Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply Chatterbox
What do you like to read? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BreathLessX
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:58 pm
Hey, Slummers, we've (myself 'n princess) decided that we should share more interest--including books!

So what are you all reading lately? Since I've had a like a gazillion hours of free time, I've been tracking down what I've read.

So far, the only recent books I've read were The Giver and Evermore: The Immortals. They're both really good books, but what I love is that The Giver keeps you on the seat till the very, very end.

I'm reading Wicked: Witches and Spells, but it is a really slow book. It's hard to get into it.

So what are you guys reading? (you can include manga too, if that's all you read)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:21 pm
Um...I've read a lot of books lately. So many! >>" I'll just write down some really good books that stick out in my mind. Yeah.
D.Gray-Man volume 13
Abarat
.hack//A.I. Buster
Storm Thief
Poison
Fairest
Ever
Frozen Fire
Artemis Fowl
I've read more; those are just some of them. XD only one manga, I probably could list a whole bunch of shonen jump though. <3 rereading them. Yeah. Thanks for making this topic (always looking for more books to read.)
PS. I read The Giver also. Great book!  

Darkly_Doomed

Dapper Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Explorer 100

BreathLessX
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:38 pm
Wow, Doom, you sure read a lot! I'll jot those down so I can gett'em at the library. I've never read Fowl, but he seems to have a lot of good books. And The Giver is awesome. Best book in Middleschool history.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:20 pm
Yay! I read Abarat forever ago, but it was an awesome book. Clive Barker=Epic win.
Mine:
The Reformed Vampire Support Group
Be With You

The books I've enjoyed in the past...
The Disreputable History of Frankie-Landau Banks
Tithe
Valiant
Ironside
The Thief of Always
The Giver
The Hunchback of Notre-Dame
Neverwhere
Good Omens  

Mubyou

fk12

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:00 pm
Due to AP English, I rarely read for fun anymore. In fact, the last book I bought for myself was Howl's Moving Castle.

In English, though, we just finished King Lear, and I... have no idea what's next. 8|However, a little while ago, we read Lord of the Flies, and I really, really liked it. 8>

HRRHRRR I'm cheap and barely read manga anymore. The only things I really keep up with are Zombie-Loan, the Persona 3 comic, the P4 comic, and Kuroshitsuji.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:50 am
@M- Abarat sounds interesting, and when I can, I'll also get that too. And Be With You, I think that was also a manga. The Manga was pretty neat, so I'll read the book too. And you and my sister would get along, she loves Tithe and Holly Black's books.

@Fk- Was Howl good? I've been wanting to read it, but nobody near me really reads like I do. And, Lord of The Flies is one of my fave litteratures' in High School, next to Catcher in the Rye.

I'm re-reading the Another Birth Series again. But I'm going to try out other books too, I think. lol.  

BreathLessX
Crew

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:13 am
I don't read much anymore. I only really read stuff that I'm required to read in English. The last book that I wasn't required to read was some book about Hitler.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:26 am
@BL- Howl's Moving Castle is really good~ And quite different from the Mizayaki movie, if you've seen that. Howl is much more of a prissy mess in the book.

I liked Catcher in the Rye, too. I just... hated Holden with a burning passion.

You should try tracking down the Kino no Tabi/Kino's Journey books~ They're kind of hard to find, but full of win and awesome. And a talking motorcycle named Hermes. 8>b  

fk12

BreathLessX
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:09 pm
@GG- I don't think I read a book about Hitler, ever. But I want to read Night again. And The boy in the Stripe Pajamas. I love historic books about World War II.

@FK- Really? Then I have to get it, just have to. And Holden made me laugh so much. I wish I could read more of the author's works.

Did you say Kino No Tabi? I passed by that book so many times in the library. It just never grabbed my interest. I'm gonna so get it now. ause it sounds like fun.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:09 pm
I didn't even know Howl's Moving Castle was a book. D: I still need to see the movie. I saw parts of it once on Cartoon Network.
I PHEEL LAME.

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

Naota3

4,400 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:19 pm
I used read theese
rave master
naruto
mbn

I just order A.I. buster i can't wait until comes in xd  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:28 pm
@GG- Oh wow. That is sorta phailure on your end. That movie has been out for quite a while...

@ Naota- What mbn? Just curious. Oh, and I loved Rave Master when I was in Middle School. Plue is just so adorabe. And Naruto is a pretty decent manga. Can't say much about it's anime, tho.  

BreathLessX
Crew

Mubyou

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:06 pm
Have you read Fairy Tail yet? It's by the same guy and Plue's in it. I was like "LOL CAMEO"  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:39 pm
Things I've read recently.....

Sylabus' collection of Vampire Hunter D novels
Childhood's End (which I haven't gotten through yet)
Dracula
Frankenstein
The Phantom of the Opera
Eragon/Eldest
2001: A Space Odessey
Dune
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland/Through the Looking-Glass

and on the manga side....
Glass Wings
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (because I'm too lazy to play the game)

Endranse

8,000 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
Chatterbox

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items