Reply The Music Artists Guild
SINGING vs. SONGWRITING Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ziggreen

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:55 pm
I AM A SINGER BUT I REMEBER PEOPLE TELLING ME IT TAKES MORE TALENT TO BE A SONGWRITER, I PERSONALY DISAGREE WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK??????????  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:14 pm
most ppl make songwriters look bad, cuz every 14 year old that throughs some ryhmes together thinks they are a songwriter.

both are important and most musicians do both.  

Old Fashion Cliche

Handsome Genius

AoibhealDragonheart

Fashionable Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:46 pm
On This Night
most ppl make songwriters look bad, cuz every 14 year old that throughs some ryhmes together thinks they are a songwriter.

I completely agree about the whole 'throwing rhymes together and they think they're a song writer' thing. It takes way more to be a somewriter than just throwing together a few rhymes. I personally thing that the song has to have some sort of deeper meaning to it than what most people hear, if you know what I mean.
But I am a singer and a songwriter(I Have been for the past three/four years now) and I think that both are really important. After all you wouldn't really have a band or whatever without the singer, nor would you have the song without the songwriter. Just like without the band you'd have no music. All parts are important. They're equal and I don't get why some argue over which one is better.
And it takes an equal amount of talent to either sing or play an instrument or write a song in my opinion.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:22 am
Tempest29
On This Night

I completely agree about the whole 'throwing rhymes together and they think they're a song writer' thing. It takes way more to be a somewriter than just throwing together a few rhymes. I personally thing that the song has to have some sort of deeper meaning to it than what most people hear, if you know what I mean.
But I am a singer and a songwriter(I Have been for the past three/four years now) and I think that both are really important. After all you wouldn't really have a band or whatever without the singer, nor would you have the song without the songwriter. Just like without the band you'd have no music. All parts are important. They're equal and I don't get why some argue over which one is better.
And it takes an equal amount of talent to either sing or play an instrument or write a song in my opinion.

you can have music without a band. theres lotsa solo musicians out there  

Old Fashion Cliche

Handsome Genius

AoibhealDragonheart

Fashionable Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:36 pm
On This Night
Tempest29
On This Night

you can have music without a band. theres lotsa solo musicians out there

Right, sorry, I was ranting and not paying attention to what i was writing... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:18 pm
I personally think that to be a songwriter requires a lot more skill and creativity than being a singer unless you are an ad-lib rapper and just make up good songs on the spot like Snoop Dogg. Though singing may take more practice and repetitive tasks, the skill is really shown off in the song itself rather than the lyrics or voice.  

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Old Fashion Cliche

Handsome Genius

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:50 pm
maui boy no ka oi
I personally think that to be a songwriter requires a lot more skill and creativity than being a singer unless you are an ad-lib rapper and just make up good songs on the spot like Snoop Dogg. Though singing may take more practice and repetitive tasks, the skill is really shown off in the song itself rather than the lyrics or voice.

i have to disagree. in a song the part that hits ppl most is the lyrics. its the meaning of the song that gives it power.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:25 pm
On This Night
maui boy no ka oi

i have to disagree. in a song the part that hits ppl most is the lyrics. its the meaning of the song that gives it power.

Indeed. I have to agree with you On This Night. The lyrics are what hits people the most in a good song. Pretty much rap is just non-scense talking. I mean, sure lots of people like it, but it's not one of my personal favourites out of all the genre's mainly for that single fact.  

AoibhealDragonheart

Fashionable Prophet

_Riyo_
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:21 pm
They both take different kinds of talents. It's like comparing script-writing to acting. Both are incredibly important for the outcome, you know? And you need a lot of talent for both to make a good outcome, really. A badly written play will not look good even with good acting, just as a well-written play will not look good with bad acting. Same goes for songs. Not everyone can be singer, and not everyone can be a songwriter, but both have talent of different kinds.  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 6:52 pm
i think it takes more talent to write a song because you have to write down a lot of words. when singing, you just memarize a song  

xox Dont Forget About Me

Angel_Of_Witness_Patrol88

1,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 10:42 am
Honestly in my opinion, it takes talent to do both.... biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 10:52 am
personally i think that anyone can write a song. it just have to reflect how you feel. it takes time and practice to sing well  

overkill preamble

enchantress of lightning

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 6:24 pm
I beleive that both are very inportant to a song and take a lot of talent (if you're actually good). I am a singer myself and I wish I had the talent to write music as well.  
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 8:52 pm
ziggreen
I AM A SINGER BUT I REMEBER PEOPLE TELLING ME IT TAKES MORE TALENT TO BE A SONGWRITER, I PERSONALY DISAGREE WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK??????????
I'm both, and in all honesty writing a song is easy, but a great song takes something else.  

Airborne_scout

Paperwhale

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:07 pm
It takes talent for both 3nodding

What if there wasn't any songwriters,What will you sing?
What if there wasn't any Singers,Who will sing the song?

Personally you need both 3nodding  
The Music Artists Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces