Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo 's Critters [Under Construction! (But still open)]

Back to Guilds

Tags: Nintendo, Critter, Mascot, Video Game, Friends 

Reply Contests and Events [The place to hold Contests and attend Guild Events]
❁ Easter Avatar Competition! [RESULTS ARE IN!!] Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which one's your favorite Easter avatar? (see 2nd post)
  Entry 1
  Entry 2
  Entry 3
  Entry 4
  Entry 5
  Entry 6
View Results

Lilmagical_star

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:45 am
Results are on page 3 3nodding

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Easter's in the air!!! la la la...

Easter is coming up soon and of course, there must be an Easter Avatar Competition somehow here at Nintendo's Critters! Here it is! biggrin

The rules...

- This contest is open to anybody, so that means members as well as crew. There will be fair judging of course. We don't like favoritism. confused

- You must use Tektek.org to make your avatar. No budget, no item exceptions. It's free-for-all!! cool

- You must tektek an avatar that is somehow related to Easter. A rabbit, chick, egg, whatever! Not necessarily a cosplay though. Use your imagination, but it must have something to do with Easter!

- There will be 4 judges, because I like the number 4 blaugh

- ... Have fun? XD Let's celebrate Easter, whether you believe in Jesus or not. It's a "special day" anyway, so another occasion to party! mrgreen

Prizes...

A total of two prizes of 5k! So yep, there will be two winners: one being decided by members using a poll, and the other one being decided by judges. So yay!!

To participate...

Sorry, too late. We're now in the process of choosing the winner. ^^;

Competition closure...

Send you entries by April 11st. Judges and members will then vote for the winners starting April 12nd. The winners should be announced during the next week. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:46 am
Judges... (there's enough for now)

1. Lilmagical_star //results in!
2. GeorgeStow //results in!
3. Kirby The Cheat //results in!
4. Kouenki //results in!

Contestants...

Fairy Alchemist 96, mattzere, Moleje, Frostycakes DLX, Green-Green79, Nunatak

The entries!!

They're not in the same order as the names above. And I didn't add the creator's name. First, to add to the excitement, and second, for those of you who might think crew will automatically win because they are crew. eek stare Now, can you guess who made what? ^^

Please vote for the best Easter avatar using the poll above. smile

Entry #1 User Image
Description: I just wanted to make something pretty. The little chicks are my easter bit... they need to add chocolate easter eggs!

Entry #2 User Image
Description: Title: 3AST3R CHICKY J3T SQUADRON, UNIT: 1337
Events regarding Unit 1337:
Unit 1337 is despatched from production cell 9001 on 05.04.2407.
Unit 1337 arrives at time destination 300 years early, 05.04.2009.
Unit 1337 time manipulator offline. Unit 1337 safety features offline. On 13.04.2009 human logging is ceased. None survive.
Unit 1337 shuts down on 14.04.2009. Mission complete?

Entry #3 User Image
Description: It's basically the easter bunny on a bad morning. You know them, we all have them from time to time. You're tired as heck, haven't had enough sleep and yet duty calls, so you have no choice but to wolf down a power breakfast, ignore the bags underneath your eyes and do the job!

Entry #4 User Image
Description: I went for Easter colors. While the chicks are the obvious Easter reference, I used several of the Sweet Lace items because I've always noticed that mothers use Easter as an excuse to dress their small daughters in the cutest, frilliest, pastel colored dresses they can find.

Entry #5 User Image
Description: As you can see from this fella's many tattoos and weird skin colour,is from a particular tribe.The tribe he is in celebrates the start of the year at Easter,in the middle of spring.They also are able to bring Dandielions to life.They do tribal dances and whatnot on Easter,and surprisingly eat a lot of chocolate,which they make themselves,of course.Each tribe person has a chick,and many also have Dandielion pets,but people don't like they Dandielions as,most of the time,they try to eat the spring chicks.They welcome every animal of the spring,especially bees,as they make the tribe's main food,honey.

Entry #6 User Image
Description: Easter for me is painting eggs I love it! Love lots of different colors and designs especially glitter, well in *INSERTCOUNTRYHERE wink * Easter celebration is all about chocolate eggs so I've missed out lately on being an Easter Egg Artist.  

Lilmagical_star

Moleje

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:36 pm
I like these competitions, I'll enter but it may be close to the time limit when I do!  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:05 pm
Moleje
I like these competitions, I'll enter but it may be close to the time limit when I do!

That's why I wanted to start this early: to give people more time to participate. 3nodding Take all the time you need, but of course it'd be fun to have your entry by April 11st-12nd biggrin cool  

Lilmagical_star

mattzere

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:52 am
XD the 11ST and the 12ND? you make me laugh 3nodding
yes, i'll enter, because avi contests are always a lot of fun :3
To Tektek!
AWAY! burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:48 am
mattzere
XD the 11ST and the 12ND? you make me laugh 3nodding
yes, i'll enter, because avi contests are always a lot of fun :3
To Tektek!
AWAY! burning_eyes

I don't exactly know when I'll close this wink (Plus, I was tired when I wrote that ninja xd )
Yay! biggrin  

Lilmagical_star

mattzere

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:41 am
Is it nearly judging time? I want to see the other contestants' entries! whee  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:44 pm
mattzere

that will be during the week-end
... we only have 3 contestants crying crying crying crying crying  

Lilmagical_star

Fairy Alchemist 96

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:34 pm
Lilmagical_star
mattzere

that will be during the week-end
... we only have 3 contestants crying crying crying crying crying

I'll try and find Zap,he can't have gone too far. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:02 pm
He seems to be MIA, =(  

Moleje

mattzere

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:16 am
Have you tried Toon Alley? He may be there 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:18 am
Thanks to Frosty, there are now 4 contestants! WE NEED MORE THOUGH!!! pirate  

Lilmagical_star

Sir Nunatak

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:01 pm
Yarr, I'mma be enterin' tomorrow, savvy? I'll TekTek something, if only for the sake that this event needs raw ACTIVITY! >D  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:44 am
Hey guys and guyesses, unfortunately, I'm off on holiday tomorrow to the exotic lands of... Wales... sweatdrop
Anyway, this means I wont be here when the judging takes place, so I thought I'd do all of my begging, buttering-up and bothering now, to get it out of the way:
Wow, you judges sure are schmexy this easter ;3
I have your chicky, if you ever want to see him again..... >D
Please please please pleeeaaase vote for me, I'll be your slave and/or best friend and/or dinosaur! whee

I'm only kidding guys (except about the schmexy part....;p) so please, don't vote my avi to win (or lose) for any of the above reasons (yes, yes, I'll return all of the chickys rolleyes ), but what I'm trying to say iiiisss, i'm not neglecting this contest, so please don't vote me down because I'm not responding! sweatdrop

I'll be checking this out when I get back to see all of the other fantastic entries.
may the best easter avatar win!

HAPPY EASTER ALL!!  

mattzere

Contests and Events [The place to hold Contests and attend Guild Events]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out