Zoray
Vice Captain

Vicious Hoarder

14,400 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:38 pm
In this thread you can post short stories, aka, one shots, or one parters!
Sometimes I come up with an idea, but I don't post it, cause its just a short bit, maybe now I will! Maybe now you will! Maybe it'll become longer and you'll end up starting it in the campfire as a whole story! >=3
Here's the link to the thread where you can comment on the stories!
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=14806251
>=3  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:14 pm
(Yay for nonsensicalness!)

It's funny how you can find yourself in a world full of people, surrounded by masses of crowds or simply sitting next to a homeless guy on a park bench, and feel completely alone. Like everyone's faces seemed a white sheet of paper with illegible words printed on it's every possible space.
But I didn't even attempt to translate them. What was the point? Spending all that time trying to figure a single person out, and what do you get in return? Friendship? In all my seventeen years not once have I found it useful. Once you get to know a person they drift away from you. It's not their fault. It just...Happens. They come and go like the wind. And I know that you can't grasp the wind, you can try but it always slips through your fingers.

Time seemed to evade me as I stood in line at the small convenience store, contemplating my philosophies every so often to pass the time. I felt a hard tap on my shoulder and looked over. The man's eyebrows looked like they were about to combine into a single, angry unibrow. "Move up." He said between his teeth.
I looked in front of me and saw it was my turn in line. I rolled my eyes and heard the word "jerk" echo in my head, then walked slowly, almost mockingly for the guy behind me, up to the front desk. The lady always smiled at me, even though I always had to read her name tag to remember her name. "Hey Jack, what do we have today?"
"Hi, uh-" I stole a quick glance at the little white tag pinned to her shirt. "-Helen. Not much. Just school supplies, crap like that." She gave me another smile, those rarely seen genuine smiles, as she bagged the pen, notebook and pack of gum. Even though her face was a sheet of paper as well, I always imagined the text would be in the shape of a smiley face. I handed Helen the cash, never bothering to take the change when she handed it to me. For a moment, the urge to shoulder that angry guy behind me suggested itself when he hurriedly pushed by to the front desk. Gritting my teeth I trudged edgily to the door.
Wham!
A sharp shoulder hit mine and flew past me. A small string of curses echoed in the small store. For some reason, all of a sudden everything was dead silent. First there was a click. The small, yet familiar sound sent waves of shock into my body. Somehow I managed to turn around, only to find the barrel of a handgun staring in between my eyes. "Freeze." I heard the man holding my life in his hands whisper gruffly.
"All of you, get down!" At his command the whole store was down on their knees and stomachs. An arm wrapped tightly around my neck in a choke hold, then barrel was now at the side of the head. My mind was blank, and pure animal instinct was the only thing I could feel. Sit. Stay. Don't get shot, don't get shot.
In all this terror, when I opened my eyes I could see every face in the store fixed on me. There was no ridiculous piece of paper shielding their visages. Their eyes were intense with emotions, ranging from fear, concern and anger. They seemed to care whether I lived or died, me, a total stranger. I couldn't take it. The guilt of their worry drilled into my brain and woke it up. The next thing I knew I was on top of the guy, punching his scummy face in. They all ask me how that happened, I'm not even sure. It was like I had blanked out or something. The guy was unconscious when I finally jumped off him. Helen came rushing to my side from the front desk, her face wet with tears. "Jack! Jack, are you alright?"
I wobbled a bit, then grinned. "Yeah Helen, I'm fine."

SnowDrifted

Crew

Dangerous Sex Symbol

Jason Sangoku the Hero
Crew

Enduring Raider

7,850 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:06 am
(A cookie to anyone who can guess this is my spin on!)

A long time ago, there were 3 catfolk; two girls and one boy. They were siblings. Every day, they would cross a bridge to get across the river to their hunting grounds. I wouldn't exactly call it a river, it was more like a long, skinny lake.

Anyway, back to the story.

One day, a large and fairly large, ugly, and menacing-looking lizardman was sitting right in front of the bridge, blocking the siblings' route to their hunting grounds. They could just swing across, but they were cats, not about to get wet. Of course, rather than resorting to violence, like what would be expected of them, they figured to try to... Negociate their way across.... One at a time.

First went the older sister. She was tall, slender, and covered in silver fur, with gleaming golden eyes. She was also carrying a bow and quiver full of arrows. As she approached the bridge, the lizardman sprang to his feet, battle axe drawn. "None shall cross this bridge which I have claimed as mine!" He hissed. The older sister looked down at the lizardman (as she was a little taller than him) and took a step back, pulling an arrow out of the quiver. "You can choose to let me pass..." She said, drawing her bow and aiming at the lizardman. "Or I can shoot you in between the eyes."

The lizardman thought for a moment. He wasn't very smart, but he wasn't that stupid either. He set his axe down and stepped to the side. The older sister walked across the bridge, keeping the arrow pointed at the lizardman until she was on the other side.

Next was the brother's turn. He was big, burly, and covered in coarse, black and white fur that was patterned so it looked like he had a mask on. As he approached the bridge, the lizardman blocked his path. "You cannot cross this bridge while I draw breath." He hissed.

The brother took a step closer, looked him right in the eye, and unsheathed his claws, waving them in front of his face to make sure the lizardman saw them. The lizardman, seeing how long and shard the claws were, as well as the amount of muscle on the brother, held his breath and stepped to the side to let him pass.

Finally, it was the younger sister's turn. She was tiny. Short, skinny, and with soft black and grey blotched fur patterned like her brother's. As she approached the bridge, the lizardman stepped in front of her. "You shall not pass." He hissed, holding his battle axe up over his head in preparation to strike.

The little catgirl, not even coming up to the lizardman's waist, looked him over for a moment, turned around, and walked away, coming back moments later with a huge boulder that seemed far too heavy for her to pick up. Without a word, she slammed it down on the lizardman, killing him and imbedding him into the ground, burrying the boulder at the same time. Afterwards, she once again turned around and walked away, this time coming back with a sign, on which was writted:

Quote:
Underneath this boulder is the splattered remains of the last guy that tried to block our bridge.

Needless to say, since that day, nobody has ever tried to block the bridge again.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:23 pm
Guild is quite dead. Thought I might post up this. Used it for a contest at the library. .__." Won nothing from it. But here ya go.

The wind whistled and howled, rushing through the small cave that was being used as a shelter. Yume stood there and watched as leaves fluttered down when the gusts slowed. Pulling the cloak closer to himself, he leaned against the cold stone wall. A small cat-like creature rubbed itself against his legs. He gave it a quick glance and then picked it up, causing it to chirp happily.

This little creature was the only companion he had. Yume didn’t have the slightest clue what it was. It had just wandered up to him one day, looking rather sickly and starved. Feeling bad for the creature, he had decided to take care of it. From then on it never left his side. It was nice to have someone to travel with, even if you couldn’t exactly communicate with it.

Rain started to pound down onto the earth, drenching everything within its reach. Yume moved to the back of his little refuge. He didn’t live anywhere, instead preferring to just go about freely as he pleased. Sometimes he had stopped to ponder about possibly just living in some small, peaceful little village, but then he would remember what the purpose of all this was. Few people had ever heard what his motives were for going on this journey. When people asked him where he was from, he would just tell them he was merely a traveler. They would usually try to pry more information out of him. His tactic of giving succinct, vague answers to their inquiries typically was enough to ward them off. However, there were always the stubborn few that insisted on pestering him, which he escaped by making up some excuse.

Yume woke up the next morning extremely stiff, achy, and hungry. He had fallen asleep on the hard stone floor and hadn’t had much more than some bread since the morning before. This was actually how his mornings usually went, or something similar, but he could never seem to grow accustomed to it.

He sighed and stood up. It was time to move on to the next town they would pass on their way. The creature hopped onto a rock and then onto Yume’s shoulder, it’s favorite spot to be whenever they started to continue on. Its fluffy tail swished excitedly. It knew there were going to be mud puddles to play in.

And so they trekked through the forest. Occasionally the creature would see a particularly good puddle to play in and have to stop to roll around, splash, and generally make a muddy mess. As you would probably guess, Yume didn’t allow it back on his shoulder after it had gotten itself so dirty and wet. It was peaceful as it customarily was. They hardly saw anyone else going down the dirt road other than the occasional animal. Light filtered through gaps in the large, moss covered trees. It was nothing particularly special to Yume, after all, he saw it nearly every day, but to one who didn’t go out into the woods often, it would have been quite a relaxing and amazing sight. The large, green leaves rustled in the slight breeze, unlike the night before where the wind was blowing so hard that they scattered from their homes and fell to the ground.

They had been walking for a good few hours when they came to a small town. The buildings, which were arranged in rather crooked rows, were very old. Shops and houses were mixed together and looked very similar. If it weren’t for the signs, Yume probably wouldn’t have been able to figure out which was a business and which was someone’s home. Some of the buildings where both; a shop on the first floor and a home on the next.

After getting a room at the inn, Yume plopped his large backpack onto the bed. It was full of mostly maps. He had been to many countries during his journeys and always kept the map he obtained at each one. He located the one for the country he was currently in quite easily, as it was the one that was the least beat up and tattered. Spreading it out on the floor, Yume wondered where he should go next. There was a larger city to the North, while there was a string of smaller towns to the west. Not only did he take into consideration which was closest, but also which would be more likely to have information on what he was looking for.

Both of the nearest towns on the map weren’t very near at all, or at least they weren’t when one was traveling by foot. Yume groaned, getting frustrated. Why am I doing this? He thought. He stared at the ceiling before muttering, “So I can finally find what I’m looking for.” Of course, Yume understood very well that even if he continued looking for this thing his whole life there was a chance that he would never find it.

Taking a break from this, Yume decided to go down and get something to eat. He wasn’t able to get much, but it was better than nothing. The only way he was ever able to get money was to do odd jobs around the towns that he stopped at.

A young boy, probably the son of the owners of the inn, walked over to Yume. “I haven’t seen you before,” he said, his voice tainted with curiosity. “Where are you from?”

This question was expected. The only places he really didn’t hear this question were large cities, where they expected to see people they didn’t recognize. “I’m a traveler,” he responded quietly.

“Why did you become a traveler?” the kid inquired. Children always asked too many questions.

Yume gave his typical answer to this type of question. “I’m looking for something.” He was used to answering questions in a way that lacked details that he remembered too late that children tended to ask more questions when they didn’t get the answer they wanted.

“Well…,” the boy started, staring straight at Yume. “What are you looking for?”

Yume stared back. He thought about it for a minute before looking out of the nearby window and told the boy, “Something... Nothing… Everything.”  

Anime Geek7
Crew

Rainbow Conventioneer

14,875 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
The tent(main stories)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers