Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply 03 One-on-One RPs
A Lamb Among Wolves (Kaewyn Star and Ronyo Storm) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kaewyn Star

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:38 pm
A Lamb Among Wolves

A Sarigal Story

Written by: Kaewyn Star

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:42 pm
Name: Tessa Young
Height: 5' 0"
Description: She is a very small person, short and extremely thin; some might even say she looks delicate and breakable. She is beyond beautiful with long shiny black hair that comes to her waist, and skin the color of snow. She has vibrant violet eyes and a perfect white smile. Her wardrobe changes often and can range from a hunters outfit, to dresses, to a tunic and pants, etc.
Personality: A very long time ago, in another life, she was sweet, friendly, and always kind. Now she is mostly standoffish and rude. She has great confidence in herself with most things, except being around other people.

The rest of my character description is being left out intentionally and will be addressed as the story progresses.  

Kaewyn Star

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:44 pm
Main Characters

Thomas Tibadious Thirdstaff
Kal'Daka Tepuli' Jest  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:47 pm
Prologue

Gabriella was nineteen and in love with a cleric, a hunter to be more specific, one who found and destroyed such vile monsters as demons, vampires, and any other malevolent race that threatened humans. He was an avid protector and believed whole-heartedly that his soul purpose was to rid the world of as much evil as possible. His job presented many risks to those close to him, but Gabriella didn’t care. They married and they were happy.

One night, as many other nights, Gabriella was at home, waiting for her husband to return from yet another hunt. The cleric was tracking a vampire this time. Her brave husband had successfully killed two of the three monsters in the coven, but the leader, a male, escaped.

The young wife finished cleaning the dishes and placed them neatly away. He had missed yet another meal. She walked outside and sat in the wooden rocking chair on the white wrap-around porch. The landscape was breath taking. Luscious grassy meadows covered in wildflowers lay out before her tinted orange by the setting sun, a rare sight in Ashe since the sun was usually hidden by cloud cover more days than not. The warm rays felt good on her skin. Birds chirped and the sound of the wind rustling the summer leaves made her smile. Her house was pleasantly nestled on the outskirts of town, in a clearing surrounded by the verdant forest. She sighed contently; glad they had chosen to live outside the small town, away from all the urban noise.

When the last of the flickering light disappeared behind the horizon, Gabriella stood and went into her house, locking the door behind her. She lit a candle and climbed the stairs to her room on the second story. There she removed her navy blue dress and carefully folded it into a dresser drawer. Her white chemise would serve as her night garment. But before she climbed into bed, she wanted one last look at her husband, her prince, before she closed her eyes to dream of him.

She lifted the candleholder in her hands and tiptoed across her chilly wooden floors. From her bedchambers she moved down the hall and turned into the third door on the left. It slid open soundlessly and she stepped through. This was her husband’s study; the place where he kept all of his files, all of his records about the grim but necessary employment he so loved. The high ceiling room had west-facing windows that were now dark with the night. The desk in the middle of the room was made of deep rich mahogany with a matching chair. Shelves covered the wall filled to capacity by hundreds of books. Oil paintings also decorated the room; some portraits, some landscapes; varying in sizes and each uniquely framed.

On the left wall above the fireplace was the beautiful portrait that she had come to admire; it was of her and her husband. He stood behind her, hands caressing her shoulders, looking down into her radiant blue eyes as she stared up into his angelic face. His brown wavy hair framed his soft kind features, square chin, full lips, and high cheekbones. Gabriella remembered it was an unconventional pose that was hard to hold for long periods of time, but the end result was breath taking. It showed the intimate love that they shared, the electricity that flowed between them. She loved this painting. With a happy sigh, Gabriella turned and tiptoed back to her room.

Kaewyn Star

Kaewyn Star

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:00 pm
In the northwestern most region of Sarigal, the sun was a rare sight. Heavy cloud cover constantly loomed in the sky and rain was the most abundant natural resource in the region. Dense forests of yews and maples blanketed the earth along with thick ferns and fuzzy green moss. The land was defiantly untouched by civilization except for a single severe road that cut through the emerald landscape leading to the only town for two hundred miles… Ashe.

Tessa walked confidently through the small settlement as she did every Thursday, carrying her wares strapped to her back, this time three impressive pelts. A visitor to Ashe would have stopped and stared at the unnatural beauty of the young woman, but the natives had all but gotten use to it. Her smooth pale skin, contrasted sharply by her dark violet eyes and long dark hair that came down to her waist, was like that of polished alabaster. Her tiny build made her seem fragile and delicate, and she moved with a grace that would put even an elven dancer to shame.

As she came nearer to the public square she could already here the whispers. It is often said that gossip spreads like wildfire around small towns. Here in Ashe, gossip was more like an enraged fire-breathing dragon ravaging the countryside. To the right a couple of middle-aged women stood next to a dress-goods shop. “There she is, that strange girl from the woods, that Tessa.” The shrill whiney voice was full of disapproval. “She thinks she is so high and mighty; turned down my Jethro when he invited her to dine with us last winter. I don’t see what’s so remarkable about her.”

The other woman - another local gossip - piped in with her story, matching her friend’s reproachful tone, “Neither do I! Even my boy, William, had a crush on her for a while, but she just brushed him off. You don’t suppose,” the woman’s voice changed from chiding to conspiritory in half a second, “her lack of male interest has anything to do with that uncle she lives with? Maybe he told her never to get involved with anyone.” Her face was elated with her new assumption.

The other woman looked confused, “I didn’t know she lived with an uncle. I heard she was some sort of gypsy who lived alone.”

“How could she live alone? Where on earth does she get those big game pelts then? Surely you don’t think she hunts them herself, do you? Look at how small she is? And besides, gypsies have dark skin. Hers is as pale as snow.”

Overhearing this chatter, a third woman, older and grayer than the first two, joined in happily with her own theory, “Maybe she is really a wizard putting spells on all the young men around here and killing the animals with her magic.” This woman at least sounded like she was joking, but the other two only gawked at this new notion wondering if it could be true. Tessa couldn’t help but smile. The women continued to jabber on as Tessa continued down the street.

She passed the stables and the inn when she overheard a group of men talking excitedly outside the local tavern. Although she didn’t look at them, their conversation was too interesting to ignore.

“Did you here about Markl Jacobs? That bear nearly mauled him to death. He is lucky to be alive! Is he still out cold?” the first man said.

“Yeah. He is laid up at the healer’s house until he comes to. I wouldn’t be surprised if that beast did kill someone. I’ve seen it – as big as a horse on all fours, and when it rears up it must be ten feet tall! Maybe we should get a hunting party together and see if we can take care of it,” offered another.

“I’m in no rush to die. Markl was thirty miles into the forest when he was attacked, that’s far enough away from town that we shouldn’t worry about it yet. But I’ll never understand how he managed to crawl all the way back to the road with all of those injuries! I heard one of his leg was nearly bitten clean off,” a younger one stated.

“Well, however he managed, the man has more luck than a dwarf has whiskers. No travelers along the Old Road for ten days and then some just happen to find him? If it had been anyone else…” he let the statement die there. The group continued their grumbling opinions as they drank there evening brews. Tessa walked on.

The furrier set up shop at the north end of town, Tessa’s current destination. Despite her - awkward - reputation, the burly furrier named Vlad, short for Vladimir, treated Tessa with warmth and kindness.

“Ahh, Teza,” he said affectionately in a strong thick ascent. The big man’s wrinkled leather face lit up at the sight of her coming through the door loaded down with her parcels; his smile was wide and showed a missing tooth. “You av come wit more treasures, eh? Vat av you brought me dis time?”

“You will love these,” she said in a smooth voice that sounded like music. Tessa returned his enthusiasm with a smile of her own, flashing her brilliant teeth that were utterly white and perfectly aligned. Vlad prompted her to the table, slapping his strong hand on the solid wood. She walked over beside him (well more like glided) and in one fluid motion, swung the pelts off her back and laid them flat on its surface. The brown grizzly hide was so large that the table disappeared underneath it, its edges scraping the floor. Vlad found this wonderful and bellowed out laughing. Even he would be hard pressed to produce such a humungous specimen. Two gray wolf pelts lay on top of the mammoth bear, seemingly small and insignificant.

“I vil never underzand how you catch zuch large beazt. Eet is easy to zee why you intimidate dee young men, eh?” he said mockingly as he scrutinized the animal skins. Tessa gave him a dark look. He pretended not to notice and continued, “Bah, day are not worth dee trauble; nor are day wordy of you.” He glanced up to see if he was forgiven from his previous statement. He was. An angelic smile lit up her face.

“You know I don’t care about those fools in town, Vlad,” she stated playfully, as she half danced over to a nearby chair and sat gracefully.

“Letz keep it dat way. Are you vinaly goin to ztay for dinner wit me and Belle or are you leeving again?” He asked hopeful even though he knew she would refuse. She giggled at some joke he didn’t understand. Her laughter was even more musical than her speech.

“Maybe next time, Vlad.”

The mountain of a man sighed but kept the smile on his face. Once satisfied with his assessment of the pelts he moved to the back room and counted out her payment. He returned with a brown pouch packed full of gold. She thanked him, not even bothering to count it, and tied the bulging pouch to her belt.

In a quick motion she stood and gently hopped to plant a small kiss on his cheek. Vlad flushed and looked down at the floor, slightly embarrassed but still smiling. “I’ll see you next week then,” she said swiftly and slid out the door.

Dense clouds hid the sun, as usual, but Tessa could tell night was approaching. What little light there was slowly started to diminish. Tessa grabbed the hood of her green cloak and pulled it over her head. She turned and continued north following a small road that led into the even darker woods.

After walking for two miles, the night had completely enveloped the land. No light could be seen at all, not even the two moons or stars because of the constant overcast. Tessa was used to the dark, however, and swiftly found her way to the beautiful meadow of the Temple of St. Gerrith.

Wildflowers blanketed the grassy opening, the perfume intoxicating. Crystal pools of fresh water were scattered throughout the mile-wide clearing adding to the whimsical décor. In the very middle of the meadow was a huge white cathedral. The temple itself was pure white marble with large stained glass windows, lit from the inside, stretching to the cloudy sky above.

The acolytes were just beginning their evening worship songs as she opened the large stone doors. They swung easily, quietly. The light of the temple was dim. Only high torches and candles pierced the pressing dark. The floor was tiled in one giant mosaic of the golden sun on a white background. The gilded tiles flickered with the firelight, making the sun look as if it were actually burning. The ceiling was a huge dome set with round coffers leading up to a small round oculus. The stained glass windows took up most of the wall space and depicted the history of this particular temple. Rows of marble pews with soft blue cushions faced the altar with a central aisle leading to the front.

Tessa removed her hood and sat at the very back in one of the pews. Here she stayed for hours, as she did every Thursday night, thinking, meditating. For years she had come here finding nothing but unanswered questions and pain, but now she was in a healthier place. She use to spend hours asking herself rhetorical questions, but now she found peace in her own answers, however grim they seemed. Instead of fearing what the future might hold, she found comfort in the fact that it couldn’t be worse than what she had already experienced. This temple helped her find a purpose when she thought none was available to her. And although she knew that this very building was probably the most dangerous place in the world for her, she couldn’t help coming every week. She couldn’t stay away.

It was the early morning hours, still a long time before sunrise when she finally rose from her seat and walked to the front of the temple. She approached the huge golden sculpture of the blazing sun and the tall handsome figure seeming to emerge from its perfect rays. The warmth in his face was truly visible and the joy in his eyes could melt any heart. The artist was a genuine master.

Tessa walked to the right of the altar where the prayer candles were kept and paused. She peered at all the flickering symbols of hope; hope that the prayers instilled in these cylinders of wax would reach up into the heavens and deliver their requests unabated. She picked up one of the small red ones and lit the wick over the large white candle in the center of the table. When the fire was flickering off her little candle, she stared into the small flame. She closed her eyes tightly and forced her prayer into the candle with as much mental force as she could muster. When she opened her eyes, she debated, as always, where to place it. Next to the big white candle there were several golden candlesticks where the prayers for those still living could reach the heavens quickly. Below the candlesticks there was sand spread across the floor, supposedly grave dirt, where candles for the dead were placed. Tessa sighed, glancing up to the small opening in the ceiling, and finally bent down and wedged the candle in the dirt. This was where it belonged.

Tessa was all too aware when the old man approached her from the rear. He walked slowly, yet deliberately toward her, then stopped two feet away. She did not turn around.

“You are blessed with a sense of dedication, young one. You would make a good acolyte,” said the kind, sagely voice. Tessa snorted as she thought of the irony in that statement. He seemed to not notice and continued, “Whoever it is you have been praying for was very lucky to know you. I see you here often… every Thursday if I’m not mistaken. In fact I believe you have been coming here every Thursday night since I was appointed head cleric four years ago.” It was a statement, not a question. Tessa was impressed that he had been watching her so thoroughly. She had spoken small talk with him before, nothing more in depth than the weather and her general health, but this conversation seemed like it was going somewhere. A sigh blew from her mouth as she turned to face him.

This man was the older of the two clerics in charge of running this establishment. Besides just a temple, it was also a school for young acolytes learning about the spirits that dwell in this world. His name was Garrett Holly. Garrett was a gentle old man with calming, wise blue eyes set in a wrinkled face, hints of his handsome youth still playing around his features. His smile was warm. The blue robes of the cleric were dark against his white hair, still very thick on his head. Although the robes hung loosely, there was no hiding his sheer bulk. Even though he was old, Garrett could hold his own against any man alive. The cleric towered over Tessa’s small frame and she had to look up to meet his gaze.

“Is there something you would like to ask me Cleric Holly?” her voice was curious as much as cautious. She almost regretted the impatience of her question, because she loved hearing Garrett’s voice, but he was an extremely intelligent man and Tessa was somewhat nervous of revealing too much to him. It was safer if he just got to the point.

The old man stared down at her, warmth and compassion in his crystal eyes. It made her feel like a child. “No. Not specifically. I can see that you are not ready to talk yet. But, as I am often told, I have the patience of a saint, and I will use them on you.” He chuckled. “I just want you to know that you are not alone in this world. There are those,” he placed his hand on his chest, “who could understand and help with your pain, if you would let them.” His words were sincere. He truly believed he could help her. But he was wrong.

“Thank you,” she said, her jaw tight, not from anger, but from sadness. “But I am meant to walk alone. It’s the only way.”  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:48 pm
Early morning in Ashe was different than anywhere else. The sun’s full rays never made it to the little town, but rather became dim through the thick clouds that see med to always surround the far northwestern half of Sarigal. As the dim morning light began to try and light up the small town a young Acolyte was already about. Thomas Tibadious Thirdstaff was a member of the Order of the Spirit a group of men and women who honored the spirits that composed all living things. They also learned to ask the spirits for aid in areas of healing, defense, and combat against evil. Thomas, or Tibs as his friends called him, was still at the lowest level in the order but enjoyed his position. On this morning Tibs was making his daily errands through the town to gather anything for the Temple needed for the day.

Thomas was wearing his usual Order of the Spirit attire for acolytes, white pants and shirt and his blue acolyte’s tabard that was secured at his waist by a blue sash. He also wore blur arm cuffs to keep the long shirt sleeves from covering his hands and blue boots that came to about his mid-calf. Along with his normal attire Tibs had his errands bag hanging at his hip and he carried his straight white staff. His mousy brown hair was short and well kept, except for a small bit that hung close to his right eye. The young acolyte had already passed the butcher’s shop who always seemed to be out as Tibs passed by. As Thomas passed by the first residential street he saw several of the women talking with the local healer who lived just across the street. The healers were a kind elderly gentlemen and his wife, he had military medical training from back when he served in the High City’s army, and she grew several herbs and roots for healing salves. Together they made it easier for the town to get medical attention without having to trek all the way u to the temple to get a cleric. Thomas enjoyed getting to talk with both of them for they always had great information about the world or stories from back when they were younger.

“Thomas, they got you running errands again?” The healer’s wife said as she saw him coming down the road.

“Yes, but I enjoy it Mrs. Burns it gives me a chance to get outside and see everybody. I get bored being in the temple all day.”

“Tell Cleric Garrett we said, hello will you?” Mrs. Burns asked.

“I will ma’am.”

“Are you stopping by later son?” Mr. Burns asked

“Yes actually, Alan wanted some herbs for a salve his been working on. Said he might come down and ask you about it later.”

“That’ll be fine; will see you in a bit then.”

Tibs continued down the road until he reached his first stop, the General Merchant. Tibs entered and saw Mrs. Logan, and her daughter Jane stalking the shelves. Mrs. Logan gave him an inviting smile as she finished and turned to greet him. Jane smiled and waved then gave her mother a hug as she ran out the door.

“Good morning Thomas, errands again for you. Katka must have it out for you.”

“No ma’am I just got caught day dreaming during lessons again, but I’m starting to enjoy them more.”

“The day dreams or the errands?”

“Both actually,” Mrs. Logan had a small laugh out of that, “was that Jane? Every time I see her she seems taller. How old is she now?”

“Ten just this season, she stayed to help me this morning before her lessons, and how ‘bout yourself there?”

“Me ma’am? Eighteen last winter.”

“You’re basically a man now, so Mr. Thirdstaff what do you need today?”

Tibs collected his items and thanked Mrs. Logan again as he left. He walked right across the street to the local tailor shop where Tibs bought tailoring supplies for the clerics and acolyte’s robes. Usually that was just a few balls of thread an sometimes needles. Finally Tibs made his way back up the road to Mr. and Mrs. Burns’s house to collect the herbs for Alan. Mr. Burns graced Tibs with one of his many stories while Mrs. Burns went to gather the herbs. This one was about one of his many patrols back when he served in the High City’s army, and how they came across a small band of orcs. Tibs always found tales about adventures and battle fascinating, more so then the lessons he learned about everyday at the temple. With a wave and thanks for the herbs Tibs set off back to the temple with all his errands done for the morning. As he went he passed the local inn that had a tavern attached to it, and looking through one of the windows as he passed Tibs could make out the lone man sitting at the far table. Every morning Tibs made his errands that same man was always sitting right there.

Kal’Daka watched the acolyte walk by and glance his way and had it not been for Kal’s incredibly dark forest green cloak and hood the acolyte might not have been so curious. With a sigh the lone man finished off his breakfast and left several more coins on the table then the meal cost. Kal’Daka stood and walked towards his room still with his cloak and hood pulled tight. Once in his room Kal flung back his cloak to reveal the rest of his attire. A dark green shirt could barely be made out in the low light of the room. Over that a dark brown leather vest gold trim and clasps. A belt crossed from his left shoulder to his right hip that helped to hold a leather shoulder guard onto his left shoulder. Going down his left arm more two small belts held his shirt tight against his arm and even further down his entire forearm was wrapped tight with tan cloth, the wrapping coved a leather glove on his hand. His other arm was drastically less covered with only a dark green arm guard on his forearm and a leather glove that was missing the covers for the ring and pinky fingers. At his waste a dark purple sash was secured by a large leather belt with a few pouches hanging from the front. The sash and belt also helped to hold a green leather hip guard on his left side that ran to his knees. Two more belts crisscrossed slightly below his belt, hanging on his left hip in easy reach was a small weapon that looked like a miniature scythe, and was called a dragon’s claw in some areas. Hanging from the other belt and his hip was a quiver full of black shafted arrows with purple fletching. Behind his back a sheath held a falcata that could be reached by his right hand. He wore dark brown pants with matching boots, but on his left boot he wore a green leather boot guard. Kal’Daka’s entire wardrobe was designed with one idea in mind, aiding an expert marksman. The tool of this marksman lay against the far wall as if asleep itself, its black ebony wood concealed it well in the room.

Kal picked up his old friend and exited through the nearby window instead of the door. He didn’t like to be seen coming and going from the inn and rarely ever was seen anywhere else. He hunted during the day and traded his kills at the butcher and furrier at night. Every beginning of the month he paid up his room stay to the inn keeper without ever missing a payment. Kal’Daka Tepuli’ Jest enjoyed the small town of Ashe, and the fact that most people minded their own business. The last thing he wanted was anyone trying to get into any of his business.  

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200

Kaewyn Star

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:24 pm
Boredom is a state of mind. Most people become bored when they think they have nothing to do, but in reality they could be doing any number of things. The problem is this: what is worth spending the time learning and then doing? Most people must choose one thing to master, one thing to dedicate themselves to because there is not enough time to do all the things they wish they could.

Tessa was determined to take the time to do everything and consequently she was never bored. Tessa loved music and could play the lute and ocarina. Building things was also a fun pastime, whether wood or stone. The young woman made all of her clothes and could even craft leather with a little talent.

However, the one thing that Tessa really wanted to do with her time seemed always out of reach, but always played at the back of her mind. Tessa was lonely. She wanted so desperately to make friends and interact with people, but her words rang just as true in her head now as they had when she had told them to Garrett the night before, “I am meant to walk alone. It’s the only way.” It was sad but true. Tessa did not trust herself to be around others for very long. It was not safe. So the nagging little voice that told her to at least try and socialize was silenced once again.

The morning was nearly gone when Tessa decided she had practiced her new flute enough for today. She was about the pick up a book to read on elven mythology, when she felt the sudden urge to go for a walk. Why not, she thought. The book will be here when I return. Cheerful birds flitted around the trees singing to each other and a light breeze rustled the ever-present trees. The clouds hung low in the sky as the first few drops of rain began to fall. Tessa donned her green hood and continued at a leisurely walk. She did not stick to any trail; she didn’t need one. Giant ferns, some taller than her, were pushed aside as she wondered.

Suddenly the hair on the back of Tessa’s neck stood on end like she had smelled something foul. In a blur she turned, her instincts screaming warnings. Someone was following her. Tessa’s senses went into overtime; every sound, every smell, every taste, every sight was taken in. She turned again as she narrowed in on the threat. Her eyes turned to slits and her lips curled back in a low growl. Her posture crouched as if ready to pounce. There, standing in the bows of a tree, was a tall slim figure staring down on her with an arrow knocked. The first thing Tessa noticed was his cloak. Even her keen eyesight could not penetrate its cover; it must be magic. The next odd thing was his smell. He smelled somewhat like an elf but with a more deep earthy scent, instead of the floral bouquet of a normal elf.

Tessa did not relax at this realization. It took quite an impressive eye to track her and an even better stealth to sneak up so close to her. This made her dreadfully uncomfortable. Her eyes didn’t blink as she studied this strange elf perched in his tree. His breathing was deep and steady, he must be confident, but other than that he didn’t make a sound. The rain continued to fall lightly. Tessa stood stock still, waiting.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:52 pm
Kal’Daka held his bow in open view to the women he now watched go into a low crouch and stare at him hard. He was impressed she had noticed him and seemed to have been able to spot him almost immediately, not a talent any normal human could have. Her stance was animalistic in nature and Kal did not doubt the ferocity behind those eyes. However just moments before she had seemed relaxed an unbothered by anything. A rain drop splashed on the arrow tip knocked in Kal’s bow and he refocused on the now. Not wanting to see this come to blows Kal’Daka decided to try and deflate the situation, so he lowered his bow more but kept it knocked to be safe. Kal then made a slight step and fell from the low branch to the ground without seeming to be bothered by the drop. He landed and took one small step forward.

“Well meet good lady, I did not mean to startle you but I was unaware anyone was out here alone. I was out hunting when I heard the rustling of the trees and followed the sound,” Kal’Daka noted something that he had let pass earlier do to the rain, but now he was sure of it. She had no smell, “My name is…Kal, may I inquire as to what you’re doing out in this weather alone good lady?”

He was sure of it now, she had n smell. Kal’Daka had developed ken senses over his years of hunting and while they didn’t come close to any animals he had learn to pick up on subtle things. Smells tended to be a bit tricky for him but this one was hard to miss because it didn’t exist. Then Kal got his first good look at her eyes and they only solidified his claim, those bright violet eyes were alluring, too alluring.  

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200

Kaewyn Star

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:10 am
Tessa did not like when he jumped from the tree and advanced toward her. He was now only a few feet away. But she was too stubborn to give up any ground. It would make her seem weak, vulnerable. Then again, it would be a good bluff. Tessa deliberately took one step back and raised her arms defensively, trying to appear intimidated.

She noticed as the elf talked that he was sniffing the air. Tessa mimicked him searching for what he smelled but found no unusual scents in the woods besides him. Irritated at his inquiries, Tessa responded with great censure in her voice.

“What I do in my forest is none of your business!” Her voice now was not only musical but also deadly. “A better question would be why you hide your identity. An elf has no reason to be so wary around our small town, unless you are here on a more sinister errand than just hunting…” Her irate voice trailed off. Tessa shrank back as if she had said too much, still trying to keep up her façade of weakness.

The more Tessa played up her role, the harder it was for her to keep from smiling. It had been a while since she needed to be this clever and she was thoroughly enjoying herself. Now that she was past her initial shock of being caught off guard, she no longer felt scared. The worse case scenario was that she might have to kill this elf if he proved to be a threat to her people. It would not be a hard task, but she truly hoped it would not come to that.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:37 pm
Kal’Daka found it interesting that the woman had so easily pinned him for an elf, but it seems she was still in the dark on his complete identity. He also noticed the tenseness in her stance leave and be replaced with a more defensive one. However her comment about the forest gave him the notion she was trying to either hide something or play the passive role.

“You’re Forest? I don’t remember seeing a name on the forest when I entered, but I guess I could have just missed it,” Kal gave a small chuckle at is try at humor, “The forest is a place for one and all, a place where any can come and go as they please. Even with that, your business is indeed your business, just as the reason for hiding my identity is mine. As long as you respect the forest you’ll hear no complaints from me.”

Kal’Daka replaced his arrow into his quiver strapped to his leg and slung his bow over his shoulder. He paused for a moment to think on the woman odd smell, or lack thereof, but sighed at the mystery. The cloaked elf in turn brought his gloved left hand out and offered it to the woman.

“Please accept my apologies if I startled you earlier, again my name is Kal…Kal’Daka,” The archer rarely gave people his full name on a count it sounded very elven. However since the woman had already concluded Kal was an elf he found no harm in it.  

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200

Kaewyn Star

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:31 am
Tessa began to relax. Kal, as he called himself, had put away arrow and was even trying to joke… trying but not necessarily succeeding. She stared at his outstretched hand for a moment and decided he was now of little threat; not that he was that big of a threat before. Her game was over now and she started acting more like herself.

Once again he was sniffing the air. Tessa mimicked, but still smelled nothing. This frustrated her, and soured her mood further.

She awkwardly shook his left hand, tightening her grip ever so slightly, and said in a flat tone, “Keep your secrets if they are that important. As long as you respect the lives of the people of Ashe, you’ll hear no complaints from me. But a little advice, if you don’t want people knowing you are an elf, stop running around in trees and jumping down from the bows with so much grace. Next time land flat on your face and no one will ever guess your lineage.”  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:00 pm
Kal gave a chuckle at her hardened attitude and tough exterior. He was sure she was different then an average human at this point. She did shake his hand though, which meant she wasn’t beyond reasoning.

“I wouldn’t harm the people of Ashe, I’m one of them. With that in mind though you’re the first to even suspect me for being an elf, most of the townsfolk don’t like to look at me for very long much less talk to me. They think I’m some cursed soul or something, and I guess at times they wouldn’t be far off,” Kal’s smile had vanished under his dark hood and he stood for a moment, “If you’re a friend of Ashe I suspect we will bump into each other again at one point. I’ll leave you to your business now good lady,” with that Kal’Daka gave a small bow and climbed back up his tree.

With another wave of his hand the cloaked elf leapt away to the nearest tree and then from view. Kal still was mulling over the experience in his head though. Several parts didn’t make since and several that he could somewhat answer only raised more questions.

‘She showed no fear of me at all, didn’t seem tense even with my bow ready. She has no smell and yet seems to have incredible senses of her own, yet another mystery in this odd world.’

Kal let out a sigh and continued on his route through the trees to look for real game to hunt and set his mind at ease. Besides he had a feeling he would see that strange woman again for some reason.  

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200

Kaewyn Star

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:23 pm
And just like that, he was gone. Tessa thought about following him, but decided against it. Was it possible that he was living in Ashe and she had never noticed him? And what did he mean about being a cursed soul? She was the only cursed soul around these parts. Tessa realized she thought of that with a little bit of pride.

“Wow, what kind of macabre mindset have I acquired over the years?” she asked herself with a weak laugh. She made a mental note to find out more about Kal and continued on her walk. It was now early afternoon and the rain had stopped for the moment. Lost in thought, Tessa hadn’t realized where exactly she was walking. She stopped abruptly when the forest floor cleared to reveal a small road, which was more of a path really. This path was all too familiar and she wondered why she had come here. To the north, just beyond the forest’s edge was the temple meadow.

Tessa sighed heavily and turned to walk back home. She hadn't ventured far into the woods, still in easy sight of the road, when she heard someone’s footsteps along the path. They were coming from town. This time she felt no danger. It was probably just one of the acolytes running errands or a pilgrim seeking the peace of the temple. Tessa could easily vanish and avoid another encounter today, but something made her stay still.

Maybe the person will just walk past and not see me, was her reasoning thought. It usually happened that way. She would stand as still as the trees she was among and go unnoticed by the person absorbed in their own world. Tessa wouldn’t ever admit it, but she wished that someone wouldn’t pass by totally oblivious to her presence.

Does Kal count, a spiteful little voice in her head asked. Tessa groaned.

No, he does not, she countered.

