Reply Life Issues & Fashion
Problem in School (please help) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sayga Takaino

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:06 pm
Recently i've been encountering problems with most people in my school just because i'm goth they think its ok to throw things at me, call me names, and stereotype. The thing is i'm nothing but nice... to everyone. It makes no sense because i still get treated like s**t. I'm also the only goth at my school and nobody really knows what goth is. Is there anyone here who's had a similar problem and knows a good way to fix it?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:56 pm
I have... a similar problem. People think it's okay to call me names... horrible, horrible names... *shudders* just because i'm goth. But, I tend to have... anger problems, and sometimes make the situation worse. But, my advice for you would be to try and ignore it. If they continue throwing things at you, and stuff like that, try explaining to them that you're not a bad person. Explain what goth is, if they don't understand. If they still don't stop, take it to the principal.  

Twisted Maggot

Keevan Draco

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:24 pm
Sayga, first I would like to extend a warm welcome to our happy little family. Here, you will find goths from around the world, of many different age demographics, and many different points of view. Sometimes we don't agree on everything, but that's what makes this guild a great place to hang out and learn new ideas and concepts...

I seem to always keep repeating the same little bits of info whenever a goth encounters a snag in their journey through the hell that is school.
(check some of the older help threads here in the lifestyles section for wise advise concerning school problems.)

you could either:

A. ignore them and focus on your studies, becoming the smartest student in your class, who then graduates and forms a successful business venture making millions in the process, and then hire all the miserable failures in your class that make fun and taunt you, only to fire them days later and laugh in their faces....

or,

B. For a short term fix, make a mock up of a little voodoo doll (it's not hard, just hand sew two pieces of fabric that are cut out in the shape of a little person, and stuff it with a little batting (fluffy stuff you might find in a stuffed toy bear), use a permanent marker to draw a few dots on one side of the fabric ( little heart over where a heart should be, dots on the joints, dots on the head, a dot on the butt, ect.) and then find some long straight pins and stick em in it.
the next time your classmates make fun of you to the point of getting you extremely upset, covertly pull out the doll and jab the pins into the little dots till you feel better.

The point of this little excercise is the power of persuasion and mind over matter. You dont' have to say a word to them about what you are doing, but if you are feeling a little bit spitefull you could just say "i'm curseing you" and just walk away. The power of suggestion is a highly contagious thing...just the slightest hint is enough to throw the world into chaos.

(I'm not endorsing black magic in any way, shape, or form. there is no secret powers, no abracadabra, no flash of light and smoke....the true secret to most occult practices lays in the sheer power of simple suggestions told to those who really really want to believe in it.
If a human being is told that they will find true love in three days time, and they truly believe in the words that are spoken to them, then they will move heaven and earth make that simple suggestion a reality.....no mystery, no magic, just sheer blind human freewill acting on a deeply subconcious level to achieve what they most desire.)

(adenendum B1: Follow this step at your own risk, funny as it may sound, many school districts (and the parents of the rest of the herd) are a rather tichy lot concerning anything that even remotely resembles the occult, and following this little bit of advise might lead to reprecussions from the "powers that be" in your school district such as expulsion, detention, threatening letters to your parents, ect. as the "ignorant herds in charge" (parents) get their knickers in a twist over things they don't understand. Step B was intended as lighthearted humor but can be greatly effective in the most dire of needs. It's effective, but there are risks of reprecussions by the herd upon your person...be prepared for the worst case scenario following this plan.)
Or,

C. Take the high road, hold your head up high, and be proud of what you are while suffering the slings and arrows of this life. First and foremost to thine own self be true. Keep up a positive attitude, and be willing to share your chosen lifestyle with others, and if the others refuse to embrace you as a unique individual, ignore the ignorant and live your life more free than the rest of the herd.

Take care of yourself, be weird.......

sincerely,
Me.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:00 am
Thanks Isis, you to Keevan. I'll keep that stuff in mind and sample some even thought my sewing skills aren't the greatest. Maybe i can get my girlfriend to help me with the voo-doo dolls. Oh Keevan thanks for the welcome. I've actually been here for a while but never had a problem as annoying as this. So i never really use this forum. Again thanks to you both.

Sayga Takaino

NewAgeAntique

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:25 pm
Watch out with the voodoo trick. It has really bad repercussions....

Yeah, that's speaking from experiance. One of my good friends used to make little people out of twizzlers and hang them from twizzler nooses and then stick them to windows and slidding doors and stuff. She got in trouble at the highest levels and sent for psychiatric help, and this was for twizzlers.

It might be hard, but commiting acts of violence even mentally against these people is sinking to their level. They are ignorant for tormenting you just because they don't understand you, but acting in the same way back at them is just as ignorant because you aren't bothering to see things from their point of veiw either. They're scared. They don;t know what to make of you. The only "Goth's" they've probably have ever heard of before are people on the news for bad things like Columbine or such. They don't understand what it really means to be goth, all they know is the lies and bad rumors and misconceptions. You need to not propagate these misconceptions by doing something as base and menial as voodoo. Do you want to prove them right?

You said you're a nice person. Voodoo isn't nice. It's aiming a deliberate vicious mental attack against another person. It's not a joke, because the person you use it against wont think it's a joke.

I don't mean to offend anyone with this post, Keevan, but I couldn't refrain from saying anything. I feel really strongly about the negativity of pretend voodoo.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:05 pm
it's ok, i'm not offended in the least bit....

the context of that part of the message was more geared towards light hearted humor than actual advise, and I can see where someone might misconstrue what I wrote.

I guess that bit stemmed from my non belief in various magical practices. once, long ago, I used to be a practicioner of certain arts (non satanic, of course) and thought that I had a power that was not truly there to begin with. Over the years, I became jaded to the craft, and realized certain truths that many who practice it refuse to acknowledge at all.

there is no magic...just the absolute human willpower to change one's surroundings through the medium of suggestion. Almost all magical practices revolve around the art of suggestion and influence over other beings. Even voodoo is more of a scare tactic and psychological manipulation than actual "poof there it is" magic.

but I see your point....

negativity in your head becomes a poison that infects the rest of your psychological wellbeing, it's far far better to just move along and ignore the herd than to actually interact with them on that level.

but sometimes it's just so darn cathartic just to jab a few pins into a pincushion..lol.  

Keevan Draco

Shadowed Intent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:45 pm
Keevan Draco

but sometimes it's just so darn cathartic just to jab a few pins into a pincushion..lol.

Heheh, I would personally prefer to use a rapier. smile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:51 am
Do you have a creative outlet (eg writing, drawing)? That helped me a lot when I had to deal with similar issues.

I would try to ignore/avoid the kids as much as possible. It's really important to find ways to prevent it from escalating so avoidance is one good strategy. Do you have a cell phone you can use to call for help if you got cornered? If they approached me meanly, I would try to just be as nice possible and say in a quiet but firm tone of voice, "Please leave me alone." Then simply walk away. You might have to rehearse it in your mind.

Is it your appearance they are criticising? Are you shy? I was bullied once and at that point in my life I wasn't even a goth! I was just a gawky little kid with really ugly glasses.

Another thing you could do is ask a school counsellor, or favourite teacher, for advice about bullying.

If you are concerned about your personal safefy, I would talk to your parents or the principal.  

trampyre

-Lo Va Tits-

Dapper Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:40 pm
i just stop caring and eventually didnt bother to listen  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:18 pm
I understand. People tease, name call, pick on you, stereotype, all sorts of junk. Some kids even asked me if I knew any spells, like I was a witch or something rolleyes However, ignoring them is the best situation. If these people are keeping at it to the point where it gets violent, don't ever be alone. Staying with other people (preferrably others who can defend themselves) normally won't make them come toward you. I don't know exactly the way it feels to be the only goth cause I have emo friends who understand, but I think I'm the only REAL goth. Too many so called 'goths' that are actually preps. Point being, ignore, stay with good friends, and hope you resolve the problem ^w^  

II Ur Ex-Lover Is Dead II

Shirtless Nerd

8,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Sayga Takaino

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:09 pm
MyChemOtaku09
Too many so called 'goths' that are actually preps.

I know what you mean there are these 2 posers a grade below me and they're reallyy annoying...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:29 pm
Oh, I hate that! I have one friend who's truly goth, and one who thinks she's goth. She shops at Hot Topic, listens to death metal and even Slipknot. She claims it's goth, but I always tell her that nothing she listens to is Goth. Then she says "whatever" and changes the subject to something emo/depressing, because apparently she thinks goths don't have lives. scream rolleyes  

Twisted Maggot

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:30 am
Howling Maggot
Oh, I hate that! I have one friend who's truly goth, and one who thinks she's goth. She shops at Hot Topic, listens to death metal and even Slipknot. She claims it's goth, but I always tell her that nothing she listens to is Goth. Then she says "whatever" and changes the subject to something emo/depressing, because apparently she thinks goths don't have lives. scream rolleyes

You may or may not know this, but your profile suggests that nothing you listen to is goth either.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:27 pm
GilAskan
You may or may not know this, but your profile suggests that nothing you listen to is goth either.

I know, but I don't claim that what I listen to is goth. She says it's goth, but I'm smart enough to know it's not.  

Twisted Maggot

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:48 pm
GilAskan
Howling Maggot

Did she ever say she listened to goth music? neutral  
Life Issues & Fashion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces