View Results

Card Queen

Fashionable Friend

4,500 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:28 pm
Well, now don't I sound all high and mighty. I expected a fuss to be kicked up with the change but this is fairly ridiculous.

First thing's first, I don't like seeing my sister cry -- ever.
When I see her crying over this, it is, quite frankly, unacceptable.

For those of you who aren't Crew, LegionSoul was demoted from Crew status. This provoked a self-demotion from Nunatak.

Their argument is fairly solid: she demoted him without warning or explanation.

No hear ours: he never showed up and he was privvy to upcoming events that he signed up for but never took part in. Crew comes with privelages and responsibilities, you don't get a job and then not turn up for work. And as for the warning, if he never comes here and doesn't post, it gives off signs that he doesn't really care. Inactive members still manage posts and PM and profile comments.

She needs Crew she can depend on and LegionSoul was never around. Not exactly what a Captain wants in Crew.
Snow is going to be demoted, because she's never around either, and she's our flipping sister.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:30 pm
I agree that if a crew doesn't even participate, that he/she should lose the privilege that has been given to them. But that person must at least get an explanation of some sort! And the person should have the chance to explain themselves before the demotion! This is just common sense O.o

And I'm not on anyone's side. I'm just giving my opinion.  

Lilmagical_star

Zapatorf
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:26 pm
I wholeheartedly agree with Star. I'm sorry Primmy and Queenie, but if he was given no warning, then how would he know what is to happen? A notice of some sort should be given beforehand.
Besides, I saw LeigonSoul here and there... So you can't say he was COMPLETELY inactive.

I also agree, that should a person not fulfill their duties as crew... which nobody has even really filled me in on... then they should be demoted.
But with warning!

As for Snow, I hardly ever saw her. If you were going to demote someone based on activeness, shouldn't Snow have been first?

I don't want to lose what trust I have in anyybody, but I try to be honest as much as possible, and that ocassionally comes off rather rude.
C'est la vie.

And I don't like Primmy crying either. Let's get this cleared up, and quickly.
emo
Also, I think that if you are going to post your side of the argument here, maybe the relevant parts of Tak's argument should be posted here as well?
Maybe not the entire thing.... it might make people scream about the length.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:06 pm
If you don't take part and are never around do you really need an explanation. You should really see something like that coming. And I assumed, would take it with some grace.

The duties were top secret pojects to make he Guild more interesting. Now, they will include modeating a sub-forum so activity and responsibility is a must.

Snow was demoted, in the same way as Legion, for the same reason as Legion. She had no explanation but took her demotion with an ounce of humility. She knew why she was demoted as should you.

I won't speak for Tak, words get mashed up and points get skewed when that happens.

Let me make this final point: everyone is the Guild is considered a friend, the Crew are some of our best friends but there has to be a practical mind behind the decisions here. Or it'll end up being an inactive and inclusive guild where only the chatterbox and guild games are active.  

Card Queen

Fashionable Friend

4,500 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250

GeorgeStow
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:15 pm
Letting him go cold turkey is just harsh. Bush didn't do what he was meant to as Presidnet, but he stayed in 8 years! Give the guy a break!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:27 am
I see... everyone says "Inactive Crew members should be demoted" but scolds the Captain for making the right choice because she didn't include her reasons.
When they were informed that they were demoted, they still threw a massive fit, so one wonders whether they wanted to be told "it's because you're inactive" at all.

I'm at the end of my tether, I've mulled over this all night and my decision is final. I'm leaving this Guild. All the board game presents have been traded to The Nintendo Mule.
My reasons are thus:
I work too hard for no reward. Seriously, I singlle-handedly did the Awards Ceremony and messaged all active members to make sure they were ap art of it. Then I see people saying "yeah we don't always procrastinate" and "everyone did a good job there", it made my blood boil.

I'm personable but also practical, so I don't throw out promotions to all my buddies so we can chat in the Crew Room. The Guild is for the entertainment of other members and Crew are, supposedly, the instigators of entertainment - full of new ideas for people to have fun. You guys seem to have forgotten that.

Throwing a fit gets you your way. I'm old-fashioned, I don't do "emo" or "procrastination", I like to work hard and earn rewards not whine to get my way. I sincerely doubt whether Star PMed every single member with 0 posts to tell them she was banning them because they had 0 posts. Double standards much?

So this is it. I'm done here. You can write whatever snide remrks you so choose knowing that I will not respond.

Goodbye.  

Card Queen

Fashionable Friend

4,500 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250

Lilmagical_star

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:29 am
Card Queen
I sincerely doubt whether Star PMed every single member with 0 posts to tell them she was banning them because they had 0 posts. Double standards much?

So this is it. I'm done here. You can write whatever snide remrks you so choose knowing that I will not respond.

Goodbye.

stare stare stare
When I removed those members, I wrote them a nice message saying why they were banned, but told them to join again if they were still interested and wanted to actually participate this time.
In their case, they never ever posted, so I didn't really have to explain the thing to them. They are just people who don't understand the concept of guilds. But since I wouldn't be happy if someone removed me without any reason, I included an explanation.

God, people leave because of misunderstanding. Good reason? NO. Let's talk and then we'll see. Don't just flee like that. stare

Edit: CREW, check this.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:23 pm
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WILL EVERYONE JUST BLOODY CALM DOWN! scream

This has gotten totally out of hand.I would've done the same as Queen(demoting Legion and Snow)if I was in her place.It's un-fair having a crew member who doesn't work their share.
Queenie has done MILLIONS for this guild,she was nothing but amazing to me when I joined,always making me laugh and agree,and now we all have driven her away.(Notice the 'WE',which includes me,and all of you.)
I always try to be nice and friendly,but this is just f'ing crazy,and I'm totally outragous.We are like a storm in a teacup,people.
I'm on Queen's side,people sometimes just never thank ANYONE for what they've done.
I am sincerely sorry for any annoyance I have caused on my part,Queenie.I hope to the world that you'll come back to our little guild,and have some more fun.
I really want to just put all this behind us,and please STOP THE ARGUING AND FIGHTING! scream  

Fairy Alchemist 96

Lilmagical_star

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:41 pm
Fairy Alchemist 96

This has gotten totally out of hand.I would've done the same as Queen(demoting Legion and Snow)if I was in her place.It's un-fair having a crew member who doesn't work their share.
Queenie has done MILLIONS for this guild,she was nothing but amazing to me when I joined,always making me laugh and agree,and now we all have driven her away.(Notice the 'WE',which includes me,and all of you.)
I always try to be nice and friendly,but this is just f'ing crazy,and I'm totally outragous.We are like a storm in a teacup,people.
I'm on Queen's side,people sometimes just never thank ANYONE for what they've done.
I am sincerely sorry for any annoyance I have caused on my part,Queenie.I hope to the world that you'll come back to our little guild,and have some more fun.
I really want to just put all this behind us,and please STOP THE ARGUING AND FIGHTING! scream

The fight is not about this, but anyway. ^^;

YEAH! STOP THE ARGUING AND FIGHTING!!! scream  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:41 pm
Fairy Alchemist 96

You should see what's going on in the crew forum. It's crazy... sad  

GeorgeStow
Crew

Lilmagical_star

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:42 pm
GeorgeStow
Fairy Alchemist 96

You should see what's going on in the crew forum. It's crazy... sad

No, it's just plain ridiculous stare  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:46 pm
Is anyone getting the vibe that everyone's kinda angry....(Sorry for the outbreak,first time I've typed in a forum when my Bipolarness took over...Sorry again. sweatdrop )  

Fairy Alchemist 96

Lilmagical_star

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:49 pm
Aww that's okay XD I was like "wtf eek looool" wink

Some are mad at others and vice versa, and as for me, I'm mad at all of those ^^; Well, mad, not really. I'm rather like stare  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:34 pm
I don't know what's going on. sweatdrop

I haven't really ever seen anyone here argue with anyone else and it's all a bit surprising.

But I'm not really in the position to ask about anything, and frankly it's probably none of my business, anyway.

However, I will say that I apologize for anything I might have done! Or not done.... Er..... um.....?

............I'm so bamboozled...  

DreamChasing Windie

Greedy Friend

Eggmond
Crew

Dapper Fatcat

6,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:03 pm
Sure he probably deserved to be demoted. BUT a warning is needed, at least to give him a chance to change if he really cares. Hell I know if I got that warning I would come back to the guild ASAP and help out. (which may happen one day, as I always seem to be inactive now and again xd ). An naturaly I don't want ANYONE crying over ANYTHING, but no offence... I am not changing my opinions just because of it.

Awww.... and now Queenie is gone crying  
Boo's Graveyard [The place where dead threads go...]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces