Welcome to Gaia! ::

Panic! At The Disco Fan Guild

Back to Guilds

A place for Panic! At The Disco fans to gather and discuss. 

Tags: Panic! At The Disco, Brendon Urie, Music 

Reply PANIC At The Disco Fan Guild
Panic IS opening up for No Doubt. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PR1NC3SS T1G3R

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:00 pm
From Panicatthedisco.com
Quote:
Panic At The Disco will be opening up for No Doubt on August 8th at Cricket Wireless Amphitheatre in San Diego, CA.

We will have presale info for Northern Downpour members soon. Tickets for the general public go on sale Saturday, May 2 at 10:00 AM (Pacific) via ticketmaster.com.

From Ryan's twitter:
Quote:
Whoever said we are playing a show august 8th is mistaken. Not sure where that rumor got started, very sorry.

A comment on LJ:
Quote:
Yeah, I didn't want to post here until Ryan had confirmed it, but here's what I posted on the Northern Downpour message boards:

I was at the JJAMZ show at the Troubadour in West Hollywood on Sunday night - JJAMZ is Alex Greenwald's new band - and both Ryan and Jon were there. Ryan has been known to show up at JJAMZ shows before since he and Alex became good friends during the Honda Civic Tour.

Anyway, I was talking to Ryan at the show, asking him about the Aug. 8th gig, and he was absolutely shocked to find out that tickets were being sold with Panic's name on the bill. He'd heard about the possibility of them doing a show opening for No Doubt, but he says they never agreed to do it. He said he was sure we'd be able to get refunds if we purchased tickets, and repeatedly emphatically denied that they were doing the show.

Ryan said he was going to check into this first thing Monday morning, and I can only assume that he is checking with the band's management, etc. but I asked him if I should pass on this info to other fans and he said "Yes! Please!"

Ryan also pointed out that they're busy writing songs for the third album right now, and that they weren't going to take time off from that to do a one-off show opening for some other band.

I've already emailed Northern Downpour/Artist Arena about it, but WTF?? How does a screw-up this major happen? I know of fans who were going to be coming from out of state for the show... I can only hope they haven't purchased plane tickets yet, since those will be a lot harder to get a refund for.

Jen, aka jenepherre on LJ, Twitter, myspace, etc.

Also (these are all posts that *I* made, so I don't see a problem copying them over here and I know people want to know what's going on...):

I bought tickets too and I'm just as disappointed as the rest of you. I can't even imagine how a mistake like this could happen. Ryan did say that anyone who bought tickets thinking that Panic was going to be playing would be able to get refunds. I hope that's true.

I must have had some epically shocked expression on my face when Ryan and I were talking about this. He kept saying "I'm sorry!" over and over again, and then he started saying "Don't look at me like that!" in this kind of sad, worried voice! I told him that I was sure it wasn't his fault, but that we'd all really like to know what's going on with this show.

At least he's confirmed what he told me in his Twitter now. But believe me, I'm not happy about this either. Just passing on the information to you all.

From panicatthedisco.com
Quote:
Just a quick update - the show on Aug 8 in San Diego w/ No Doubt is definitely happening. See you there!

It's like they're trying to confuse us.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:30 pm
Wow! That's awesome. ^^ Isn't Paramore opening for them sometime too?
I wish I lived closer.

PrimeRibby
Captain

Panda Cheval

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:41 pm
Damn.
Makes me want to live in San Diego right now.
Aha (: !

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:17 am
This is just more proof that living in England sucks xp  

aevita

6,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200

Polyphonic Twilight

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:45 am
Panic-ItsGeorgina
Hey, Panic plays the UK wayyyy more than they play the rest of Europe, so no complaining! xp

& that's pretty awesome. No Doubt is legendary.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:24 am
Panic-ItsGeorgina

Agreed  

Peachy_Limes

Fragile Panic

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 9:21 am
I saw that. i think it's pretty awsome,and @Prime yes Paramore are opening for them on alot of dates.  
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 5:05 pm
I'll take videos of the concert and dedicate them to you guys... heart heart  

PR1NC3SS T1G3R

PrimeRibby
Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 2:40 pm
Fragile Panic
I saw that. i think it's pretty awsome,and @Prime yes Paramore are opening for them on alot of dates.

Yeah. My friend wants me to go with her but I don't really want to go because I only want to see Paramore if THEY are headlining. I saw them with Jimmy Eat World and it was just annoying that they werent the last band that played.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 2:41 pm
PR1NC3SS T1G3R

Do itttt! 4laugh

PrimeRibby
Captain

PR1NC3SS T1G3R

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 5:32 pm
PrimeRibby
PR1NC3SS T1G3R

Do itttt! 4laugh

I will! I will! And I am going to bring something to throw at them... but what? Any suggestions? I want it to be memorable xP  
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 12:37 pm
PR1NC3SS T1G3R
PrimeRibby
PR1NC3SS T1G3R

Do itttt! 4laugh

I will! I will! And I am going to bring something to throw at them... but what? Any suggestions? I want it to be memorable xP

Hmm. I think bras and panties are memorable no matter what. xD It seems like Panic wears bracelets a lot too; I think they like them a lot. I can't think of anything that no one else has done though.

PrimeRibby
Captain

Panda Cheval

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 5:52 pm
Oh yeah, they aren't performing 0: .
I posted that but then I deleted it because I thought you put "may 2" or something aha.
(: !

PANIC At The Disco Fan Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces