Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply 03 One-on-One RPs
Volstov University (Stevie-Rea & CosmicMoon) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CosmicMoon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:52 pm

Volstov University

Introduction:

Volstov (stole the name because I can't think of original names right now) University is known it's almost castle like appearance. It is very large, spacious and very old. It does have a drawbridge and very tall walls, but the bridge was rebuilt to be more sturdy so it's now just a bridge. The other surrounding walls were broken down for expansion purposes and now have roads leading into the buildings. It's history does go back very far, but the building was never part of any royal family and was always a school. There were many expansions to the school. The buildings were attempted to be kept in the same design, but even the main buildings had to go through renovations. It still keeps it's mystique and magnificent appearance of a castle, but it isn't as dark and grey any more.

The library is one of the older buildings and is something of legend. It is in the largest building and is about three stories and have miles of shelves filled with millions of books. The inside appearance looks almost like the library of congress, however is only about half the size. There are a few lecture halls inside the building.

The dorms are scattered across the campus ranging from the oldest building near the main original buildings to the newest ones. Greek Row is just outside the right most side of the wall, the road there leads to Greek Row. There are more houses on the other side of the wall, which is also Greek Row and they often seem to duke out which is the better side to be on. It became a tradition and now the two sides are natural rivals.

The dorms are not as enthusiastic. Most of the kids just want to stay and school and study, but do sometimes go to the massive parties held on either side on the same day.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:50 pm
Name: Rhys Cadogan

Orientation:
Straight, he thinks. D<

Height: 5'10''

Hair: Dark brown

Eye color: Hazel

Physical description:

User Image

Personality:

Finicky and quiet would be what most people would describe him as. He is picky with his clothing and they always have to be clean. He keeps his space very organized and has a tendency to tidy up messes that other people have made, even his dorm mates. He makes light conversation when approached but he usually has his nose in a book.

He doesn't tend to go out a lot and only has a small group of friends, some from home and even fewer in the school. His friends are very close to him, his closest are former room mates and the friends he has known since he was child. When he hangs out with them, he'll usually play video games and have a couple drinks. If they want to go out to drink, he won't drag behind, but he won't altogether be part of the group in their drunken stupor. Those days he ends up being the voluntary designated driver.

He hasn't been part of the party scene and rejects all the invitations he receives. He isn't a particularly mean individual, just silent and a bit closed off.

History:

Rhys comes from a family of four brothers and a mother and father. He is the youngest in the family and was often babied because of it. Two of his brothers had gone off into the military and the second oldest is a struggling artist that still remains with his parents.

Rhys decided that he would get his BA in English. He wishes to be a writer and has won a couple awards for his short stories, but is no where near to finding inspiration for a novel.

His love life is questionable. He had been on a few dates with girls who had approached him first. All of them had been girls who were attracted to his looks, but they found him dull because he didn't talk a lot.

CosmicMoon

Frank_36912

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:22 pm
Name: Alex

Orientation: confused

height: 6'0''

hair: black

eye color: green

what he looks like:User Image [[piercings included]]

personality: Alex is a loud and rambunctious person. He makes friends very easily. He keeps his room a mess, that's how he finds things. He's always been in the party crowd but it's calmed down now that his parents have threatened to stop paying his tuition. He has one really close group of friends that he hasn't once been with out until now, he's known them since his first year of school

history: His father left when he was young and his mother remarried. He has a little sister that he hardly ever sees and doesn't really care about. He's confused about his orientation because he's had feelings for guys before but just never dated them. As for his dating history... he'd rather not go there.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:29 pm
It was a new quarter. The summer was just starting to ebb away into fall so it was still quite warm outside. Rhys decided on a casual dress shirt, a few buttons popped open. All his clothes were neatly packed in a large suit case, along with his other rather large handbag with his other essentials. He was going to have a new roommate, unfortunately he had no idea who it was going to be.

He wished that he had his old roommate, but he was studying abroad now. As good of friends as they were, well, they still kept in touch. His dorm was in the old building. Which was nice because that was near the library.

When he reached his dorm, it was still generally empty. His computer and small refrigerator was already there from his earlier trip. He glanced over to the other side and some of his new roommates belongings haphazardly thrown. Rhys felt his eye twitch and hoped to God that he didn't have a messy roommate.

He picked up a few of the belongings and arranged them accordingly on his desk. Then he logged onto his computer and started his usual process of eliminated of the many things he checks while he's on.

CosmicMoon

Frank_36912

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:41 pm
Alex trumped in to the room, lit cigarette in his mouth and a large army duffel bag on his back with all of his cloths smashed in to it. He flung it on his bed and started to pull them all out and tossed them in his dresser. He kicked a few other things out of the way and flopped on his bed before he realized that another boy was in the room "oi... you my new roommate?" he tapped his cigarette ashes on the floor before taking another puff off of it  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:48 pm
Rhys inwardly cringed. This was a nightmare, this was exactly the opposite of the type of person he wanted as a roommate. He watched in horror as the cigarette ashes flaked to the ground.

This was bad, horrible, terrible. He couldn't be rude though. He stared at the haphazardly packed duffel bag and then back at the rowdy looking man. "Yeah, it seems so. I'm Rhys."

CosmicMoon

Frank_36912

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:52 pm
he sat up and held his hand out "Alex" he shook Rhys hand and finished off his cigarette. he stamped it out on his bed side table and exhaled the smoke. "this you're first year here? you seem new" he got up and finished unpacking his duffel bag and tossed it in to the corner of his side of the room before flopping back down on to his bed  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:14 pm
He felt mildly offended by that comment. Mostly because he had been here for a few years. If anything he looked like a first year. He just shook his head. "No, what makes you say that?"  

CosmicMoon

Frank_36912

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:32 pm
"you're side of the rooms clean and you still seem to care" he scoffed a little and pulled out a note book "so... why you hear?" he started to scribble out a story that he was going to write, just the rough out line. He wasn't hear to major in writing, he just wanted a 'higher education' and he was being forced  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:27 pm
He was going to grumble about him being able to keep his side of the room clean if he wanted, thank you. It did not make him a first year. "English," he replied. "I'm working for my bachelors in English."

He looked the boy up and down who was now scribbling something on his notebook. He vaguely wondered what it was, but instead just reciprocated Alex's question. "What about you?"

CosmicMoon

Frank_36912

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:43 am
"what ever... I'm taking mostly English but a little bit of every thing... I didn't have a choice and it's my last year, so why bother" he yawned a little and continued to write. "hey... there's gonna be a party over at the newer dorms... you should come, I'm not letting you decline... you're being dragged there whether you like it or not" he smirked over his note book over to his new room mate "who knows... maybe you'll find a hot chick and go back to her dorm."  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:14 am
Rhys all but glared at his new roommate. He couldn't believe that he was being so assuming. He hated parties. More to the point he really didn't like drinking. He was a major lightweight, and did not the enjoy the last unfortunate drunken incident he had. He didn't want to repeat it, and no punk with absolutely no manners was going to change his mind.

"No, thank you." He said a bit more darkly and forceful. "I have things to clean up and straighten out tonight."

CosmicMoon

Frank_36912

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:31 pm
"then don't drink" he smirked "you're not touching my side of the room... I just need some one to haul me back here so I don't end up in a ditch some were... can you at least do THAT for me?" he put his note book down and smirked at his room mate "we could be friends if you just lighten up a bit, give it a shot... don't drink and laugh at the drunken people... you never know what could happen"  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:00 pm
His devil's temptation for him wasn't working. Well, that's what he was telling himself. He was feeling like he was being awfully cold, even though he wasn't sure if he even liked the man yet or not. If he really did need someone to help him back over here, then who was he to reject at least that.

He marked it down as the first and noted that it probably wouldn't be the last favor he'd be doing for his new roommate. His stern face caved when he looked back to Alex. "Alright, when is it?"

CosmicMoon

Frank_36912

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:40 pm
he looked at his watch "now..." he smiled and got up "so... come on... The party waits for no one" he grabbed his coat and waited for Rhys at the door "by the way... I have a feeling I'm gonna get totally plastered tonight... so I apologize now for anything I do now..."  
03 One-on-One RPs

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff