Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Music Artists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

A musician's guild! 

Tags: musicians, music, instruments, bands 

Reply The Music Artists Guild
Do you make music then lyrics? Or vice versa? Which is best? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What is easier to write?
  Music
  Lyrics
  ....Depends
View Results

Teh Rock

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:08 pm
I'm just curious to see what people think about this. I sometimes write random lyrics, but never make music to go with them. Usually I make a random song, then see what my friends think, and than make lyrics to it if it sounds good.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:09 pm
I usualy write the instrumantal part of the song. its easer to make. With song writing you have to rhyme, fit the syllibuls, give it a chorus, title and other crap.

but i think it is best to write the lyrics first, then the music, so that way it fits all together.  

W1nterSold1er

Lantis0001

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:20 am
For me, most of my best stuff came all at once, like a musical geyser of sorts.

I'd be noodling on the guitar, and just hum something along and lyrics would just fill themselves in.

Note to new players/songwriters: Keep pen/pencil and paper handy at all times! "The Muse" usually doesn't hit too often!  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:41 pm
Yes, a musician should always have paper with them.

When it comes to writing songs, a melodic idea usual develops first. Then I might come up with some words to fit the melody. I just comes. Whenever I try to consciously create a song, nothing works. I have to rely on random inspirations and be prepared to work with them whenever they appear.  

Lieto

x.Marsh[mel]low.x
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:05 am
I normally write lyrics, then music, then change the lyrics so they fit with the music.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:49 pm
I usually write the lyrics first. It makes it eaiser for me.  

sweetnight

SUCH HEROIC NONSENSE

Dapper Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:23 am
When I write lyrics I normally have a idea of a tune to go with them, This comes out as lines and squiggles beside my lyrics that only me and our guitarist can understand.
We write the song out with the tune and change either one when its done to see what fits best.
If the song needs tweeking then we switch a few notes areound and so on, but if we think its the lyrics its down to me to change them.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:56 pm
I can't write music, so I just write lyrics and leave the music writing to Mel! Hehe.  

_Riyo_
Vice Captain

Stacie Chick

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:16 pm
writing lyic is easer. it just come to you easer.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:21 pm
Lieto
Yes, a musician should always have paper with them.

When it comes to writing songs, a melodic idea usual develops first. Then I might come up with some words to fit the melody. I just comes. Whenever I try to consciously create a song, nothing works. I have to rely on random inspirations and be prepared to work with them whenever they appear.
Same here. ^^  

Miami92

lucila117

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:30 pm
I tend to think that it's easier to start with a text, then the melodic line and finally the harmonic bits.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:29 pm
our band usually writes the musical aspects to a song and pick from like a file of lyrics some of us have written and try to fit them to the song  

bast118

Polaree

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:03 am
Normally I write the lyrics and then create the instramental accompaniment. I think it gves you a beat to work with. I hope that sounds right...  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:31 pm
I guess it depends on the song. 3nodding  

Miami92

Nyanfood

Sparkly Lunatic

7,900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 9:55 pm
I do lyrics first because that's what I take from the heart but in precision. Then I can mold my composition around it.  
The Music Artists Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff