Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

dream boat
  yes
  yes!!!!!!!!
View Results

ranch_and_potatos

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:48 pm
omfg. isnt the new captain kirk extremely hot. If chris pine was any hotter i would die. if you dont know what he looks like... google him right now.... now ..... go.... lol.... biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:02 pm
I think the new Kirk is good looking, but the real question is, is the world ready for a new Captain Kirk? Look at all the fame Shatner had, same with Nimoy. Reintroducing the popular original crew will probably wreck or boost the new crew's careers. In a way I feel sorry for them.

Personally though, I think the new Spock is hotter razz  

saramauss

xXSuperWhateverXx

7,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 6:01 am
Yeah I like the new captain kirk, although I'm personally more of a fan of the old one =)  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 2:28 pm
I think that the new Kirk will do a good job. Nearly the entire cast looks like they are the TOS characters (obviously younger) except Sulu and Scotty.

My hope is that we get a glimpse of Finnegan (Shore Leave S 1 Ep 15). It would be interesting if they remembered this minor character.  

Son Of No Man

3,100 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100

Miral Paris

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:10 pm
No matter how attractive or appealing Chris Pine may be, he is NOT William Shatner. In my mind, William Shatner IS and WILL ALWAYS BE Captain Kirk. He made the character the sci-fi icon that it is today.

That's not to say Pine won't bring something unique to the character. After all, the film takes place in an alternate timeline, as I'm sure we're all well aware of by now. Which basically means that the producers and screenwriters threw canon by the wayside, for the most part. I just hope they do a couple of sequels, then go back to the familiar universe.

Was it just me or was that one line uttered by Nero in one of the trailers a big tip-off to this being set in an alternate universe? "James T. Kirk was a great man, but that was another life." Before I even knew that it wasn't set in the original universe, I had a pretty good idea that something different was going on.  
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 3:00 pm
He's okay, but I prefer, the orginal kirk restored to youth. =)  

The Angry Therapist

Frogr1701

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 11:15 pm
Miral Paris
No matter how attractive or appealing Chris Pine may be, he is NOT William Shatner. In my mind, William Shatner IS and WILL ALWAYS BE Captain Kirk. He made the character the sci-fi icon that it is today.

That's not to say Pine won't bring something unique to the character. After all, the film takes place in an alternate timeline, as I'm sure we're all well aware of by now. Which basically means that the producers and screenwriters threw canon by the wayside, for the most part. I just hope they do a couple of sequels, then go back to the familiar universe.

Was it just me or was that one line uttered by Nero in one of the trailers a big tip-off to this being set in an alternate universe? "James T. Kirk was a great man, but that was another life." Before I even knew that it wasn't set in the original universe, I had a pretty good idea that something different was going on.

It had to be. I remember when I first heard about the proposed story the concept drove me crazy. If you wanted to see the Three develop their friendship you just watched TOS. It's going to be a re-imagining which will hopefully draw in the next impatient generation.

If I were 10 years older and a woman I might find Pine to be a handsome devil.  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 9:35 am
I hope they don't mess this up in their sequels. (sorry little faith in the movie industry).  

DevilsLight

6,450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Statustician 100

xXSuperWhateverXx

7,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 1:26 pm
DevilsLight
I hope they don't mess this up in their sequels. (sorry little faith in the movie industry).

Yeah I can see why! Some movies these days are really...crappy... But this movie was good! Really good!!  
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 2:18 pm
SuperCrazyChocolate
DevilsLight

Yeah I can see why! Some movies these days are really...crappy... But this movie was good! Really good!!

I pray it stays REALLY REALLY GOOD and not plummet like the other movies in every genre.  

DevilsLight

6,450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Statustician 100

Mitsune Kumi

Vampire

4,300 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Market Browser 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 3:16 am
Agreed. Hollywood has a bad habit of making really good movies then craptacular sequels.

And the new Kirk is hot, but William Shatner will always hold the title of original with me.  
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 11:32 am
Miral Paris

I totally agree! Fortunately I missed that particular trailer before I went to see the movie, I have a thing for surprises xp  

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

Seth Riegan

Feral Storyteller

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 3:39 pm
As far as the line uttered by Nero, one could also interpret it as being a reference as to what should have happened as in he did in fact change the future. But then again, I am rather bitter about the movie's script to begin with.

As far as the "new Kirk", no one will ever replace Shatner as Kirk. I still prefer him over the new Kirk but that's not saying that the actor did a bad job at portraying him in the movie (although he was a bit too much of an a** but I guess it's "typical of a young man".)  
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:37 pm

I do love Chris Pines, as New Kirk.
      But Shatner will always be Old Kirk.
      I like how my mom put it: "This Chris Pines? He's fine. He's a boy, though. Shatner was a man." biggrin

scutoid

MasterfulChaos

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 11:02 pm
William Shatner will always be Kirk, but Chris Pine is a great actor and a good pick to play the Captain. I'm just curious if they're planning a new television series. I heard rumors of a new show a few years back, but just assumed that they meant the movie. Now I'm no longer sure. (Get going, T.V. People!)  
Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff