Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
is it fluffy to shun, ignor , and fear the Power Plants? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

younameme qwerty

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:01 pm
this post is closed  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:09 pm
Don't spit into the wind either.

Some practitioners might not feel at home in the use of herbs. Do you find it essential to witchcraft?  

Cunning Witch Angus

younameme qwerty

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:25 pm
Herbs are at the very heart and soul of witchcraft, ...check out 'witchcraft Medicine' by Claudia Muller-Ebeling, Chritian Ratsch and Wolf-Dieter Storl,
as opposed to so many bubble gum books, this is one of many books on the subject, that do not hide the truth. hope to have more of them someday.. I have a lot to learn still.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:58 pm
misssuzy
Herbs are at the very heart and soul of witchcraft, ...check out 'witchcraft Medicine' by Claudia Muller-Ebeling, Chritian Ratsch and Wolf-Dieter Storl,
as opposed to so many bubble gum books, this is one of many books on the subject, that do not hide the truth. hope to have more of them someday.. I have a lot to learn still.

That's subjective. I personally don't use herbs when witchcrafting.

However, might I also suggest the Viridarium Umbris by Daniel Schulke which is an excellent book on herbs and plant magic.  

Cunning Witch Angus

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:07 pm
It really depends on the Witch. Herbalism in and of itself isn't witchcraft, and though it may be a practice that many witches do, there are going to be some that don't. It's all going to be a matter of aptitude, some people are better at some things than others. Considering that there are certain herbs and plants that can be dangerous if used the wrong way, I'd rather that people who actually have some sort of aptitude for working with them be doing those types of things. Rather than saying that everyone who is a witch has to do that - since they could unintentionally end up causing more harm than good, if it's not some they are good at (but they do it because they've been told they have to).  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:19 pm
too2sweet I love the music on your profile!  

Cunning Witch Angus

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:22 pm
thanks! biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:28 pm
Not using herbs and plants in your tradition is in no way fluffy.
It is not wilfully ignorant, it does not commit culture rape and it is not entitlement. Telling people who's paths do not incorporate herb-lore (which, while an incredibly useful and fantastic toolkit is, is not inherent in my path) that they are fluffy is a little bit condescending. Particularly when you're brand new here.
Imagine me coming into your house and telling your family members they're not really your family members because they don't wear purple sunglasses.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

younameme qwerty

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:53 pm
I never said that you have to use herbs, its that they have been so hidden,
I am a kitchen witch, I use plants, You may be another kind of witch and use stones or fire or stars, I certainly have not implied that you have to, but I believe herbs are so deeply rooted in the craft that we can all learn a great deal, I grew a thorn apple last year and only enjoyed being with it, I'm not ready to make flying ointment just yet ... I respect peoples views to not partake but I never hear about these plants. and only a few bookshops will even carry these books, Well I have to learn to word things better , I want this to be a positive post.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:13 pm
misssuzy
I am a kitchen witch, I use plants, You may be another kind of witch and use stones or fire or stars, I certainly have not implied that you have to, but I believe herbs are so deeply rooted in the craft that we can all learn a great deal, I grew a thorn apple last year and only enjoyed being with it, I'm not ready to make flying ointment just yet ... I respect peoples views to not partake but I never hear about these plants. and only a few bookshops will even carry these books, Well I have to learn to word things better , I want this to be a positive post.

If you are using Flying Ointments I would call you a Hedgewitch. The Flying Ointment is supposed to be used to go over the Hedge and into the underworld. It is a very dangerous practice.  

Cunning Witch Angus

younameme qwerty

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:49 pm
i do a lot of flying with only my inner astral ability to, I've never used flying ointment, but i am not closed to the experience. there are so so many different recipes and potency's and plant spirits, Its not fair to say I'll only go over a hedge and into the underworld, I am going to experience many plants in my craft, some I will only water..  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:19 pm
misssuzy

You said that it's fluffy to ignore herbs. There are entire traditions that have no interest in herbs. You called all of them fluffy.
Own what you say please  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Cunning Witch Angus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:23 pm
misssuzy
i do a lot of flying with only my inner astral ability to,

Did you think I meant fly in the physical air?

misssuzy
I've never used flying ointment, but i am not closed to the experience. there are so so many different recipes and potency's and plant spirits,

This is true, which is why it is dangerous. You could poison yourself if you use the wrong recipe.

misssuzy
Its not fair to say I'll only go over a hedge and into the underworld,

How is this not fair? Hedgewitchery is a very interesting path. It is chock full of lore and interesting rituals. Might I suggest Eric de Vries' Hedgerider. I think it might be right up your alley.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:38 pm
If you drive on the wrong side of the road you might hit an oncoming car, why are you guys so hostile???  

younameme qwerty

Cunning Witch Angus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:43 pm
misssuzy
If you drive on the wrong side of the road you might hit an oncoming car,

This is very true.

misssuzy
why are you guys so hostile???

I don't feel I am being hostile. Do you feel that when I break up your "paragraph" for clarification on my part that I am being rude? I am merely stating the dangers of working with herbs, especially flying ointments that could kill you if you get it from the wrong source (like those that contain Belladonna for that extra altitude).  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff