Submit

Boycott Valentine's day?
  Yes
  No
  Not Sure
View Results

trampyre

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:41 am
This question came up in my mind recently. Every year it comes up in my mind, actually. (Sorry if this toipic has been posted before, but my mouse is working like crap today, and I can't look back through previous pages of posts to find it and re-bump it.)

What do you think about Valentine's day? Do you 'boycott' it due to it's smarmy hallmarkness? Or like These Somewhat Disturbing Yet Enterprising Young Men, see it as an 'opportunity' ? Do you try to see it as a reason to celebrate love in general, or something like that? Do you buy your man flowers, girls? Are you untraditional? Are you traditional? Do you think it's any different than those other pumped up dates in the year? (And what do you think of that link, by the way?)

I myself am the romantic type, almost traditional, but I don't expect my bf to go out and spend money. It doesn't have to be a big deal, just a nice small celebration of love. No diamonds or heart shaped boxes of chocolates necessary.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:16 pm
I hate holidays created for or corrupted into being about human greed.  

vincejustvince

Simim

5,750 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:30 pm
I think that link is excellent. I don't expect fancy diamonds from my boyfriend. We've been together 4 years. too. Hell, if he got me flowers I'd be happy as hell.

We basically use Valentine's Day as an excuse to shag the hell out of each other, which we do any other day anyway. XDD

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:35 pm
I hate Valentine's Day... I hate it more than... um... anything else I hate. xd  

Twisted Maggot

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:59 pm
I don't get all the hate for Valentine's Day.

Who cares why the holiday came to be? One way or another, it's just a day that people use as an excuse to be KIND to eachother. It may be a big corporate gambit to make us all spend money, but the only thing wrong with that equation is a small number of people who are profiting from it. For the rest of the US, it's a day where people openly express and accept love without feeling as though it's inappropriate.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:59 pm
Well, I have mixed feelings about this very occasion this year.
Last year was my first valentines with a boyfriend, I'm trying so hard to break up, but I can't do it (complicated issue). But generally I don't like Valentine's day with all the flowers, red hearts and weird presents.  

Gothic Muffin of Doom

Dangerous Vampire

10,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Beta Citizen 0

Awesome Akwardness

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:16 pm
It's not really a big thing for me either way. I don't dislike it, but there's no particular reason for me to celebrate it.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:56 pm
i hate valentines day. it just a way for others to buy usless crap that we dont need. and i just dont like it, besides the candy my friends give meh.
=D  

Coloured_Skulls_on_Sleves

NewAgeAntique

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:30 pm
I had a really odd dream about valentine's day once...
It involved getting a secret admirer's note which contianed a grammatical error, and spending the whole day trying to figure out who this person was so I could correct their grammer.

That's about all I've ever thought about the holiday before.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:49 pm
Its valentines day soon? damn, I forgot to get girlfriend again.  

Digital Malevolence

Greedy Bloodsucker

Bloody Loon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:22 pm
Call it by it's proper name please.

Happy ******** Single Awareness Day.

Please fall over into a ditch filled with spikes and menacing snapping turtles if you have a partner on this day. Signed: Everyone who can't find a relationship to save their mother's ovaries...

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:53 pm
Digital Malevolence
Yah I know.

I've been forgetting for years.  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Digital Malevolence

Greedy Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:00 am
XWraith_LordX
Digital Malevolence
Yah I know.

Now that I think of it, I've never had a girlfriend around Valentines...well, I guess technically I still have two girl friends since there was never any real break up...

Anyways, I have hard time finding girls I like, usually once a girl opens her mouth I stop liking her. I hate dumb people, thats my problem, why does the female race have to act like they have an I.Q. of 25? Intelligence is sexy, damnit, well so isn't a pretty face and nice rack, too bad those rarely go together.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:06 am
Digital Malevolence
XWraith_LordX
Digital Malevolence
Yah I know.

Now that I think of it, I've never had a girlfriend around Valentines...well, I guess technically I still have two girl friends since there was never any real break up...

Anyways, I have hard time finding girls I like, usually once a girl opens her mouth I stop liking her. I hate dumb people, thats my problem, why does the female race have to act like they have an I.Q. of 25? Intelligence is sexy, damnit, well so isn't a pretty face and nice rack, too bad those rarely go together.
My problem is that everyone sees me as "their friend" and everyone feels that taking things to another level would ruin that. The only group of people who display interest in me are teenage stalkers whos intelligence does not rival that of a table, older men, and strangers at airports, shops, and just about every place on the bloody planet but the ones that matter. stare

The female race? Don't you mean human race? confused
They're hard to find because they're all taken, that's the problem.  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Digital Malevolence

Greedy Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:11 am
XWraith_LordX
Digital Malevolence
XWraith_LordX
Digital Malevolence
Yah I know.

My problem is that everyone sees me as "their friend" and everyone feels that taking things to another level would ruin that. The only group of people who display interest in me are teenage stalkers whos intelligence does not rival that of a table, older men, and strangers at airports, shops, and just about every place on the bloody planet but the ones that matter. stare

The female race? Don't you mean human race? confused
They're hard to find because they're all taken, that's the problem.
Good point, human race. And you are right, the few people I'm attracted to are all taken, damn them!

I would prefer to spend val. day alone anyways, as I like to do with my birthday. Its a me day, I like my me days.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff