Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Healthy Treats

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Got any healthy treats in mind? Emphasis on healthy?
  Yes, and I'll post about it!
View Results

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:07 am
Most of us by now know what a healthy meal is; most of us know what a healthy snack is. How about a healthy treat?

1 apple, cored and sliced into 8 pieces (some corers will divide the apple for you)
Optional: lemon juice or vinegar, Splenda
1 tablespoon reduced fat peanut butter (I like Skippy brand), creamy or chunky
1/4 C Walden Farms Caramel Dip

Slice the apple. If you're making it to take somewhere with you, dip or spray the apple with lemon juice or vinegar, perhaps mixed with a little Splenda for added sweetness if you need it.

In a small bowl, mix peanut butter and caramel dip till fully blended. If you're making this to take with you, put this into a small sealable container, such as the little dish of sauce/dressing that comes with pot stickers or salad from a take-out restaurant. I make enough of the sauce for about half a dozen apples at a time and keep it in the little dipping sauce cups in my fridge. Whenever I need to make a bento lunch or snack to take somewhere with me, or to send to work with my DH, I just pick up a sauce cup, slice an apple and spritz it with lemon juice, and I'm on my way.

Weight Watchers: This contains 1 point for the apple, 2 points for the peanut butter, and 0 points for the caramel dip. Total: 3 points; 1 fruit portion.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:06 pm
Yay! Take a cup of frozen berries, raspberries work best. Put that cup of berries into a larger cup, fill just below the top of the berries with soy milk, (literally, even if you drink regular milk, it's best with soy) and put a teaspoon of vanilla extract in.

Take a fork and stab it until you have the texture you want, eat with a spoon. it's SOOOO yummy and very good for you.  

Lady Schist

Pink Rain Today

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:41 pm
User Image

Those both sound terribly yummy, and I am definitely trying tomorrow!

Uhm, I typically have a bunch of things I do but I can't recall ... I freeze yogurt for an hour or so and eat it that way, yummier and similar to ice cream. C:

"If your stomach feels weak my work here is DONE."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:37 am
Sun chips? =D  

EllinaTwigg

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:19 am
I nom on dried apricots. :D
They taste like candy, fat free, and you can have 6 of them for 100 calories!
They're actually really filling too. o.o
Good energy. :3

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:06 pm
I thought sunchips were really *un*healthy... but that they were marketed as healthy a long time ago.

I like to spray some cooking spray on a pot bottom, and slice up apple chunks and saute them on med. for about five minutes, I throw some raisins in (about two spoons full) and continue sauteing, I sprinkle on some cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves, and then I throw some soy milk and oats in and let them cook for another ten minutes or so stirring like hell.

I did this last night when I couldn't have any cake. (it had eggs in it)  

Lady Schist

Pink Rain Today

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:09 am
User Image

That. Sounds. So. Yummy.

"If your stomach feels weak my work here is DONE."

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games