Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Legion of Helpers
Main Board Chat Thread {Chatter Box} Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dameon the -V-

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:00 am
It's official, dameon has been looking through all the other posts on the main board and has seen that we're in need of a new chat thread. Maybe then you guys will butt out of the other threads you shouldn't be chatting in.

Follow the terms of agreement and please keep it pg-13

That entails
{No "F-Bomb", No Lude comments of sexual orientation, No Provocative agendas, Absolutely No Scamming.}

If you piss off a mod, they have every right to discipline you, meaning that posting in this thread means that you are accepting that the legion of helpers is pursuing an 'atmosphere' of peace, tranquility, and general neighborly behavior in a good fashion.

Respect one another, all troll posts will be deleted and you will get a semi-ban for causing havok.

Enjoy yourself, don't get to carried away. We do have a CB forum but you guys seem too lazy to clickith on them.

With that, the thread is open  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:01 am
~Semi-Ban List~  

Dameon the -V-

Dameon the -V-

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:04 am
I suppose seeing as how no one is awake at 5:00 or so in the morning (eastern coast) I will start it off too.

Is anyone else aware of a method to keep myself from staying up all night like these nights because of my stomach and mental state. When I say mental state, i don't mean psychotic, I mean I can't stop thinking, my thoughts race when I get tired.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:32 am
Dameon the -V-
I suppose seeing as how no one is awake at 5:00 or so in the morning (eastern coast) I will start it off too.

Is anyone else aware of a method to keep myself from staying up all night like these nights because of my stomach and mental state. When I say mental state, i don't mean psychotic, I mean I can't stop thinking, my thoughts race when I get tired.

Nope...I have that exact problem. You can probably recall having seen a thread that I made about this problem in the past. I don't remember when it was, but it wasn't pretty helpful. I tried out all the methods that were suggested and none helped. The only thing I find that helps me sleep better and probably earlier is if I eat something filling before I sleep so that I don't have to worry about an empty stomach. Preferrably nothing full of sugar. Honestly now...how can people sleep on an empty stomach? How can people eat at 5pm or 6pm and not eat anything past that into the evening and not end up hungry overnight while they sleep? I find my family a little strange though since we eat at 10pm at night. sweatdrop Eating at 8pm sounds reasonable enough. Listening to your favorite music at a low volume could be an option though, since it would limit your thinking to that. I just hope it's one without lyrics.  

tkdauronXIII

Ronzalpha201

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:18 pm
tkdauronXIII
Dameon the -V-

Nope...I have that exact problem. You can probably recall having seen a thread that I made about this problem in the past. I don't remember when it was, but it wasn't pretty helpful. I tried out all the methods that were suggested and none helped. The only thing I find that helps me sleep better and probably earlier is if I eat something filling before I sleep so that I don't have to worry about an empty stomach. Preferrably nothing full of sugar. Honestly now...how can people sleep on an empty stomach? How can people eat at 5pm or 6pm and not eat anything past that into the evening and not end up hungry overnight while they sleep? I find my family a little strange though since we eat at 10pm at night. sweatdrop Eating at 8pm sounds reasonable enough. Listening to your favorite music at a low volume could be an option though, since it would limit your thinking to that. I just hope it's one without lyrics.

yes...and i followed Tk's advice, despite my fear of it becoming a deserted thread....but it got deleted...oh well..  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:38 pm
Ronzalpha201
tkdauronXIII
Dameon the -V-

yes...and i followed Tk's advice, despite my fear of it becoming a deserted thread....but it got deleted...oh well..

well you could always try sleeping pills....though they taste nasty. (DON'T DO THIS TOO OFTEN AND DON'T O.D.!!!)

as for the rules of this threas...the peaceful atmosphere reminded me of a song. This guild seems to be dying, but we keep fighting that death and making this guild live, therefore Seether's "Rise Above This" is a good fit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO2nqcN3EGg  

The_Last_Avenger

tkdauronXIII

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:50 pm
The_Last_Avenger
Ronzalpha201
tkdauronXIII
Dameon the -V-

well you could always try sleeping pills....though they taste nasty. (DON'T DO THIS TOO OFTEN AND DON'T O.D.!!!)

as for the rules of this threas...the peaceful atmosphere reminded me of a song. This guild seems to be dying, but we keep fighting that death and making this guild live, therefore Seether's "Rise Above This" is a good fit.
]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO2nqcN3EGg

Yeah, but the natural way is better, if not safer.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:12 pm
very true, which is why I almost never take any sort of medicine. I've got a pretty damn strong immune system. I've always had trouble sleeping, and it's for the same reason. My mind wanders. All I do is close my eyes and get comfortable and let it wander.  

The_Last_Avenger

Demonic Repentance

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:18 pm
Hear the music and despair

Well, uh, pardon my French, but je ne suis pas comme le Mexique. XD

("I don't like Mexico," according to Google Translate. I really should just ask my French friend.)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:23 pm
Chaotic Sonata

Well, uh, pardon my French, but je ne suis pas comme le Mexique. XD

("I don't like Mexico," according to Google Translate. I really should just ask my French friend.)

ah, pure randomness. lolz  

Ronzalpha201

Demonic Repentance

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:59 pm

Haha, yep, that post was made of... RANDOMITE! It's like Kryptonite, but cooler, perpl, and random.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:32 pm
Chaotic Sonata

Haha, yep, that post was made of... RANDOMITE! It's like Kryptonite, but cooler, perpl, and random.

....ok.....now tell webster to add that word to their dictionary...  

Ronzalpha201

Demonic Repentance

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:47 pm

Psht, Webster can go to England for all I care. Urban Dictionary ftw. XD

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:24 pm
Chaotic Sonata

Psht, Webster can go to England for all I care. Urban Dictionary ftw. XD

LOLZ. you should tell them that too. xd  

Ronzalpha201

LanceCalvis
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:46 pm
I've found out how to deal with my mind wandering at night. If you occupy your mind during the day. Then most of the time your mind will not wander at night. The exception is when you are troubled about something. The trade off is your mind will wander quite a bit when it actually does. Then again maybe that is just me. Anyway, maybe you could try focusing your time on one task and see if that helps.  
Legion of Helpers

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff