Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gold?
  GOLD!!!
View Results

The Angry Therapist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:15 pm
I think that if Demar had never shot Ziel, then Gul dukat would never had gone off in an insane rage. What do you think?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:14 pm
I think in the end it would never have mattered. Dukat was right on the edge and if he had not gotten 100% of what he wanted, he was going to be the way he went. Dont forget, he was originally going to kill her in the beginning.  

vegito61283

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:57 pm
I agree with vegito.

Dukat was already so full of himself that something else would have tipped him over sooner or later. Ziyal's death just hastened his journey into madness.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:36 pm
I to have to admit that Dukat would probably had gone insane even if Damar wouldn't have shot Ziyal. It just hastend it.  

Sweetycow

The Angry Therapist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:55 am
It's true, but at the same time, I don't think he would have done all of the Costa Mojin stuff. He would be more stable. He was always stable, just a little vindictive...=)  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:55 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I agree that Dukat was more stable before Ziel's death, but the war was making him a bit kooky anyway.
But, it was inevitable.

-[.Moo.]-

The Angry Therapist

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:35 am
Well, he had the personal issues with Ziel too. He hated her with Garak, so he was always angry and frustrated. Plus the war and Sisko ticked him off too.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:49 am
platsdevil
Well, he had the personal issues with Ziel too. He hated her with Garak, so he was always angry and frustrated. Plus the war and Sisko ticked him off too.

Their are certain types of people who, when they loose the power they were given and/or felt they had earned with with their own two hands, will have their entire world unravel. He was the classic closet sociopath with psychopathic tendencies. With the take over of Terrok Nor by the Bajoran/Federation alliance, he almost went over the deep end. The only reason he had any semblence of sanity was the joy he got as the station was continuously screwing up and the setbacks in addition to him not losing any real importance or popularity and the Central High Command. Plus he was the only true Cardassian in Power who was able to keep the Obsidian Order in check. But as soon as teh Order was destroyed by the dominion and the Dominion war was turning the Federations way, he completely lost it and saught out the Pa Wraith's. With their help he got his power he always dreamed of and lost all his sanity save for his single goal they gave him. That was to release them from their imprisonment.  

vegito61283

The Angry Therapist

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:35 am
Yeah, I'm starting to see that he would have gone insane anyway. The Pa Wraiths were always there and he went for 'em.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:12 pm
platsdevil
Yeah, I'm starting to see that he would have gone insane anyway. The Pa Wraiths were always there and he went for 'em.

He was always a puppet for the Pa Wraiths. They used him and granted him all the power he could ever want, but the Pa Wraiths never counted on Sisko.  

vegito61283

Bluetabbycat

Jeering Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:31 pm
vegito61283
platsdevil

Their are certain types of people who, when they loose the power they were given and/or felt they had earned with with their own two hands, will have their entire world unravel. He was the classic closet sociopath with psychopathic tendencies. With the take over of Terrok Nor by the Bajoran/Federation alliance, he almost went over the deep end. The only reason he had any semblence of sanity was the joy he got as the station was continuously screwing up and the setbacks in addition to him not losing any real importance or popularity and the Central High Command. Plus he was the only true Cardassian in Power who was able to keep the Obsidian Order in check. But as soon as teh Order was destroyed by the dominion and the Dominion war was turning the Federations way, he completely lost it and saught out the Pa Wraith's. With their help he got his power he always dreamed of and lost all his sanity save for his single goal they gave him. That was to release them from their imprisonment.

I have to agree with vegito; Dukat always had an unstable personality, it was only a matter of time before he went totally loopy.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:59 pm
LOL. It seems that there are a lot of people who agree with my assessment of the situation. Didnt think that would happen. LOL  

vegito61283

The Angry Therapist

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:59 pm
Your assensment is really good though. I'm just full of it.=) I wish Ziel hadn't died. Garaks one chance for romance...  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:43 pm
If you think about it, Dumar is actually the one who allowed Dukat to LIVE. We all know that you don't fail the Domnion, and Dukat had just done that. He was expendable to them, having failed to live up to his promises. So when Dumar kills Ziyal, he does in fact do exactly what he meant to do, without realizing it.

And let's face it, Dukat=instability like vetigo said. He struggles for a return to the power he thought he had on Terok Nor, and he enjoys (like every good villan) the chance to lord his superiority over others. Why pick up Ziyal in the first place? Because he was trying to prove to Major Kira that he was an equally caring person. Why send Ziyal off to Bajor later? To prevent her from destroying his powerbase. Why get so mad at Ziyal for liking Garak? One: he's an enemy, and two: that takes away Dukat's power over HER.

Classic Dukat behavior: I want to feel good about myself, and the only way I can is to make sure SOMEONE understands how awesome I am, and how much they need me, and how much they ought to fear me.

Versus Dumar: I want to feel good about myself, so I'm either going to hit the bottle, or do something amazingly reckless and succeed.

Crazy crazy sci-fi people, one and all.  

alethea_angel

Luxurious Nymph

32,840 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

vegito61283

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:25 pm
alethea_angel
If you think about it, Dumar is actually the one who allowed Dukat to LIVE. We all know that you don't fail the Domnion, and Dukat had just done that. He was expendable to them, having failed to live up to his promises. So when Dumar kills Ziyal, he does in fact do exactly what he meant to do, without realizing it.

And let's face it, Dukat=instability like vetigo said. He struggles for a return to the power he thought he had on Terok Nor, and he enjoys (like every good villan) the chance to lord his superiority over others. Why pick up Ziyal in the first place? Because he was trying to prove to Major Kira that he was an equally caring person. Why send Ziyal off to Bajor later? To prevent her from destroying his powerbase. Why get so mad at Ziyal for liking Garak? One: he's an enemy, and two: that takes away Dukat's power over HER.

Classic Dukat behavior: I want to feel good about myself, and the only way I can is to make sure SOMEONE understands how awesome I am, and how much they need me, and how much they ought to fear me.

Versus Dumar: I want to feel good about myself, so I'm either going to hit the bottle, or do something amazingly reckless and succeed.

Crazy crazy sci-fi people, one and all.

Dukat=Sociopathic murderer
Dumar=Drunken b*****d  
Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out