Well, why not? He is the first person you have talk to in how many years that you didn’t automatically want to…

Shut up!! she yelled silently at the voice. The footsteps were getting closer.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:30 pm
Thomas had finished all his errands for the day and had begun his walk back to the temple. The walk wasn’t a terribly long one, but it was one that gave a person time to think and day dream, something Tibs did well. Plus he had gotten a late start considering he ended up chatting with the furrier and his wife on his way out of town. They were a nice couple and always so inviting and friendly. As Thomas made his way along the small curving path he let his mind drift about ideas of the world beyond Ashe. The idea of adventure and what he might have ended up becoming if he had been born elsewhere or under different circumstances was a thought he had often. Then his mind came slightly back to his current situation but trailed off in wondering what he might become later in his clerical journey. He enjoyed the thought of becoming a great paladin and fighting monsters with a blazing spirit sword.

As his trip along the road came to a close Thomas brought his mind back to the real world. He knew he couldn’t let his mind be wondering if he ran into Katka or Alan. That was when he noticed a woman looking like she had either just come from the temple and heading back home through the woods or was deciding on whether or not to go in. He thought he recognized her, and he did. She was the woman who came in every Thursday and stayed for hours at a time. Garrett said her name was…Tesha…no Tessa that was it. He couldn’t help but notice how beautiful she appeared out in the open. As he passed he formed a smile and waved to her.

“Good morning lady Tessa, are you planning on visiting us again so soon?” the question was made without the need for a response, and Tibs simply waved once more and continued his walk to the temple.

He would have liked to talk with her for longer but he was already running a bit behind, and if he tarred any more Katka was sure to have him scrubbing the tallest pillars…again.  

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200

Kaewyn Star

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:05 pm
Tessa was completely caught off guard when the acolyte spoke to her. And he knew her name. Well, for once, Tessa felt at a disadvantage because she couldn’t recall his. He was a very pleasant looking boy with kind, innocent eyes… maybe too innocent. She smiled weakly and waved in response, letting him continue on his way up to the temple.

A strange feeling of nervousness mixed with curiosity ran all over her body. She suddenly wanted to know everything about him. What was his name? What did he do at the temple? What had he been doing in town? What had made him notice her? As all the questions raced uncontrollably through her head, an irate voice began to scream warnings.

Don’t you dare follow him, it commanded her.

What? I will just look. I won’t interact with anyone and I won’t be seen. There is no danger in that, Tessa reasoned.

You know it’s too dangerous, you could kill him, or he could kill you, and you are a fool if you try to convince yourself otherwise! The voice in her head was seething.

Those eyes… he would never hurt me or anyone else without cause. I can tell. And I won’t give him cause.

If he wouldn’t, Katka or Alan sure would.

Tessa thought on this point for a moment. Katka was the other cleric, besides Garrett, helping to run the temple. Garrett usually tended the temple at night while Katka slept, and visa versa. That was one of many reasons why Tessa preferred to visit during the unconventional hours of night.

Katka was a hard-nosed woman who believed vehemently in discipline and hard work. She made no exceptions to any rule, and accepted no excuses. Mistakes were not tolerated. The woman always kept her dark hair back in a tight braid, never a loose strand to speak of. Had Tessa ever even seen the woman smile before? She couldn’t remember and from what she heard, Katka was always quick to distribute punishment, no matter how minor the infraction. Her young protégée, Alan, was quickly being converted to her drastic ways. He worshipped every word that came from Katka’s thin lips. If she told him that swallowing hot coals was the proper way for curing a smart-aleck mouth, he would be the first in line to prove her right.

Tessa shivered at the thought of what little time it would take for Katka to deal with her if the cleric knew her little secret. Even after thinking of all that, Tessa still wanted desperately to at least learn the acolyte's name. He was already out of sight, but he would be easy enough to follow and observe.

You are making a big mistake, the voice chimed in with an I-told-you-so tone.

Maybe, was all Tessa could think. Then again, I’ll never know if I run away now.

The annoying conscience should have stayed silent then, but it didn’t. Why such a dramatic difference in the way you are treating him as opposed to Kal?

Well, Kal was pointing an arrow at me for one thing, Tessa explained as she began to walk parallel to the road a good twenty feet into the trees.

You were in no real danger, though, it countered obnoxiously.

Tessa tried to think of a good logical explanation to her obvious mood difference, but honestly couldn’t. Instead of trying to keep reasoning things out, she silenced the voice and focused on not being seen as she headed toward the big white temple.  
03 One-on-One RPs

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff