Welcome to Gaia! ::

Spectral Sanctuary

Back to Guilds

A place for discussion of anything relating to religion, spirituality and the paranormal. 

Tags: religion, spirituality, supernatural, paranormal, discussion 

Reply The Paranormal
what is a ghost Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

unknownartist
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:45 pm
what do you think a ghost is?

i think some ghosts are not dead people, i think some ghosts are people alive who are simply not quite in our demention like when your can hear 2 radio stations at once  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:50 pm
Hmm... actually that is a very good point...
But would that make astral creatures ghosts as well, since they can dwell on the earthplane without being tangible?  

Tougenkyou

unknownartist
Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 12:01 am
i dont think so, i think its more like those things that we think our ghosts are actually not ghosts. its more of a miscatagorization then an expansion of a catagory  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 12:05 am
I think that ghosts are not all dead people as well. I believe in reincarnation, and that ghosts are the spirits that decided not to live again, or that got lost on their way. I also beleive that the longer a soul stays a ghost, the more powerful they become. I believe this is how we get demons and such.  

L the strawberry lover
Crew

Tougenkyou

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 12:14 am
Can't prove it, but although that's a good way to get a mutated angry "ghost," demons are altogether a different species, if you will.  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 12:23 am
i realy dont think ghosts could be more powerfull as a ghost then they where as a living person, althow some ghosts arnt dead people there somthing else, like polterguists or at least i think so  

unknownartist
Captain

Tougenkyou

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 12:31 am
Poltergeists aren't classified as ghosts because they are caused by troubled energy, usually young children manage to "create" them. They can cause serious trouble but often just move things around or make noise until they vanish.  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 12:51 am
mmm
in my opinion, a ghost sounds like a term applied to that dimensional being that wanders in a certain period of time, in a certain concetrated place on this plane of existence.
like, not a living thing in our terms but a being forlorn for something...  

VaIkyrie Rising

Menacing Shoujo

Tougenkyou

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 12:54 am
:O What about helpful ghosts (those staying behind to help others, or wait for loved ones such as spouses)? The ones that are happy, I mean, and just waiting...  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 12:57 am
spirits, since they sorta qualify as guardians though it sounds more like a term.
nature spirit, guardian spirit [like an angel though they seem to entirely different beings], potao spirit, animal spirits...
so then a spirit must that of a certain guardian, sorta like a genie....

mmm

need more research...  

VaIkyrie Rising

Menacing Shoujo

Tougenkyou

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 12:58 am
I know there are "master guides" on the other side, to guide others to reincarnation, as well as helping them choose life lessons and to get over guilt and such. I can recommend an amazing book if you'd like.  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 1:03 am
nah, ill pass.
reading is not my thing...
i havent even finished 'Faust'... its in poetry from and in german X_X

mmm whatever it is, the reincarnation thing sounds more like a giant recycling bin...
wonder if i can achieve nirvana, my life feels surreal!  

VaIkyrie Rising

Menacing Shoujo

pompoennetje

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 2:55 am
I always tought it's the soul of person that hasn't moved on yet. Caused by emotional things, or someone hasn't sais goodbye to it yet.  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 3:39 am
Dianda Panda
I always tought it's the soul of person that hasn't moved on yet. Caused by emotional things, or someone hasn't sais goodbye to it yet.

Makes the most sense :p  

Tougenkyou

pompoennetje

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 1:34 pm
Tougenkyou
Dianda Panda
I always tought it's the soul of person that hasn't moved on yet. Caused by emotional things, or someone hasn't says goodbye to it yet.

Makes the most sense :p

I think so. xD

I could wikipedia it, but they use too much difficult words, it makes my brains die.

The Paranormal

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff