Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Whopper or dairy product
  Dairy product!
  Whopper!
View Results

Twisted Maggot

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:11 pm
My favorite band ever. No doubt about it. So, does anyone else like SlipKnot? What's your favorite song by them? I like Pulse of the Maggots on the album Vol. 3: The Subliminal Verses. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:25 pm
Reject.  

Mrs. Pink Eyes

YourFatalMistake

Distinct Dabbler

4,450 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:37 pm
Slipknot isn't Goth at all, and I personally think they kind of suck. I'm not trying to be offensive, but it would be better of you to talk about them in a metalhead guild instead.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:28 pm
YourFatalMistake
Slipknot isn't Goth at all, and I personally think they kind of suck. I'm not trying to be offensive, but it would be better of you to talk about them in a metalhead guild instead.
Two thirds of them would probably laugh at her, and call anyone who liked them not a "real" metalhead.

Personally, I really don't like Slipknot. whee  

Henneth Annun
Captain

YourFatalMistake

Distinct Dabbler

4,450 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:47 pm
As I said, I'm not such a big fan either.

Perhaps a spooky kids/mainstream metal guild, then?

I do listen to some metal, but I'm not very knowledgeable about it. I used to be a fan of thrash metal bands like Megadeth, Metallica, Municipal Waste, Tankard, Marshall Law, Avenged Sevenfold, etc., as well as black metal, death metal, and gothic metal, like Sirenia, Tristania, Forever Slave, Cannibal Corpse, Slayer, Black Sabbath, Cradle of Filth, etc., and even some power and symphonic metal like Epica, Nightwish, and Dragonforce, but I only considered myself a metalhead for a short period of time and didn't learn too much about metal in general.

I stick to Gothic and symphonic metal as far as metal goes, these days, so Slipknot isn't in my area of knowledge because I don't like them. They are some form of metal, though, right? Nu metal with a dark twist, maybe? eek  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:17 pm
*sigh* I'm perfectly aware of them not being goth. I never said they were, now did I? If you want it to hurt, you have to be able to read. rolleyes

And, Slipknot is considered heavy metal... sometimes. They're really the only metal that I listen to, 'cause others scare me eek  

Twisted Maggot

YourFatalMistake

Distinct Dabbler

4,450 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:45 pm
Quote:
If you want it to hurt...

I didn't want it to hurt. I remember saying that it wasn't my intention to offend you. I meant it.

Honestly, it's a habit of mine to point out if something isn't Goth if it's a Goth forum thing. Do you go on Vampirefreaks? I'm in a few Goth groups on there, and in one you'll get slammed through text if you try to talk about a band that isn't Goth. I guess it's different here, but whatever. I'm sorry - it's been a while since I've had any experience with Gaia guilds.

Quote:
They're really the only metal that I listen to, 'cause others scare me

Really? I think Slipknot is one of the scarier ones - they wear those masks and their music has heavy distortion elements. I think Slipknot is scarier than most of the bands I mentioned in my last post.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:25 pm
Its probably wise if I stay out of this conversation.  

Digital Malevolence

Greedy Bloodsucker

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:08 pm
Isis11213
*sigh* I'm perfectly aware of them not being goth. I never said they were, now did I? If you want it to hurt, you have to be able to read. rolleyes

And, Slipknot is considered heavy metal... sometimes. They're really the only metal that I listen to, 'cause others scare me eek
Others scare you? What about them scares you?

Check out Mastodon, Agalloch, Gojira, and Amon Amarth and see if they scare you.

I desperatley need to help you here.

Does Candlemass scare you?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:41 pm
lol....let's not forget about GWAR....

slipknot is not a huge favorite of mine, but I'm digging the new release on the video circuits. It's a very toned down version of their usual bread and circuses, and I like the visual style of retrospection they portray in their new video.  

Keevan Draco

Twisted Maggot

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:52 pm
Quote:
Honestly, it's a habit of mine to point out if something isn't Goth if it's a Goth forum thing. Do you go on Vampirefreaks? I'm in a few Goth groups on there, and in one you'll get slammed through text if you try to talk about a band that isn't Goth. I guess it's different here, but whatever. I'm sorry - it's been a while since I've had any experience with Gaia guilds.

That's fine. Vampirefreaks? To be honest, I've never heard of that.

Quote:
Really? I think Slipknot is one of the scarier ones - they wear those masks and their music has heavy distortion elements. I think Slipknot is scarier than most of the bands I mentioned in my last post.

Lol, maybe I'm just a big freak. I think their masks are cool. Well, not all of them... Some of them freak me out, but others are fine with me. xd And, I guess not ALL other metal bands scare me. There's Mudvayne, but that can be a bit scary... I guess I favor Slipknot, and Disturbed (I don't know if you've heard of Disturbed, they're kinda old) because my dad's been listening to heavy metal down to death metal since before I was born. And yet he yells at me for dressing constantly in black satin skirts and corsets and what not... rolleyes

Quote:
Others scare you? What about them scares you?

Check out Mastodon, Agalloch, Gojira, and Amon Amarth and see if they scare you.

I desperatley need to help you here.

Does Candlemass scare you?

Candlemass doesn't scare me as much as others. And, I guess their voices scare me. I'd listen to heavy metal over death metal any day, but some heavy metal bands should be classified as death metal... I don't know, it's complicated.

Quote:
Its probably wise if I stay out of this conversation.

Nah, the arguing part is over... I think...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:21 am
Isis11213
My favorite band ever. No doubt about it. So, does anyone else like SlipKnot? What's your favorite song by them? I like Pulse of the Maggots on the album Vol. 3: The Subliminal Verses. 3nodding

i personally love slipknot, i love dead memories, psychosocial, and before i forget. those are my top.  

xXxDarkDisturbiaxXx

L Ron Jeremy

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:28 am
Mrs. Pink Eyes
Reject.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:57 am
YourFatalMistake
Quote:
They're really the only metal that I listen to, 'cause others scare me

Pfffffft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmmR9OJWV0I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jlk6RIADrXU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHPhfhuF_t4

And the first two aren't metal.  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

xXxRandom CrapxXx

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:23 pm
slipknots kool ,not a favorite but its ok  
Music - Related Topics

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]