards used for the games. >.<

On one of the screenshots the pokemon behind the character is a pichu. I think it may have to do with the first pokemon carried, but I need more information before I can tell for certain.

As for the green username, pretty much anyone over the age of 18 can sign up to train to become a mod, there is a sticky in Questions and Assistance that explains how. ^^  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:16 pm
krishnath
Negai Boshi
krishnath
Negai Boshi
O.O

And...

They can have up to two gigs of info easy on the memory cards used for the games. >.<

On one of the screenshots the pokemon behind the character is a pichu. I think it may have to do with the first pokemon carried, but I need more information before I can tell for certain.

As for the green username, pretty much anyone over the age of 18 can sign up to train to become a mod, there is a sticky in Questions and Assistance that explains how. ^^

Hmm. But still, they're gonna have a lot crammed on there. But I do hope they include the Orange Islands. <3

Hmm, yeah, I saw that too. It's interesting, whatever it is....

*is 17* But that's pretty cool....  

Negai Boshi
Captain

krishnath

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:11 am
Negai Boshi
krishnath
Negai Boshi
krishnath
Negai Boshi
O.O

And...

Hmm. But still, they're gonna have a lot crammed on there. But I do hope they include the Orange Islands. <3

Hmm, yeah, I saw that too. It's interesting, whatever it is....

*is 17* But that's pretty cool....

From what a tech savvy friend of mine has told me, there now exists memory cards that can store upwards of 100gb or more. So I don't think there is any reason to worry about them fitting everything in the games. Remember, the games where pretty big way back when they where originally made, and they had much bigger restrictions back then. ^^  
Pokemon Unleashed

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff