Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Slim Quick Cleanse...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Call Me Stephanie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:34 pm

Okay... so I've been exercising and eating better but I STILL haven't lost any weight... so I was wondering, would the cleanse thingy I see on TV help? Has anyone ever tried it, got any results?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:19 pm

I actually tried it once, SlimQuick cleanse. The pills are HUGE, and you have to take like... if I remember correctly, you have to take 4 capsules each serving.. it sucked. It made me hate pills. gonk

I don't really know if I had any weight loss from it though, because my diet plans stopped shortly after I finished the pills. ..Sorry. xD

Kasumi Kama

SquishyAngeh

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:37 pm
I was really wanting to try that too, there is a double pack at walmart that sells the pack of cleansing pills along side the pack of regular slim quick.....I think im gonna buy it after my next payday!

I will let you guys know how it works  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:35 pm
... no. Don't even think about it. If you want to go on a cleanse you can go on a cleanse, there are many that you don't have to buy ANYTHING for.

Don't get sucked in by the new market of cleanses and bullshit. The hardest cleanses to go on are the ones where you go ten days or so only eating whole grains, no breads, and vegetables, but they're the best for you if you're a beginner.

Don't buy anything you see in walmart, go to a doctor, dietitian, nutritionist, or naturopath and talk to someone who knows about these things who can find something that works for YOU.

Seriously people. ._.  

Lady Schist

Soi Tsuba

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:05 pm
I haven't heard of this stuff but if it's anything like a diet pill stay far far away from it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:09 am
Cleanses can be dangerous if you're not careful. They're basically designed to flush out your system. Usually they will include a laxative, and you *will* notice it, so stay near a restroom the first few days of a cleanse. Often they include a diuretic, so you'll be urinating often. Cleanses aren't designed for weight loss, though they're often marketed as such, because you do lose weight. It's just not going to be permanent. You're losing water weight, the weight of some of the crap (literally and figuratively) inside your bowels.

On a true cleanse you don't eat real food, you're eating a special diet. You have to be very careful when you're done a cleanse switching back to real food, because you can get sick.

I'm not familiar with the specific product you're referring to, but if it's SLIMQUICK, I'm assuming your a woman, since I know that's who they target. I looked up the product on their website, and it seems like a mild detox pill. I wouldn't take it if you work or have school, some of the "side effects" don't seem so pleasant, namely frequent and runny stools. gonk

My recommendation is to talk to your doctor. Diet pills are never a good solution. I had a ton of problems losing weight, and I was doing everything right. It turned out that I had a thyroid problem, and now that I'm on medication to correct it, the weight is coming off, slowly but surely!  

Auntie Viral

__penguin__
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:20 pm
I don't really know much about the subject, but "cleanse" things sound awfully sketchy to me. How long has it been since you started exercising and eating better? Some people lose weight faster than others.

And weight isn't really the best way to tell if you're getting more fit. If you're exercising, you're probably building muscle, which weighs more than fat but takes up less space. So you could be losing fat but gaining the weight back in lean muscle (which is a good thing!). And you might know this already, but don't worry about building muscle from exercising; girls don't bulk up, they only get lean/toned muscles. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:20 am
I actually did go to the doctor and he checked a bunch of stuff. I'm healthy. Nothing wrong with my thyroid.

The thing is, my pants aren't fitting any better so I know it isn't muscle. >_<

But I'll stay away from it, I just thought it'd be easier to lose weight if my body was rid of toxins and what not.  

Call Me Stephanie

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:27 pm
I would stay away from it, and find out what i was doing wrong diet or exercise wise. You're healthy- no reason why diet and exercise shouldnt work. Maybe post what you do/eat here and we can try to help you out : ) I doubt a cleanser would make much difference, especially in the long run  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:03 am
Im using it too well kind of i have it but i took it once to see if it made me feel funny. havent quite gotten the diet down. >.>  

Mrs Scolex

4,150 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
  • Generous 100
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games