Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Advice on cardio equipment(Updated Again)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which should I get
  Elliptical
  bike
  other
View Results

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:01 pm
I went with the elliptical, so far I'm loving it, I've used it almost every day since I've had it for at least 15 minutes and I find that I really work up a sweat just as much as I did when I was jogging if not more. I need to go out and buy a sports bra that's decent enough to wear around people cause I always feel the urge to strip lol.
So I now have:
Elyptical Trainer:
Healthrider 15.5 $300(cdn) regularly $500  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:42 pm
DDR is great cardio and if you already have a game system, you can get a decent DDR mat for as cheat as $15-20. And it's really fun. 3nodding  

__penguin__
Captain

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:15 am
__penguin__
DDR is great cardio and if you already have a game system, you can get a decent DDR mat for as cheat as $15-20. And it's really fun. 3nodding

ya, I know, and I have the PS2 so it is a possibility. I have an actual workout video game, which is really fun. The problem is setting up. I have to move the furniture out of the way, and hook up the PS2, then I g2 put it all away after since my family will get annoyed if I leave it out. DDR wouldn't be so bad since I could fit the matt in my room. Maybe I'll try it, but I like the idea of getting a good workout while watching TV. Plus I don't last long with video games. Once I defeat the game, I pretty much never play it again. Unfortunately, now that I finally have a nice console I've outgrown it a bit. crying  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:19 am
It all depends, don't listen to other people's advice on what to get because it may not suit YOU.

I personally would get a bike, because the elliptical trainer is nice, but I like to bike, there are lots of things ie: you could get a spin class dvd and use that at home (spin classes are AWESOME)

This stuff has to suit YOU. YOU YOU YOU. No one else because if it doesn't suit you this thing you spend a lot of money on is going to end up at a second hand store or pawn shop or as your clothes drying rack.  

Lady Schist

Groovy Spleen
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:17 am
Personally I hate elliptical trainers.
If I wanted to practice flailing around for an hour, i'd just flail around.
It's not TRAINING your muscles, it's just burning calories,
where as a bike you're building muscle, and can apply it to something.
You get better at biking.

I;d rather be good at biking than at flailing spastically. n_n  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:07 am
There is definitely that groovy. .-.  

Lady Schist

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:26 pm
Lady Schist
It all depends, don't listen to other people's advice on what to get because it may not suit YOU.

I personally would get a bike, because the elliptical trainer is nice, but I like to bike, there are lots of things ie: you could get a spin class dvd and use that at home (spin classes are AWESOME)

This stuff has to suit YOU. YOU YOU YOU. No one else because if it doesn't suit you this thing you spend a lot of money on is going to end up at a second hand store or pawn shop or as your clothes drying rack.

lol, very good points. well the thing about the bike is that I HAVE a bike, actually I have 2. I'm a very big biker, my summer job consisted of patrolling my neighborhood via bike. I'd get together with work buddies and go mountain biking. I even do some light biking in the winter. I ultimately decided if I'm gona spend almost my entire pay cheque on something, it's going to be something I can't just go outside and do already.

Groovy Spleen
Personally I hate elliptical trainers.
If I wanted to practice flailing around for an hour, i'd just flail around.
It's not TRAINING your muscles, it's just burning calories,
where as a bike you're building muscle, and can apply it to something.
You get better at biking.

I;d rather be good at biking than at flailing spastically. n_n

I find the elliptical more like XCountry skiing than flailing, or like jogging on a cloud xd but it's true it does not build as much muscle as the bike, but I already have skiing/biking legs. I mainly want to get something for cardio and the elliptical is a better cardio workout.  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games