Submit

Child_of_blade15

Distinct Regular

6,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:41 am
Has any one here read that book, I thought it was one of the best!
I havent read the seccond series yet but i've been told its just like the first!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:24 pm
Yes i also love the series.
The characters are simply fantastic and the world has been so well sculpted it just brought the whole thing to life.
The mallorean was actually just like the first one...i really didn't like that. it was good but there wasn't much of a change and it was almost like reading the belgarion again.  

heathen_scum

Cassandra_the_Prophetess

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:55 am
David Eddings (note the D there!) is one of my favourite authors. I totally agree that the Mallorian and Belgariad were similar, that annoyed me greatly, i think most of his books follow the same basic formula. My favourite would have to be The Redemption of Althalus, I've also read the Elenium, the Tamuli, Polgara the Sorceress, Belgarath the Sorcerer, Regina's Song, and The Elder Gods (didn't much enjoy that last one!).  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:32 am
Eddings.

The Belgariad/Mallorean books were my first fantasy series. It's all their fault that I'm addicted now. biggrin

I actually liked Redemption more, though.  

Ayamechan

jaythenerdkid

5,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 5:46 pm
::First Post Here::

Well, I'm glad to find other David Eddings fans around here - it's a nice introduction for me. I've read Belgarath the Sorcerer and Polgara the Sorceress, absolutely loved The Rivan Codex (because I'm a history geek so I found it fascinating) and laughed a lot during the Tamuli. I haven't read any others...well, except for The Treasured One. I'm very lax when it comes to reading a series in order, so I haven't read the first of The Dreamers yet.

I really, really, really need to read The Belgariad/Malloreon, and the Elenium looks interesting as well (if it's half as good as the Tamuli, it'll be great!), but I have to either buy the books or convince our library to get them in, because I haven't been able to find them...yet.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:06 am
Mmm, I LOVED that series. I'd probably say that I like the Mallorean better, though ninja Silk is, of course, my favourite character, but I like some of the others too. I don't like Polgara much, although I know lots of people disagree with me - she comes across as a stuck-up b***h to me (and yes, I have read Polgara the Sorceress... and liked it but I still don't like her sweatdrop ). The best book in the whole story arc is Belgarath the Sorcerer. It was SO awesome - funny, amusing, sad and most of all, interesting! I loved it! heart

I never got hooked much on the Elenium or the Tamuli, but oh well. I haven't read the Rivan Codex yet, because I was waiting for the price to come down from hard back and then I forgot sweatdrop And Redemption of Althalaus was really good too - I'm actually re-reading it right now ninja  

LamingtonQueen

jaythenerdkid

5,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:01 am
I got The Rivan Codex from the library. Absolutely free unless I get it back overdue. ^.^

I loved Polgara, but then again she is exactly my type of character - probably the type of person I'd like a lot in real life, too.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:38 pm
I loved the Malloreon, and the Tamuli as well. I think it's because you already know most of the characters from the first series (Belgariad or Elenium depending on which you're talking about) and so there's a lot more space for development, plot and character-wise. I also really enjoyed The Redemption of Althalus; it takes a lot of skill to be able to put a whole epic fantasy into one book!  

Abasdarhon

Sileny

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:21 pm
I bought ALL of the Belgariad and Malloreon books on a whim at a used books store, loved them, and am now addicted to them. I love the companion volumes, too.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:18 pm
I've been wanted to read some of David Eddings's books but I'm not sure where to start.  

Hiitachin Kaoru

Sileny

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:28 pm
With his books, you can really just pick a series. The Belgariad and the Elenium are beginning series.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:58 am
I love that guy. I haven't read the "Malloreon" yet, but "The Belgariad" was absolutely fantastic! I also love the "Redemption of Althalus" - absolutely awesome!  

Rylash

Kissandhuggygirl

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:55 pm
I am reading the Mallorean right now actually I am in the middle of Gardians of the West i just finished the last book of the Belgariad I love the series and cant wait to read more. Errand is my favorite he is just such an intreging(sp?) little boy that you cant help but love him. Also I Love Ce' Nedra she is awsome a very good example of a kick-a** woman I love books with kick-a** women polgara is pretty cool too. blaugh  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:48 am
Ontrose all the way, people. ^.^

Though Polgara was seriously awesome as well. Probably my favourite character (I haven't read the Belgariad or the Malloreon, Just Belgarath the Sorcerer and Polgara the Sorceress).

My school's library has gotten in the first few books of the Belgariad! I'm going to read them the moment they've been catalogued.

jaythenerdkid

5,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Sileny

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:37 pm
[Shadow.Elven-mage]
Ontrose all the way, people. ^.^

Though Polgara was seriously awesome as well. Probably my favourite character (I haven't read the Belgariad or the Malloreon, Just Belgarath the Sorcerer and Polgara the Sorceress).

My school's library has gotten in the first few books of the Belgariad! I'm going to read them the moment they've been catalogued.

At least your school library gets good books. Mine will get like the first in a series, and that's it. If you find a book there you like, and it's in a series, you're going to have to find the rest yourself.  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff