Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Help! How do you measure food o_o

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Starlurk

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:54 pm
I know how to measure liquids, like say I wanted a cup of milk, I'd know how many calories I was drinking.

But what if I wanted to make spaghetti? What if I'm making it for my boyfriend and I, even if I could measure the noodles and the sauce I wouldn't know how much I was eating compared to him.

I really want to start counting calories but it's hard if you don't know how to measure stuff. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:22 pm
Im not sure what you mean....i calorie count, and on the packets of things they tell you how much 1 serving is and how much energy there is per serve. Then you just measure/weigh out a serve, or half a serve or what ever you want. So if you're having spaghetti for your boyfriend and you, you would weigh out 2 serves of noodles and measure out in cups 2 serves of sauce (assuming the sauce is premade/bought). Then you just deal it out equally between the two of you when its cooked. If the sauce is home made, then you can find websites where you enter your ingredients and it will calculate how many calories are in what you made.

Does that help? I dont think calorie counting has to be an EXACT science btw. I mean, if you think you've been eating a low amount and still gain weight then you're probably measuring wrong. But i do a mix of rough estimates and using info i can get from packaging and it seems to work fine so far  

Iconised Ghost

Starlurk

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:50 pm
That's almost exactly what I mean. sweatdrop Thank you! It just seems like a science I have a hard time grasping.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:35 pm
lol mrgreen i mean, some ppl might be more pedantic than me, but i usually dont even both to weigh things! I just eye ball them xD So its not an exact science. Rough estimations are usually fine ^_^  

Iconised Ghost

Madame de Sousa

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:17 am
Here's a website about pasta to help you measure smile
http://www.barillaus.com/Home/pages/Measuring_Pasta.aspx  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:12 am
I bought a scale that measures grams and ounces, lol.  

Groovy Spleen
Crew

Starlurk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:45 am
Thanks for the link Madam! 3nodding

I really want a scale like that XD How much did it cost and how much space does it take up? I have a itty bitty kitchen.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:59 am

I was thinking about getting a scale once, and the prices really vary... xD I do a lot of shopping online, and I just checked them out on EBay - there seems to be a pretty good selection, like this, maybe?

Kasumi Kama

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games