Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
27 pounds down, 23 to go Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wish me luck?
  yes
  no
View Results

ol_evil_eye_Riddle_box

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:17 pm
I decided to make a new one since the other one is so old. I want to lose weight for my daughter that I just had on Valentine's day. In the past week, I've lost 7 pounds. I've been doing a lot of walking, and watching how much I eat. I've gotten rid of my boyfriend, so no stresses aside from the norm. I should start losing weight easier now.

I weighed 225 Last week
This week I weigh 218
I will be back once a week to tell my progress every friday.
Wish me luck

PICTURES
Meet my daughter Lucia Jaelynn
User Image
User Image
Sorry they are so big, this is somebody else computer.

Here is a pic of me currently, it isn't the best, but then again, none of them are lol.
User Image

I'm going to do this goal by goal. once I meet my first goal, I will get my Sims 2 pets. I plan to reach this goal by June 26th.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:56 pm
I don't understand, I have been exercising and watching what I eat, and yet, I didn't loose any weight. Why?

I still weigh: 218
I did lose 2 pounds, but I gained it back some how. I am so tired from exercising, and nothing has happened, we'll see what happens next week.  

ol_evil_eye_Riddle_box

Lady Schist

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:57 pm
Sometimes, our bodies don't give up the weight as easily as the week before. It's just that way, don't give up and certainly don't feel discouraged. Not everyone loses weight every week, and even if your scale gives you numbers that fluctuate, it's not a bad thing. If you gain 2 pounds back, that 2 pounds should stay there for a time, at least a week, before you say you gained weight.

But then again, I'm sure you know all that, I just want to say congratulations. And good luck! ^_^  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:58 am
Thank you, that does help. We'll see how it goes next Friday. I'm watching how much I eat, but so far, this week, I haven't exercised.  

ol_evil_eye_Riddle_box

Bright October Skies

6,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:45 am
It will work out, you have a good thing to work for. Your daughter is the perfect motivation to get helthier. We are here to root for you.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:05 pm
Well, I've been working out and it finally got warm enough to go swimming (I live in Florida). So I have been doing a lot of swimming and walking. Although, I caught it from my boyfriend lol.

Current weight: 218

I seem stuck here, it sucks. Although, i feel I did better this week. I went swimming for 2 hours twice, but the water is still pretty cold. It is a lot warmer, I can handle it some days. This week I haven't been walking so much. My legs are soar from so much swimming and walking and sex. I can't drink the slimfast yet, I let my friend who has been on streets stay for a couple days with no food or water. He ended up drinking most of the milk, but it's cool.

I kind of feel like venting, so you don't have to read the rest.

Lately we've been really stressed out. We don't have my baby, she was taken three days after her birth, so she's been gone for the past 7 weeks. I miss her, I didn't even get to breast feed her. I said I didn't like babies crying, so the nurse called DCF. As a child, I had ear infections a lot, my ears ruptured, so they are sensitive to loud high pitched sounds. We've been having a lot of money issues, where I live is one of the worst in the U.S. when it comes to money and unemployment. The Father of my baby was still into drugs and was going to leave us. He didn't even care about getting her back. The whole court thing we are going through for Lucia is so nerve wrecking. They are trying to make it as hard as possible to get her back, and they won't even let my mom be her guardian. Everybody thinks they are being so hard on us because a baby died recently by her mother down here.

I'm just bummed out, so is my mom, this whole thing is unfair, and I feel it is my fault. I feel so stupid for trusting these people. Thanks for listening, I just wanted to get this off my chest.

ol_evil_eye_Riddle_box

Starlurk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:40 pm
Wow that's terrible about what's going on with your family. I'll be praying for the safe return of your baby. It's great that she has a mommy who's willing to go through all this for her. She's a very lucky girl!

As for your weight loss:

1. I'm not sure how all stress affects the body but it will mess with your weight.
2. Have you been writing down what you eat? You don't have to post your food journal here but sometimes when you write down what you're eating you come to realize, oh hey, I had too much of this. Or hey! No wonder I'm not losing weight! I'm eating all starch! Etc etc
3. I believe swimming in cold water helps you burn calories so kudos on putting up with it. heart  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:35 pm
yea, I've been writing everything down. I'm not eating a lot, and I try to get variety, but still, nothing.  

ol_evil_eye_Riddle_box

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:01 pm
sometimes eating more can kick off weight loss (i know it sounds dumb). Im not saying go out now and eat heaps of McDonalds but if you are eating really little (im not sure how much you are eating) then eating a little more might help. Sorry to hear about your baby sad I hope you manage to get her back soon. Surely they should be supporting families that try to stay together instead of seperating them  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:00 am
Weight: 217

I lost 1 pound, finally. I've been walking everyday, and I started keeping track of how many steps I take a day. You are supposed to get at least 10000 steps a day, and I've been doing that. and more. Not by much though. At work, the average day's worth of steps is 11,000. So when I work, I can be sure that I will get all the steps I'm supposed to. I drank so much water yesterday, about 10 cups of water. I'm going to do the same today. You see, I have this water bottle that holds 8 cups of water, the daily requirement. When I was pregnant I was told I need to drink a gallon of water a day, so I bought that. That thing is very handy. I use it everyday. It actually gets me to drink water. I keep it with me at all times, so it entices me to drink. I would recommend that everybody get one of these. I'm starting to take multi-vitamins again, i'll see how that does for me. One thing I've noticed is, I'm not hungry and I eat less when I'm around other people (except work).

ol_evil_eye_Riddle_box

Soi Tsuba

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:58 pm
food for thought. You have two different things that make up that number on the scale besides organs, skin, and bones.

Muscle 3nodding

and

Fat scream

That number on the scale can stay the same due to water, salt levels, and food.

Ok, I'm getting confusing so here's a great example:

My dad weighs 215

My mom weighs 209

She lost 7 pounds one week. He lost 0.

She lost 2 pounds of fat. He lost 6 pounds of fat.

She gained no muscle. He gained 3lbs of muscle.

That number on the scale means nothing. I know that most of us on here worship the scale in a vain attempt to get that scale to show us a lower number then last time. I'm one of them. I make a little wish each time I step on. I have to mentally prepare myself even though I know all this.

You know what's the only thing that matters? Measurements.

Measure yourself once a month (to see results besides centimeters).  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:50 am
Soi Tsuba
food for thought. You have two different things that make up that number on the scale besides organs, skin, and bones.

Muscle 3nodding

and

Fat scream

That number on the scale can stay the same due to water, salt levels, and food.

Ok, I'm getting confusing so here's a great example:

My dad weighs 215

My mom weighs 209

She lost 7 pounds one week. He lost 0.

She lost 2 pounds of fat. He lost 6 pounds of fat.

She gained no muscle. He gained 3lbs of muscle.

That number on the scale means nothing. I know that most of us on here worship the scale in a vain attempt to get that scale to show us a lower number then last time. I'm one of them. I make a little wish each time I step on. I have to mentally prepare myself even though I know all this.

You know what's the only thing that matters? Measurements.

Measure yourself once a month (to see results besides centimeters).

thank you, that is a really good idea. It was really starting to bug me.

My weight today is.... drum roll please.... 213 biggrin I finally lost some weight. Unfortunately, I started my period, so I am really bloated and still feel the same, if not, worse.

I have measurements from a week ago about
waist 37
belly button 46
hips 45
neck 15
thighs 27
calf 15.5
most of my fat is lower than my waist, that's why I measured my belly button.

ol_evil_eye_Riddle_box

ol_evil_eye_Riddle_box

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:35 am
I bought a dress that is little bit small that I really like. So, when I get it in the mail, I am going to hang it up to motivate me. Just thought I'd say that biggrin . I'm kind of excited, I haven't bought clothes in a really long time! In about four years and it was only a couple pairs of pants.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:32 pm
keep going your doing great. never never never let the number on the scale discourage you, trust me, it only makes things worse. im real sorry about your baby and i pray that everything works out for you. she's gorgous by the way. heart good luck!  

AoiMakura

ol_evil_eye_Riddle_box

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:39 pm
AoiMakura
keep going your doing great. never never never let the number on the scale discourage you, trust me, it only makes things worse. im real sorry about your baby and i pray that everything works out for you. she's gorgous by the way. heart good luck!

thank you, I'm trying not to pay attention to it, but it kind of is hard. I feel good though. i can already tell my body is different, and that makes me happy. I've been talking about it for the past week. I can fit my clothes better again, my pregnancy clothes are so loose on me. My boyfriend even is noticing it.

And thank you, I love my baby so much. We get to see her without supervision of the badges.She is so beautiful. We miss her so much. I know I'm talking a lot, but I am feeling a lot today.  
Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff