Welcome to Gaia! ::

Underground Webcomic Organization (U.W.O.)

Back to Guilds

Tired of the same old Manga stories and want to write your own ORIGINAL MANGA/COMICS, then this is the place for you! 

Tags: Arts, manga, comic, drawing, writing 

Reply The Creator's Critique Area (feedback)
Pilgrim Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AEAcomics

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:50 pm
http://pilgrim.thewebcomic.com

Pilgrim is a story about a young woman who wakes in a strange land without any prophesies, epic questing, or world-saving to do.

It's slow paced, not too much action yet. The art in the beginning is rough, but improves with every page.

At nearly 50 pages, it's starting to come into a good aesthetic.

sample: chapter 2 page 1
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Actually, I need to fuss with this one a bit more. Change a few tones and make the inset panel pop out more.

Crit and feedback is always lovely. I'm always looking for things to improve on. smile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:04 pm
I am curious, is each picture made then put together using a art program (like photoshop) or is it all on on esheet of paper.

Ohh and is she locked in the room. The door makes it appear that way question  

RiceAndPotatoes

AEAcomics

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:10 pm
It's mostly on one sheet of paper. For the sample page I've posted, the trees were drawn on a separate paper and edited in. I try to do everything on one sheet, it saves time on the digital steps.
And I use Paint Shop Pro 9 for all the digital stuff.

No, she isn't locked in. She can lift up the plank to open the door. From the outside, that string can be pulled, lifting up the plank. To lock the door, the string would have to be pulled in. Even so, it can still be opened from the inside.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:44 pm
I was always curious. Just to me it always looks like they are each sepratly drawn and placed onto the sheet. To me making sure the layout is good before you actually start drawing, would be the hard part (for me)  

RiceAndPotatoes

AEAcomics

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:16 pm
It's probably the hardest and most time consuming part for me too. But once I've figured out what I'll be drawing, actually sketching it doesn't take too long.

But the layouts are a major pain. burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:42 pm
DarKlawStudios
It's probably the hardest and most time consuming part for me too. But once I've figured out what I'll be drawing, actually sketching it doesn't take too long.

But the layouts are a major pain. burning_eyes

ya. I need to perfect my sketches, but every night i go through one of my comic stroy lines briefly, then concentrate on keynpages i want to make (including manga layout)

All I need to do is practice practice practice.  

RiceAndPotatoes

AEAcomics

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:41 pm
That's really the only way to learn how to panel, is practice and read other comics / watch movies.
There are some books and tutorials on paneling, but really nothing that tells what to do in what sort of situation. It's pretty much all trial and error.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:55 pm
DarKlawStudios
That's really the only way to learn how to panel, is practice and read other comics / watch movies.
There are some books and tutorials on paneling, but really nothing that tells what to do in what sort of situation. It's pretty much all trial and error.

Hopefully more trial then error, but we learn from our mistakes. talk2hand  

RiceAndPotatoes

Gangster in a blanky

8,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:10 am
the only thing that bothers me is the nose. it's big and distracting. lol. not like it's biggest deal in the world though.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:27 am
That's because Rae has a big nose. xp  

AEAcomics

RiceAndPotatoes

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:09 pm
Hustmay
the only thing that bothers me is the nose. it's big and distracting. lol. not like it's biggest deal in the world though.

Ive been meaning to point that out lolz.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:46 pm
I like what you have started here. The details and flow of the page are very nice. The one thing I would suggest is adding a little more tones for more depth.  

aisazia
Captain

izuna_13_13

Shirtless Codger

20,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:49 am
it is very nice!!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:02 pm
Thank you. smile

Tones are gonna be a work in progress for a while, as I find a happy middle to mesh with the inks.  

AEAcomics

Serena Rhapsodos

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:48 pm
I like your toning a lot. I think you found a good medium between inking in and toning. There are a few places where I personally wouldn't have used tones but that's just personal preference.

Great work so far. :3  
The Creator's Critique Area (feedback)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces