Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
Hilz's Journal v2.0 --Down. 8 lbs-- Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

skankmuffin

Hilarious Prophet

4,350 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:26 pm
HILZ NEW LIFE PLAN v 2.0
STARTS ON PG.2

So I'm starting to try and lose weight again.

Stats
Weight: 258 250
Bust: 45 in
Waist: 40 in
Hip: 53 in
Pant size: 20/22

This time around I'm going to do a point system. 10 pts possible per day.
Another friend of mine uses this slightly different, but I've modified it for me and in a healthy way.

Food:
If I stay on my plan and eat within my daily range of calories, then I get 2 points. If I go over, but not by much, 1 point. A bad day gets 0.

Water:
64+ ounces, 2 points. 32-64 is 1 point, and less than 32 is 0.

Exercise:
If I work out for 30 minutes or more, 2 points. 20-29 minutes, 1 point. Less than 20 minutes, 0 points. One "Get out of exercise free" card to use once a week. :3

This one's an all-or-nothing. I didn't post a lot last time and it made it difficult for me. 2 points if I post. None if I don't.

Self Esteem Challenge:
This is where it gets fun. Every day of the week, there's a special daily challenge that you get to select. If you do it, you get 2 points, if you don't do one, you get 0. Challenge points are the only points that you can make up later, though.

--Monday Challenge: Celebrate Me! Give yourself a facial, take a bubble bath, get a few minutes to yourself, etc. Do something to make yourself feel good.

--Tuesday Challenge: Procrastinator's Anonymous: Everyone has something they're putting off--this is your chance to finally DO it.

--Wednesday Challenge: Random Act of Kindness Day. Commit a random act of kindness--give a compliment, be polite to a telemarketer, donate to charity--anything as long as it's nice!

--Thursday Challenge: Try It, You'll Like it! Do a new exercise, make a new recipe that looks good--expand your horizons!

--Friday Challenge: Fun Day! Blow bubbles, go to a movie, dance, be silly, have fun!

--Saturday Challenge: Cleaning out the Cobwebs: Clean something in your house that needs it.

--Sunday Challenge: This is a make-up day for all your other challenge days. If you missed a challenge, do it on Sunday. If not, just plan for the next week and take it easy.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:12 pm
+ -- Adding Balance Ball Fitness tape to my workouts on Saturdays.
- -- I'm going to limit myself to 15g of sugar a day. (Tyra Bank's Show idea.)
+ -- Adding Kashi snacks.
+ -- Adding A.M. Yoga to my mornings before school.  

skankmuffin

Hilarious Prophet

4,350 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Gaian 50

Kasumi Kama

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:15 pm

Hey girl, I'm sorry to discourage you right away, but I really don't think 20lbs per month is healthy or even possible. Maybe if you only ate like 200 calories per day for the first month, it would POSSIBLY happen.. but that is extremely unhealthy, and you would almost 100% gain it back in the long run.

I really think that you'd be much better with a goal of 10 lbs per month, because 10lbs per month is hard to do, yet it's not something small like 5 or 8. If you eat about 1200-1500 cals per day, you should definitely be able to do 10 lbs per month. Especially if you add in a bit of exercise, it will seem to just melt off. Then you won't have to get disappointed if you find you cannot reach a goal of 20lbs per month. If you go with the rewards route, you'll even get to reward yourself more often if you have a smaller goal ^_^

Good choice on the AM yoga, though! Yoga really does wonders. Do stretches that work your waist muscles regularly and you will definitely see improvement in about a month. Your waist might even get sore, which is funny to say.. but it's possible! xD

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:46 pm
Oh yeah, I know its not possible and I think I said something about that.
It's just what I would like to be at that time and I'm going to try to get as close to that as possible.
It doesn't discourage me if I don't hit it, but is more like a "Oh, well I still lost -- pounds! That's not bad."

UPDATE - March 16, 2009

Weight: 245

Lost 5 lbs.
This actually kind of made me a bit sad, until I measured myself and realized that I lost half an inch off my waist. The muscle is starting to arrive! biggrin  

skankmuffin

Hilarious Prophet

4,350 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Gaian 50

skankmuffin

Hilarious Prophet

4,350 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:48 am
SPRING BREAK!

Due to the fact that it is Spring Break for me and I do not have access to a scale, I am going to pospone my update.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:24 pm
Alright!

Even without a scale, I know I have gained weight!
I am excited to get back into school so that I'll have access to gym equipment.
I am going to a fashion fitting tomorrow, but after that I am going to do some Hiphop Abs!
Tuesday I am going to run for gym class and Thursday I am going to do either kickboxing or DDR!
Friday I'll see if I can stay after school and do some free weights.
Prom is also in one month, but I found the perfect dress that looks good on me at the size I am now so I'm really excited about that!

I WILL THINK POSITIVE! =D  

skankmuffin

Hilarious Prophet

4,350 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Gaian 50

Lady Schist

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:46 am
YAY! Keep thinking positive.

It's really good that you found a grad dress that suits you where you are. I had a friend that bought her grad dress a size smaller and never brought it back because she wanted to lose weight in the month before prom. Well. She lost some weight but she was very uncomfortable all through the night, and never rode the mechanical bull.

: D  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:43 am
Keep going at it! You have all the right ideas just don't stop trying. I know it gets kinda bumish to gain the weight you lost back but you will get where you want to be. One of my issues is that I'm scared of cario exercise, but DDR is a good way to go.  

Bright October Skies

6,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250

skankmuffin

Hilarious Prophet

4,350 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:26 am
UPDATE- April 30, 2009

Weight: 246

I am definately no where near where I want to be. I haven't been working out and I've gone back to eatting 1000 calories. I don't have the option of using the school gym anymore and I'm not going to graduation.

I am [on a positive note] ready to kick myself in the behind and get back on track again. I really need to get videos for at home that will keep me interested and I think the DVDs that you can modify will help with that.
I am also going to try to drink more water again, eat breakfast, and cut carbs to a minimum. More veggies and protien.  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 12:29 am
It's good that you're back, and though it's good that you're back I think you need more than 1000 calories. That's not something that's going to fulfill you and keep you going and keep you losing weight. 1500 calories is almost too little.

Either way, welcome back!  

Tandahda
Crew

skankmuffin

Hilarious Prophet

4,350 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:49 pm
Yeah, I know.
When I'm really happy and positive though, I can't eat that much food.
I get full really fast. I'm hoping working out will help me eat more.

I HAVE A WORKOUT BUDDY!

This is exactly what I've needed!
I've already woken up with boosts of energy and positivity just from having her!
My father also bought me the earrings and necklace on my Reward list and he says that when I get to 170, he'll give them to me.
I'm also doing what I've seen other people do and going out to buy a swimsuit as modivation.
Its going to sit where I can always see it so when I'm bored, instead of watching TV, I'll see it and remember that I could always do another tape or a bike ride.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:46 pm
UPDATE- June 3, 2009

Weight: 250 lbs

Today I did 38 minutes of Hip Hob Abs: Hips, Buns and Thighs.
Its been a while and it kicked my butt!
I also did some generic warm ups/cool downs and some stretches from Biggest Loser Weightloss Yoga DVD.

I drank water and ate tuna today, which were two things I was told I should try to get more of.  

skankmuffin

Hilarious Prophet

4,350 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Gaian 50

skankmuffin

Hilarious Prophet

4,350 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:39 pm
UPDATE- June 4&5, 2009

Yesterday, I took a 40 minute walk with two bags full of books!
It was really tiring but it made me feel great when I got home. =D

Today, all I did was bowl one game.
I also switched over to egg-white omlets again, instead of normal ones.
They are a lot less rich now and I actually prefer them. Yay!  
Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff