Reply Thread Archive {Hot topics}
Clothing Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Autie Lady

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:26 pm
Does anybody else find it hard to find appropiate clothing? (especially ladies) I refuse to wear anything snug or low cut and never show my midriff. Even the Christian store Not Of This World (www.c28.com) has this problem. I tried on some of their clothing in my size...expensive and the girl's clothing is not really modest fitting, IMHO. I buy most of my clothes at Target or yard sales because it's just so hard to find clothing I can afford that I feel is "appropiate".  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:29 pm
I don't have issues with Clothing. It seems like a small thing compared to everything else.
But I usually shop for clothing in my size, and I tight clothing so I usually just layer or something along that lines.  

Edith Puthie

Lunatic

LadyAbiel

6,850 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:22 pm
I don't really have problems with clothing.. I guess it depends on who you are.. what you think is appropriate or not. When I shop I make sure that what i'm buying doesn't show what I don't want to show.. If the neck is to deep, I put something under that has a higher neck. If my pants are too low, I'll make sure to have a long shirt to hide it.. .  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:53 pm
The too tight thing is a difficult one, now a days, but there is a store I've found that does a good job with this. It's called 'NorthWestern: Book and Bible' It has a nice variety of shirts in varying sizes that is all Christian. Plus, all the time's I've been there, I've found something new.

DvnT

LadyAbiel

6,850 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:24 pm
Oh interesting.. do they have an online website? ^^  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:40 pm
I have never understood the problems people have with clothing. There is nothing wrong with the human body, and there is no reason to hide it. Showing one's stomach is not some horrendous offense. Having clothing that is tight is not evil.

You can wear any clothing, or even no clothing, without it being "bad." The only time clothing can be wrong is if the reason for that clothing is wrong.  

zz1000zz
Crew

Autie Lady

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:20 pm
I think lust is sinful and that wearing tight/showing clothing on a lady can encourage it in men. If people are too busy pay attention to my tah-tahs, they aren't listening to what is coming out of my mouth.

But I don't put down other people's clothing choices; this is just my choice.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:18 pm
zz1000zz
I have never understood the problems people have with clothing. There is nothing wrong with the human body, and there is no reason to hide it. Showing one's stomach is not some horrendous offense. Having clothing that is tight is not evil.

You can wear any clothing, or even no clothing, without it being "bad." The only time clothing can be wrong is if the reason for that clothing is wrong.

My mom (yes.. my mom again =P) read a book called "La Sainte Matérnité de Marie Marthe Mariamante" (basically a (french) book about an (anonymous) woman.. God didn't want her to give out her real name, so he gave her the name Marie MartheMariamante). It was talking about how Holy Mary and Jesus appeared to her and were telling her many things about life, abortion, etc and one of those things were that God doesn't like it when we show our stomach because it is linked to lust (like Auntie Lady said)...  

LadyAbiel

6,850 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Clambake 200

Priestley

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:20 pm
I too am baffled by it.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:10 pm
LadyAbiel
zz1000zz

My mom (yes.. my mom again =P) read a book called "La Sainte Matérnité de Marie Marthe" (basically a (french) book about an (anonymous) woman.. God didn't want her to give out her real name, so he gave her the name Marie Marthe). It was talking about how Holy Mary and Jesus appeared to her and were telling her many things about life, abortion, etc and one of those things were that God doesn't like it when we show our stomach because it is linked to lust (like Auntie Lady said)...

You described this book as a book from an anonymous source claiming to have a message from God. I cannot think of any reason I would consider this source reliable or trustworthy.  

zz1000zz
Crew

Autie Lady

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:42 pm
Jesus said in Matt. 5:27-28 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart."

So I do not believe in encouraging lust, therefore causing a person to sin in their heart.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:52 pm
Autie Lady
Jesus said in Matt. 5:27-28 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart."

So I do not believe in encouraging lust, therefore causing a person to sin in their heart.

Clothing does not encourage lust. In societies where women covered their entire body, men would "be aroused" by the sight of an ankle displayed by the clothing slipping.

There is no indication lust has anything to do with clothing or lack thereof.  

zz1000zz
Crew

Autie Lady

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:55 pm
zz1000zz
Autie Lady

Clothing does not encourage lust. In societies where women covered their entire body, men would "be aroused" by the sight of an ankle displayed by the clothing slipping.

There is no indication lust has anything to do with clothing or lack thereof.

I am sorry, but I disagree.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:22 pm
I will be the first to admit I am not the most modest dressed. Not saying I run around in a tube top and mini skirt- because I defiently don't. But I own my fair share of V-neck shirts and tank tops- though a lot of that get's layered half the time. Most of my dresses and skirts are at least knee length though, and I prefer form fitting clothing (but not super tight).

That being said, I don't feel like a woman needs to be covered head to toe, in loose baggy clothing. I don't feel like it will lead a man to sin. And really, unless your dressed like a stripper for the intent of making men see you in a sexual way, there's not a whole lot that can be done about them checking you out. Some men are just going to be arouned even if you're wearing a potato sack, and you can't take that responsibility all on yourself.

On the flip side though, you do need to respect your body. I think that's also important.

freelance lover
Crew

LadyAbiel

6,850 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:23 pm
zz1000zz
LadyAbiel
zz1000zz

My mom (yes.. my mom again =P) read a book called "La Sainte Matérnité de Marie Marthe" (basically a (french) book about an (anonymous) woman.. God didn't want her to give out her real name, so he gave her the name Marie Marthe). It was talking about how Holy Mary and Jesus appeared to her and were telling her many things about life, abortion, etc and one of those things were that God doesn't like it when we show our stomach because it is linked to lust (like Auntie Lady said)...

You described this book as a book from an anonymous source claiming to have a message from God. I cannot think of any reason I would consider this source reliable or trustworthy.

=_= Google her name then and read her story ¬¬  
Thread Archive {Hot topics}

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces