JKR is Getting Obvious: Regulus is R.A.B. Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ode[2]sokka
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:13 pm
Everyone needs a place to debate this...or maybe it's just me. Either way, here is the thread. Also, no, my Regulus thread is not the same thing. Until it is proven one way or the other they must be two different individuals.

My Regulus is R.A.B. Essay

I also have an additional arguement to what I have in my essay that I came up with about an hour ago.

Quote:
"You know what, I've just thought of something," said Ron in a hushed voice. "Sirius's brother was a Death Eater, wasn't he? Maybe he told Sirius the secret of how to get the weapon!"

~OotP, US Paperback Edition, page 733.

This is so typical of JKR for foreshadowing things. She uses Trewlany for this constantly, such as when she tells Lavander that she will suffer at the hands of red-headed man (quote pending). The character is right, but not in the way they think.

By this quote, Ron is implying that Regulus knew about the "weapon". By weapon he meant the Prophecy, though at the time he didn't know it. Now, R.A.B. obviously knew about the prophecy because:

Quote:
I face death in the hope that when you meet your match, you will be mortal once more.

~HBP, US First Edition, Page 609.

Not if, when. Meaning he knew that the prophecy existed. That Voldemort's match was coming.

Weapon can also apply to the Horcruxes, as they are a weapon of sorts. They protect The Dark Lord by making him immortal. It could then mean that Regulus did know about this "weapon" as well as the other "weapon", and because JKR has used this method of foreshadowing quite often it is easy to see that Regulus is R.A.B.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:09 pm
wow. very well thought out. RAB could be Regulus, we just have to wait THREE MORE YEARS until we find out! crying

By the way, do you know Regulus's middle name? I've been looking everywhere...  

pyrolila

ode[2]sokka
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:11 pm
Crud...I know what it was on the Harry Potter Lexicon before the took it down for Spoiler reasons ninja . Hang on, I'll go get it for you.

EDIT: Arcturus. That's it.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:20 pm
RegulusofSlytherin
Crud...I know what it was on the Harry Potter Lexicon before the took it down for Spoiler reasons ninja . Hang on, I'll go get it for you.

Okie. smile  

pyrolila

Aquafinn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:37 pm
RegulusofSlytherin

it think it was more like albatrix.. or maybe that was malfoys grandfather *goes to check*....yup its something along those lines malfoy mentions his great grandfather ssometheing and that would make him regulu's grandfather i think so he could be named after him... i just noticed something.. when narcissa had a kid (draco) her turned out well a so-so wizard, yet when her sister married a muggle she got the metamorfigi Tonks which is like super magical, so my guess would be that when they intermarry, instead of screwing up muggles brains, maybee it interfeers with a wizards magic...okay done with rant xd  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:24 am
I'm pretty such Regulus' middle name is indeed Arcturus because the Black family has a thing with stars and Arcturus is:

Quote:
Among the very brightest of stars, shining with a soft orange light, Arcturus lights northern spring skies. It is one of three luminaries that partition the northern sky into very rough thirds, the others being summer's Vega and winter's Capella. Of the three, Arcturus, the Alpha star of the constellation Bootes, the Herdsman, is slightly the brighter, making it the brightest star of the northern hemisphere and the fourth brightest star of the entire sky, following only Sirius, Canopus, and Alpha Centauri. Arcturus, the "Bear Watcher," follows Ursa Major, the Great Bear, around the pole, "arktos" being the Greek name for "bear," from which our word "arctic" is derived by reference with the constellation of the Greater Bear.

Ex-Professor Remus Lupin

ode[2]sokka
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:17 am
wow. Sweet research Remmie whee .  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:21 am
Rem is a research hack. If it can be looked up, no doubt he will look it up and share it wil everything.  

Percival Ignatius Weasley

Aquafinn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:59 pm
are you sure it was artucus or whatever ah well.... who really knows it coud be like alfred or something.... xp .... meep  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:01 pm
RegulusofSlytherin

It WAS? Why hasn't someone mentioned this in debate before. Everyone's always saying that we don't know Regulus's middle name, aren't they?

EDIT: By the way, Arcturus is also commonly associated with King Arthur. Not only does this fit with Regulus's first name (ruler, king), but also with Reggie's idea that Regulus is not dead. Arthur, the Once and Future King, will come back to Britain in its hour of greatest need.  

Joie D

ode[2]sokka
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:33 pm
It was only up for a few hours, and very late at night (my time anyway). I happened to be on and browing Mugglenet when the announcement came up that it was on. I went and checkied out the Lexicon, and it was something like Arcturus if that wasn't it exactly. Later, they took it down AND erased the entry from the Mugglenet news Archives.

It probably hasn't been used in a debate because it was taken down so fast and there is no evidence left of it.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:55 pm
From what I remember, in the sixth book, Lupin also said something about how you don't last long after you desert the Death Eaters, because you are supposed to be in it for life -

"...Well, frankly, I'm surprised he stayed for even a year after deserting the Death Eaters; Sirius' brother, Regulus, only managed a few days as far as I can remember." (page 106)

It's a good example of how Rowling slips in seemingly insignificant details that mean so much later on. xP It wasn't said before this quote that Regulus deserted, just that he was a Death Eater. So, it's more proof that Regulus is R.A.B, because it's proof that he deserted the Death Eaters.

Little Miss Jax

Ronald Bilius Weasley

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:11 pm
The RAB thing was taken down most likely because they only had a "very reliable source" saying that RAB is Regulus "Arcturus" Black. Because while Arcturus could very well be his middle name, and Regulus could very well be RAB, we don't know for certain yet, so a site like HP Lexicon should not post unfounded rumors.

And yes, RAB = Regulus is still a rumor until JKR confirms or denies it in Book 7, no matter what evidence there may be.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:29 pm
Isoude
I don't know if this would be considered a spoiler or not, so I'm putting it in white just in case. I found a quote that as good as proves RAB is Regulus.

From what I remember, in the sixth book, Lupin also said something about how you don't last long after you desert the Death Eaters, because you are supposed to be in it for life -

"...Well, frankly, I'm surprised he stayed for even a year after deserting the Death Eaters; Sirius' brother, Regulus, only managed a few days as far as I can remember." (page 106)

It's a good example of how Rowling slips in seemingly insignificant details that mean so much later on. xP It wasn't said before this quote that Regulus deserted, just that he was a Death Eater. So, it's more proof that Regulus is R.A.B, because it's proof that he deserted the Death Eaters.

Actually, yes it was mentioned he deserted. Sirius mentions it in book 5 when Regulus is first introduced.

As for unfounded rumors, I'm not sure it was unfounded. I just think that their very reliable source wanted to remain unnamed.

But yes, Regulus cannot be or not be R.A.B. until book 7. Which is why this is seperate from the actual Regulus thread.  

ode[2]sokka
Captain

Aci Dixinic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:10 pm
@Isoude - Don't worry about posting spoilers in white. If you're in the Guild you've read all the books.  
Debating

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff