Submit

Rsnbl Faith

Hilarious Defender

6,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:13 am
=/ it saddens me to see some ppl still throwing around homosexuality is right, even though the bible says its wrong, AND the fact that if u even look at the differences between male and female u would see that we were literally made to be with the opposite sex, not the same sex, 2women can't have children, neither could 2 men have children, the fact is the only way you can have children is if u get 1male and 1female, this shows that God didnt want same sex's to be together sexually or romanticly to begin with.

As i read one person(name escapes me) sodom and gamora were destroyed for homosexual acts, i shall also name off some verses to which i found that describes homosexuality as a sin.

Lev 18:22 "thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination

Lev 20:13 "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

1st Cor. 6:9-10 "9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inerit the kingdom of God.

Now if u wish me to i will go into science to prove that you cant be born a Homosexual, rather it is a learned trait while you grow older, through many psycological problems, and it can be fixed.

Im not saying this to be cruel, rather im saying this to show that you are indeed lost that u might be able to find the way, for how can u go the right way, if you are going the wrong way, yet believe the way you are going is correct?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:57 pm
You know for so long people against homosexuality only had body shape, and one verse in the Bible to use in their opinion. I'm glad you've found some more, it sort of strengthens the argument against it, instead of the two sides being sort of equal.

One argument I receive in return when the homosexuality topic comes up is "Well, aren't all sins forgiven because of Jesus Christ? If that's true, why does it matter who I love, since my actions are forgiven?" All I can really say is something about having to feel sorry for your actions, and mean it. That you have to actually try not to sin..but at that point they stop taking me seriously.

I do think it's wrong to act out against someone violently, like the people who are killed because of their feelings about the issue. People are still murdered over this, and buildings burnt down. That is wrong, it isn't our job to judge, or to take justice into our own hands except for the good of society. They aren't murdering anyone, stealing, or destroying property, the only victims here are themselves, and their relationship with God. People should try to save them, not murder them. I'm sure you feel the same way about the anti-violence thing, I'm not targeting anyone except the news headlines about someone killing that 15 year old boy last year, and other related actions.  

Jessy_4 26 2008

Rsnbl Faith

Hilarious Defender

6,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:04 pm
"The thing that you always have to remember is that Christ died to free you from sin, not too give you an excuse to stay in sin." thats what i would say, and what i said for awhile is exactly what u said.(and why sin to get rid of sin, does that not defeat itself?<-this is obvoisly talking about the murder and violence thing towards gays that i do find wrong, its not right at all.) Christ did not send us to kill steal and destroy rather to save lives, yet many church goers still poor hatred on their enemys, and sinners.(i cannot say who is or who is not saved, i can only say i dont believe them to be saved which i can say towards homosexuals practicing homosexuality)(and im aware i am ranting sry)

but there are more verses then that, theres a hole story about it being wrong(sadam and gamora)(sry if i spell something wrong) and i can go into both scientific reasoning and psycological reasoning if u wish(ive done my studies for Christs sake not my own)

P.S. and on a side note please pray for me this week to do well when i preach on youth night at my church next sunday night.

sry for ranting. And if any of you need help(with your homosexuality of course) i'll try hard to help you die to self for Christ, to help you deny yourself and take up the cross and follow him.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:27 pm
Thanks, now I won't sound like an idiot when I try to explain that you can't break a rule, say sorry, and continue to break it. I'm not sure who is saved, it isn't my place to judge. I'm just not sure if homosexuals are saved or not, so I'll go with not bringing up the topic unless it is brought to me. I accept anyone as a person, all I can do is pray that they are on the path that God wants them to be on.

This is a very interesting topic Kain..  

Jessy_4 26 2008

Rsnbl Faith

Hilarious Defender

6,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:38 pm
lol, ty, but you never sounded like an idiot, you just made them realize something they didnt want to realize causing them to view you like an idiot so they dont have to admit it. =P Don't worry to much about it.(and please no one get away from the main topic which is homosexuality)  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:36 am
There is nothing wrong with homosexuality.

This has been discussed in this guild before.  

zz1000zz
Crew

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:11 pm
At the risk of repeating myself, all I will say is that homosexuality is not a choice. Neither is heterosexuality, or sexuality at all. Hormones decide who you are attracted to, chemical reactions in the brain responding to the chemicals released by members of the opposite or same sex. Autopsies have also shown significant differences in the sizes of brains of homosexual men as compared with heterosexual men. There are also staggering amounts of evidence correlating fetal hormone exposure and sexuality later in life.

As for everything else, please refer to the archived threads on the topic.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:50 pm
thank you kain and jessy (did i spell them right?) u guys have helped me prove some very big points. My Bible has little articles in it along the way and one is particularly about homosexuality....
I am taking this straight from my Bible...
"Is it ok if someone's gay? Some people say that because God loves everyone, he doesn't care if someone is gal. The first part of that statement is true, but the second part is false. Yes, God does love everyone, even gay people. But (and thats a big but), God also cares if someone's gay. Check it out for yourself in Leviticus 18:22. Homosexuality is absolutly forbidden, for it is and enormous sin. This doesn't mean that God won't help or forgive a person who practices homosexuality, or that we shouldn't love that person. However, it does mean that if we agree with God, we will agree that it's not OK to live a gay lifestyle."
I got that straight from out of my Bible  

CuttleTheFish

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:50 am
weird12321

The annotation you provided from that Bible is wrong. You can find an explanation of this in the previous topics this guild has had, or if you would prefer I can explain it in this topic.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:09 pm
zz1000zz
weird12321

The annotation you provided from that Bible is wrong. You can find an explanation of this in the previous topics this guild has had, or if you would prefer I can explain it in this topic.

please, explain  

CuttleTheFish

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:54 pm
I will just repeat what I said in the topic I linked to previously:

zz1000zz
Leviticus 18 and 20 do not say homosexuality is a sin. The word "abomination" (translated from toevah/to'ebah) does not, as implied by the English translation, refer to anything inherently evil, but rather ritually unclean. A more accurate translation would simply be "taboo." These codes of cleanliness are no longer relevant. Beyond this, the homosexuality referenced in Leviticus is that of temple prostitution, a common practice amongst the pagans around the Jews at the time.

A number of other passages are discussed in that topic as well.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:31 pm
zz1000zz

zz1000zz
Leviticus 18 and 20 do not say homosexuality is a sin. The word "abomination" (translated from toevah/to'ebah) does not, as implied by the English translation, refer to anything inherently evil, but rather ritually unclean. A more accurate translation would simply be "taboo." These codes of cleanliness are no longer relevant. Beyond this, the homosexuality referenced in Leviticus is that of temple prostitution, a common practice amongst the pagans around the Jews at the time.

Why do you think God created Eve? Do you think that God ever wanted man to love a man the way a man should love a woman or vice-versa? How do you think he feels about all of this homo crap?  

CuttleTheFish

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:05 pm
weird12321
zz1000zz

zz1000zz

Why do you think God created Eve? Do you think that God ever wanted man to love a man the way a man should love a woman or vice-versa?

I would imagine God created Eve so procreation was possible. If God did not intend for people of the same gender to love each other in a romantic way, I would expect him to have said so.

weird12321
How do you think he feels about all of this homo crap?

It seems quite likely he approves of homosexuality far more than comments like this. This comment was rude, bigoted and used inappropriate language.

I warn you this behavior will not be tolerated.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:16 pm
All right. So it seems that many people have found verses that they have interpreted as stating homosexuality to be a sin, just like any other.

I'm curious- do anyone have verses suggesting that homosexuality is just? :0

Helena Bertinelli

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:06 pm
Helena Bertinelli
All right. So it seems that many people have found verses that they have interpreted as stating homosexuality to be a sin, just like any other.

I'm curious- do anyone have verses suggesting that homosexuality is just? :0

I do not know why anyone would look for verses supporting homosexuality when the issue is verses supposedly condemning it. Figuring out whether those verses actually condemn homosexuality (and they do not) is the only thing which seemed meaningful to me.

That said, I do not know of any passages which would show approval for homosexuality.  
Bible Discussion {Get in the Word}

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff