Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Name help? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Schpanks

Invisible Vampire

8,850 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:06 pm
So, I wanna find a sort of 'pet-name' for my boyfriend.
Gaelic, Mythological or Pagan name.
A short name would be great.
So, please?
The name and the translation.
Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:42 pm
O.o

Why do people use "pet names"???

I, personally, have never understood them. They seem so degrading. What decently respectable being wants a bloody "pet" name?

I have no ideas obviously.  

SirynECrow

aoijea23487

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:02 pm
Um.

I just call my boyfriend "baby."
So much so that saying his real name weirds me out.

I didn't know people get fancy with pet names.
...is this thread even appropriate?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:09 pm
Why not give him a pet name that actually suits him? Pull one from perhaps an inside joke or a fun experience you two had together?
I'm not sure why you're asking a group of people who have only just been introduced to you and never your SO for suggestions on pet names neutral

I have a pet-name for my SO; it's really not degrading. He likes it, actually.  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Adalyna

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:14 pm
Me and my girlfriend have pet names for each other. For us its certainly a cute and fun way to bond, but I don't know about names from mythology, we just used names that are endearing and have to do with each others personality.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:05 pm
Pet names always seem to be liked more when they're personal in nature. Using something mythological, religious or related to cultures you don't have a direct part in seems too impersonal to really achieve that, wouldn't you agree?  

Recursive Paradox

Adalyna

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:47 pm
Recursive Paradox
Pet names always seem to be liked more when they're personal in nature. Using something mythological, religious or related to cultures you don't have a direct part in seems too impersonal to really achieve that, wouldn't you agree?

I feel the same way about it personally  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:04 pm
Asahi Sara
Recursive Paradox

Me and my partner refer to each other as "love" relatively often. Sort of a shortening of "my love".  

Recursive Paradox

Calixti

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:05 pm
Recursive Paradox
Asahi Sara
Recursive Paradox

Me and my partner refer to each other as "love" relatively often. Sort of a shortening of "my love".
I call everyone "love." Or "lovely." Or "lovie." Or "sunshine," "dearie," "dearheart," or "beautiful." Or various pastries. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:28 pm
Calixti
Recursive Paradox
Asahi Sara
Recursive Paradox

I call everyone "love." Or "lovely." Or "lovie." Or "sunshine," "dearie," "dearheart," or "beautiful." Or various pastries. sweatdrop

I don't. I'm usually like, "hey you! *grin*"  

Recursive Paradox

Adalyna

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:21 pm
Recursive Paradox
Calixti
Recursive Paradox
Asahi Sara
Recursive Paradox

I don't. I'm usually like, "hey you! *grin*"

My girlfriend calls me her pixie and I call her my wolfie. If that isn't annoyingly cutesy enough, those terms of endearment have already devolved into frillier pet names. razz  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:24 pm
Calixti
Recursive Paradox
Asahi Sara
Recursive Paradox

I just call everyone "hon." The few that are really close to me I call "babe."  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:37 pm
I suggest you call your boyfriend Stale Cheeto.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:51 am
*Groans*
I'm simply trying to find a word that comes to mind when I think of him.
And then putting it into another language so that it's special to me and him only.

Schpanks

Invisible Vampire

8,850 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:27 am
Schpanks
*Groans*
I'm simply trying to find a word that comes to mind when I think of him.
And then putting it into another language so that it's special to me and him only.

But we aren't you. We don't know what you think of when you think of him. We aren't in your head and your actions, and the way you talk.

We can't help, because we don't have the context we need to help you.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff