Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Reiki? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:54 am
I've been wondering if I should explore Reiki as a possible skill to learn. While I can't say much about it as I haven't done a terribly large amount of research, I get the impression that the methodology is similar to what I already do for energy channeling.

And considering my capacity to heal is abhorrent at best... as all I have is a poor affinity with Repair and Life and a good affinity with Water for healing purposes... I'd like to expand my capacities.

But another question I'm grappling with is this. If I learn Reiki, will that poorly impact the evolution of Etherism because I'm going into other things and traditions to achieve something instead of working within the path I have built?

So I dunno. I'm sort of struggling with this. And no. This is not an April's Fools joke.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:01 am
Quote:
And considering my capacity to heal is abhorrent at best...

Argue for your limitations, and you shall have them.  

Ethermus Prime

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:09 am
I went to talk about Reiki, and going in, I didn't really know what it was, and I thought I was pretty awful with healing. Although, once I found out what it was, I was like "oh, that makes total sense." Because it's not about using personal energy to heal (which I'm terrible at), it's about using universal energy to heal (which I can do).

Then again, I've never taken the courses, but at least, it makes much more sense to me now.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:11 am
Ethermus Prime
Quote:
And considering my capacity to heal is abhorrent at best...

Argue for your limitations, and you shall have them.

True enough.

Maybe I should simply practice work with the Aspects I have and find a way to interlace them into healing.

Or even use my own knowledge of biology.

I did manage to deaden someone's nerves (like a painkiller) using energy channeling and the Water Aspect. So maybe I'm not as bad as I thought.  

Recursive Paradox

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:13 am
AniMajor
Because it's not about using personal energy to heal (which I'm terrible at), it's about using universal energy to heal (which I can do).

I already use universal outside sources. x_x  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:15 pm
Do you want a link to the old Reiki thread I made in the guild ages ago?  

TeaDidikai

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:47 pm
TeaDidikai

Yes please. *nodnod*  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:51 pm
Recursive Paradox
TeaDidikai

Yes please. *nodnod*
Link  

TeaDidikai

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:21 pm
TeaDidikai
Recursive Paradox
TeaDidikai

Yes please. *nodnod*
Link

The system seems remarkably similar to Etheristic Channeling. Just that it isn't sourced from a particular Aspect or Essence (Or if it is I don't know what Aspect or Essence it's coming from. *shrug*). An outside source of energy being directed into a person's body. Although, is it actually running through the Reiki healer's body?

It seems similar to what I was doing with the Water, Repair and Life Aspects when I energy channeled and calmed down error's gastronomical issues. I've also managed to deaden pain nerves temporarily in situations where I don't understand the body structures well enough to help them without risk of injury. I've calmed people in mental and emotional distress, aided my own IBS and healed a pretty nasty little cut on my lip, but I wasn't able to prevent scarring. x_x

The heating of the hand thing is especially striking because I've received comments when I do this about how hot my hand (and actually the rest of my body, although not as much as my hand) gets. There's been a few times when I had to shake my hand a little in the air because it was painfully warm. I normally have heating issues from channeling anyways though.

Even the attunement thing makes sense to me from the standpoint of Etherism (although I can't say if it's actually related and I doubt it is). Aspect channeling is based on affinity. Lack an affinity and you fail to channel that source. But there are ways to align your resonance with an Aspect that you lack an affinity for.

Is it a situation where attunement gives you an affinity with the Reiki source? Similar to resonance adjustment in Etherism? There seems like there's all these parallels, but I would like to avoid being so religocentric that I only try to understand things in terms of my path. Reiki could really just be entirely unrelated and the similarities just coincidence. It would be disgustingly arrogant and self deluding of me to even consider otherwise.

This just sort of makes my dilemma worse though. Should I really be learning Reiki? Or should I be working on finding a way to heal effectively using the appropriate mixture of Aspect and Essence channeling and my own knowledge of biology?

I mean, it's clear that other healing methods are good and fine and dandy. Maybe I don't need Reiki. Maybe I'm on my way to a working method of biomancy using Etherism and Aspect/Essence energy channeling already.

Urgh. More questions created by the answers I found.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:50 am
You know, I've been considering the correlation between Reiki and Geomancy for awhile. truth be told, I find the study of the flows of Vis to be absolutely fascinating.
I was going somewhere with that, but the train of thought derailed, survivors, if indeed there are any, are not announcing themselves. sweatdrop  

Fiddlers Green

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:36 am
Fiddlers Green
You know, I've been considering the correlation between Reiki and Geomancy for awhile. truth be told, I find the study of the flows of Vis to be absolutely fascinating.
I was going somewhere with that, but the train of thought derailed, survivors, if indeed there are any, are not announcing themselves. sweatdrop

We'll have to search through the rubble perhaps? My trains of thought do this often.

I think the rails in my mind are poorly laid. x_x  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:08 pm
I know I have gotten my Reiki 2 I can send away healing and do Emitional healing. I do find it interesting and the idea is pretty basic. I am now looking into Richard Gordon Quantum Touch. Now I have my beefs with Quantum Touch. I thoughts are where is this energy you are calling in coming from can it be bad. I am still looking into it.

Here is why I looking into energy healing. This is a ture story I am trying to understand what I did that day. I had a friend with a bad leg it was the nerve on the back of her leg. There where 3 other people in the room 2 girls one guy. I was holding her legs and she had her head in the girls lap. We were shaped as a tranigle the energy was going between the 3 of us. I was moving the energy throught her leg. At one moment with all the love I had in my heart and soul for her. I asked a Angel that was hanging around to remove it. A white light blasted in the room she got up and went to the bathroom. The guy got a cut on his face and the girl that was hurt came running into the room saying she was in no pain. I was shocked the next morning I awoke with the pain and so did the other girl. I am looking for answers to what I did that day. What are your thoughts?  

Zercia

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:28 pm
Zercia
I know I have gotten my Reiki 2 I can send away healing and do Emitional healing.
Cool. What tradition?
Quote:

I asked a Angel that was hanging around to remove it.
eek Why did you deal with a faction of YHVH!?

Quote:
A white light blasted in the room she got up and went to the bathroom. The guy got a cut on his face and the girl that was hurt came running into the room saying she was in no pain. I was shocked the next morning I awoke with the pain and so did the other girl. I am looking for answers to what I did that day. What are your thoughts?
At this point? Mr. Dark to be honest.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:43 pm
TeaDidikai
Cool. What tradition?
eek Why did you deal with a faction of YHVH!?

At this point? Mr. Dark to be honest.

WHat tradition I should look at that paper to be truthful I was just looking for information not really to do it for a living. If people ask I will do it.

What is YHVH? I really did what I did on a whim because I cared for her.
I really did not know what I was doing I was a baby pagan at the time.

My thoughts on why I awoke with it are one I broke a rule I didn't ask her before I removed it. Two I didn't tell them where to put it I was the closest person. Those are my thoughts.  

Zercia

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:47 pm
Zercia
WHat tradition I should look at that paper to be truthful I was just looking for information not really to do it for a living. If people ask I will do it.
I'd honestly like to know myself. I'm always curious out other people's traditions.
Quote:

What is YHVH? I really did what I did on a whim because I cared for her.
I really did not know what I was doing I was a baby pagan at the time.
YHVH is a Middle Eastern deity, known for slaying whole cities, killing first borns and later incarnating and acting as a human-deity sacrifice.
Quote:

My thoughts on why I awoke with it are one I broke a rule I didn't ask her before I removed it.
Why is that a rule?

Whose rule? Who enforces the rule?
Quote:
Two I didn't tell them where to put it I was the closest person. Those are my thoughts.
Interesting.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces