Highlighting black Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:58 pm
What would be the best course of action?

I have several large black objects on my desk that I need to properly paint. I want them to be black for the most part, my only question is how to best highlight them.

Should I highlight black with a very light grey or should I just lightly drybrush it with boltgun metal? These black things are of the Orkish sort to it doesn't have to be as neat as say a Black Templar on his first day to the monestary.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:22 pm
i had the exact same problem about a week ago
never got an answer so i cant help ya here

if anyone knows how id highlight black cloth, please explain in your reply to brookman, id love you forever.  

RevlinHeartsblood

Dragonzealot

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:36 pm
You said it yourself. Highlight them with a Grey. I use Codex Grey.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:29 am
Hmm, my grey has died. I've tried some boltgun metal on a Kan, it looks good. I wonder..  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:46 am
I never highlight ork platings, what I do is paint the whole thing in metal, give it a wash of badab black, followed by devlan mud, and then I apply a black coat over that, leaving some or many edges free as if the paint have chipped off, and the use a small pencil applying mithrill silver on the most pointy edges, and voila! You have a perfect weathered ork vehicle/armour! wink  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:26 am
I've been drybrushing the hell out of things this weekend.. I like it so far, pardon the crappy lighting, the sun hates me.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:50 pm
Looks proppa goffy! mrgreen  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:50 pm
Shinobi_8745
Looks proppa goffy! mrgreen
WOW. I can actually rest easy now knowing that. surprised  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Dragonzealot

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:05 am
OI! ITS NOT SHOOTY ENUFF! YOO'Z MUCKIN ABOUT!

I traded my Stompa I bought (out of an Impulse buy) for a Stormlord/Shadowsword Baneblade. So yea, fair trade.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:36 am
Not shooty enough? The supa' gatler is just a weapon that can fire an unlimited amount of shots in one shooting phase per game if you roll lucky, and with the new weapons available (Deff Arsenal and Belly gun) you can get something that can outshoot armies by itself, especially with the bellygun, since it's not a blast per see it's not half S against vehicles, so everything within xD6 is hit with a S of whatever it was. wink

Pretty much shootier than anything the imperium can come out with that isn't FW stuff. mrgreen

I might buy a stompa, but I think my current Epicast stompa can handle my battles alone so far. ninja  

Shinobi_8745

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:50 am
I was thinking of doing a belly gun but I didn't feel confident enough to open up the torso and potentially ruin it with my lack of converting skills. I did give it a crude EVIL EYE in form of a Battlewagon zapp gun.

Maybe for a second Stompa I'd do that, maybe upgun it even further with a Deff Arsenal, I've got plenty of shootas, big shootas and rokkit launchers lying about.

Granted, I'd need to get one first, money being very absent right now. Anyone care to pass the old git a Stompa? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:49 am
Why not play around with magnetics and such? It's not hard. :B

Check out this thread at the-waaagh! and you'll see what I mean.

http://www.the-waaagh.com/forums/?showtopic=40034

Here's a swappable bellygun for a stompa, and to be honest playing around with magnets isn't hard at all, just make a hole using a drill, apply a magnet and keep doing this untill it looks somewhat like this.

I don't see why one would want to open up the belly of a stompa for converting... Unless if it is for some interiors (like someone else on the-waaagh) like in the poster that you got with the stompa WD.  

Shinobi_8745

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:24 am
Oiii, we don't all have a PhD in scratch building like you! sweatdrop It does look good, if a bit oversized and unbalancing like that. It does look better than the WD example, that one looked too weedy.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:05 am
You have a Stompa?! Can I come over and play? whee  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:17 pm
Well his build isn't finished, and yes it is unbalances, but just a few plates to widen the front of his "skirt" will do the trick. wink
And plasticard is simple to work with, especially with orks!

And yes, the WD sample is a tad bit small... I mean... the fluff around the ammo says that it's about the same size as a trukk...

I see it about the same size when it comes to length though, not the whole thing, but come on... It should be thicker than the WD version! D:  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff