Reply Videogame Related Talk [Talk about video games]
The List Episode #1 Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The_Original_Chaplin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:44 am
'Ello people! And welcome to the first episode of "The List" (name pending until I can think of something better). The show where we compose and countdown a list of everything Nintendo! We got a great show for ya today folks. I'm your host Koopa72 and today we are counting down a list of the "Top 20 Greatest Nintendo Villains of All Time". Before we get started let me just say that this list is not yet finalized if you have any problems with the list please voice your opinion, just don't be too harsh. sad
NOW LET'S GET STARTED!

#20 Mario
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
First Appearance: Donkey Kong
In 1982 Jump Man aka Mario played the baddie in "Donkey Kong Jr". Equip with a new bad attitude and awesome whip thingy, Mario sent wave after wave of his minions after you. It's so interesting and fun to see the moral and loveable Mario playing a villain, a total role reversal.

#19 Donkey Kong
First Appearance: Donkey Kong
This barrel-throwing monkey has been annoying gamers for decades. Fun Fact: the average game of Donkey Kong last less than 15 seconds. eek This is no doubt due to Kong's amazing barrel throwing abilities.

#18 Dog

First Appearance: Duck Hunt
If you doubt that Dog is a villain that you obviously never played Duck Hunt. This dog is the cruelest, evilest creature in videogame history. No matter how well you do you are never good enough to please this pooch. His annoying snicker is constantly playing is my head. Honestly who hasn't tried to shoot him?

#17 Pokey
NO, NO! NOT THAT POKEY! xd
That's much better!
First Appearance: Earthbound
Pokey, Ness's evil neighbor and most hated kid in all of Onett. He will pretend to be your friend then stab you in the back. His appetite for greed is unmatched. His rise to power is due to his ability to use and manipulate others.

#16 Skull Kid
First Appearance: Majora's Mask
Despite not actually being evil, Skull Kid still manages to find his way on the list. After acquiring the cursed mask of Majora this shy and gentle Kid is transformed into an evil madman. Using his incredible power he manages to pluck the moon out of it's gravitational orbit and send on a crash course to Hyrule.

Stay tune because "The List" will return after this commercial break. wink

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:31 am
OOH, this looks fun!  

Zapatorf
Crew

The_Original_Chaplin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:24 pm
And we are back!

#15 Master Hand
First Appearance: Super Smash Bros.
The god of the Smash Bros. universe. Master Hand is a strange boss. A powerful creature who constructed a planet and populated it with the likeness of Nintendo characters. He forces them to fight for his amusement. And every so often he joins the fight too.

#14 Giga Bowser
First Appearance: Super Smash Bros. Melee
The almighty creation of Master Hand. Giga Bowser is a brute. No game plan, no strategies, just pure strength, power and destruction. The already tough turtle is now supersized and he has no equal.

#13 Missingno.
First Appearance: Pokemon Red/Blue

MY POKEMON DATA WAS EARSED BECAUSE OF HER. MY SWEET LOVEABLE BUTTERFREE GONE FOREVER! THAT *****! scream scream scream

#12 Dark Matter
First Appearance: Kirby's Dreamland 2 (I think)
Not much to this baddie. He's the pure embodiment of evil with the power to corrupt the souls of others. He has no define shape and is actually more of a apparition than a living biological organism. Which is a good thing! It makes this villain even more interesting.

#11 Andross
First Appearance: Starfox
Andross is a .................. ummmm, now that I think of it I don't know what's the deal with Andross. I never really played the first Starfox game. sweatdrop Well ummmmmmm..... Andross is some kind of big space monkey or something. And he can do cool things like shoot lasers and eat things and junk like that. Yeah, that sounds about right. Maybe?

Well we are now at the half way point! Things are starting to get good. What will the next ten bring? Where will your favorite baddie rank? Stay tune and find out! mrgreen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:32 pm
This is AWESOME!
But,may I say,I do have a soft spot for Skull Kid,I mean,he's probably just Bipolar and maybe he thought it was best to send the moon crashing down on Termina,maybe he was just playing games with the moon and it got outta control...huh?HUH?!?  

Fairy Alchemist 96

The_Original_Chaplin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:22 pm
Back to the Countdown!

#10 Rival Trainer
User Image
The person everyone loves to hate. He was always one step ahead of you no matter how good you are. Though out the game you are constantly living in his shadow. He's an arrogant p***k who loves cutting you down. He desires to be the best like no one ever was and won't let anyone get in his way. I mean who's gonna stop him? YOU!?! eek Don't make me laugh! xd

#9 Motherbrain
First Appearance: Metroid
A giant brain in a tupperware container with laser turrets... that's AWESOME! The true MASTERMIND (see whut I did thar wink ) behind the Metroid heist. She's a ruthless killer who's insane in the memBRAIN! xd
I just want to take this time to apologize for my terrible puns. sweatdrop

#8 Vaati
First Appearance: Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
When his master, Ezlo, fashioned a powerful magical cap as a gift for the humans, one that could make one's wishes come true. Vaati stole the cap, transformed into a sorcerer and cursed his master into the shape of a living cap, so that he would not stop him. Then, taking human form, Vaati set out to find the means to allow him to become the greatest sorcerer the world had ever seen.

#7 Black Knight
The Black Knight is Daein's most powerful general. The Black Knight's identity is never spoken of, save for the fact that he was once a student of General Gawain and is now the most powerful of Daein's Four Riders. He wears a special suit of full-body black armor that has been blessed by the goddess, making it impenetrable to all weapons save those that have also been blessed, such as Ragnell. He also has access to numerous other arcane items as well, such as the Warp Powder he uses to travel.

#6 Ridley
First Appearance: Metroid
Ridley's a incredibly intelligent, high-ranking, Space Pirate dinosaur. (There is no part of that sentence that isn't AWESOME) Ridley directly led the Space Pirate attack on Samus's home colony of K-2L, which inevitably led to the deaths of all the colonists including Samus's mother and father. Fun Fact: Ridley is named after "Ripley" the protagonist in the 1979's horror classic Alien. Several refferances to the movie can be found in both Metroid and Super Metroid.

Only five to go! The List will continue after this word from our sponsor.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:27 pm
Fairy Alchemist 96
This is AWESOME!
But,may I say,I do have a soft spot for Skull Kid,I mean,he's probably just Bipolar and maybe he thought it was best to send the moon crashing down on Termina,maybe he was just playing games with the moon and it got outta control...huh?HUH?!?

Yeah I really did a poor job of writing the villain's discriptions. I did them in a hurry and could have done better if I took my time. Looking back at the list so far I really should have put Skull Kid closer to the top. I mean he's a lot cooler than Dark Matter.  

The_Original_Chaplin

Zapatorf
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:40 pm
I agree. And if Ganondorf, Crazy Hand, or Bowser are not on the list, I'll be very upset. I'm looking at you.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:34 pm
Vaati!!!!!! heart heart heart  

Lilmagical_star

The_Original_Chaplin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:31 pm

#5 Mewtwo
The most legendary of all the legendaries, Mewtwo makes his appearance at number 5. The best of the greatest batch of Pokemon. That's right I said it, the original 151 Pokemon were the best. But now I'm getting off topic. Mewtwo is the Super Clone of the Legendary Mew. Sure Legendaries may come and go but he'll always hold a special place in my heart. heart

#4 Mike Tyson
First Appearance: Mike Tyson's Punch Out
Now I know Mike Tyson isn't technically a Nintendo character. But, he did appear in the NES classic Punch Out which is a first party game. And that's good enough for me. Tyson's one tough dude, he will drop ya like a brick. It only takes 1 or 2 hits for him to knock you down. While Lil Mac on the other hand has to hit him about a billion times. The size different is really amazing! Mac needs to get on a 4 foot ladder just give him a right hook.
[insert your own ear biting or bankrupt joke here]

#3 Bowser
User Image
First Appearance: Super Mario Bros.
Probably the most iconic video game villain of all time. He is perfect! A huge fire-breathing dinosaur turtle! I couldn't have made up a better character if I tried! And despite his great qualities he is STILL manages to be greater than the sum of his parts. He's a powerful and frightening boss. And, a great comic relief character in the Mario RPGs. Is there anything he can't do? Whether he is kidnapping Peach or playing with his children the Koopalings he's always entertaining. Speaking of which how does he have children? They never showed his wife, maybe he reproduces asexually? confused And how is there only one Bowser? Wouldn't it make more sense it there was an entire race of them? Oh, well regardless Bowser is great! To think he goes to so much trouble just to spend time with Peach. He just wants her to love him! 4laugh Or maybe he's using here for ransom?

#2 Ganondorf
First Appearance: Legend of Zelda
The immortal Prince of Darkness comes in at number 2. The several thousand year old wizard is one of the strongest villains in video game history. A master of the Dark Arts and wielder of the Triforce of Power Ganondorf is a force to be reckon with. He has been stabbed with the Mastersword, shot with Light Arrows, turned to stone, banished to the Sacred Realm and yet he always manages to survive. He's more resilient than Rasputin not even the Ancient Sages could stop him. Will he ever die? I certainly hope not.

Warning: Many of you may disagree with my number 1 pick. I would like to apologize now. I'm sorry.

#1 Giygas
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image
First Appearance: Earthbound
Giygas is certainly the most powerful Nintendo character of all time. The Galactic Conquer is a gifted psychic alien and a master of PSI. In the process of becoming the most powerful being in the entire galaxy his mind and body were destroyed. He is no longer a biological being he is the embodiment of evil and power. Now he depends on the device know as "The Devil's Machine" to keep him sane and contain his godly power. He is now as Pokey described him "the almighty idiot". He has the power to bring inanimate objects to life, control anyone with the slightest bit of evil in their soul amongst others. According to the Earthbound community the sight of him causes some people to commit suicide. eek But, I don't know how true these claims are. His dialogue was inspired by a traumatic rape scene from a movie. Visually he appears to be a swirling skull which forms the outline of a fetus. It's impossible to protect yourself from his attacks as the game says "You cannot grasp the true form of Giygas's attack!". Oh and did I mention that he was the only video game boss that has actually cause a person to become institutionalized? eek Without a doubt he is the darkest and most memorable bosses ever. And for these reasons I declare Giygas "The Greatest Nintendo Villain of All Time".

Well that brings the show to an end. Hoped ya enjoyed it! On our next episode we will be counting down "The Greatest Items/Power Ups in Nintendo History". But I can't do it alone I need your help too. If ya got any suggestions please post 'em. This is Koopa72 signing off, stay classy my friends, stay classy. whee
*camera zooms out and fadeds to black; credits begin scroll up screen*

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:29 pm
I disagree with your untruth that Mewtwo is the best pokemon. Everyone knows it's MEW!
The original is always better than the copy. =D

And I'll let Crazy Hand slide, though I think Mike Tyson got way too high a spot. Oh well.

And I'll admit, I didn't see Giygas coming, though now I think about it, it's a great choice. =D  

Zapatorf
Crew

PrismScepter
Crew

Invisible Lunatic

7,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:52 pm
I agree with your #1 picture 100%!

I would like to make one correction, though. Vaati's first game was Four Swords for GBA. In that game he just happened to be a giant, flying eyeball, with bat wings. Minsh Cap is the prequel to Four Swords.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:05 am
I say it is debatable how bad some of these people are, and personally I think Bowser is teh greatest, just because he is a "classic" villan.  

Eggmond
Crew

Dapper Fatcat

6,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Fairy Alchemist 96

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:33 pm
Hehe,I have to thank you for the extra ten euro I won from a bet....I bet Giygas would be first,my friend bet Bowser.....That poor misfortunate soul,didn't even know who Giygas was! eek xd  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:30 pm
Do you bet on everything, Fairy? rolleyes  

Zapatorf
Crew

Fairy Alchemist 96

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:06 am
It's not my fault,I get it from my mom.... xd
And yes,yes I do. 3nodding  
Videogame Related Talk [Talk about video games]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff