Welcome to Gaia! ::

Panic! At The Disco Fan Guild

Back to Guilds

A place for Panic! At The Disco fans to gather and discuss. 

Tags: Panic! At The Disco, Brendon Urie, Music 

Reply PANIC At The Disco Fan Guild
Buzznet's Top 10 Worst Album Covers of '08 : Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think of Pretty. Odd.'s cover
  Its awesome!
  it sucks
  Buzznet's being mean :(
  different opinion
View Results

takashi_sahoko

2,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:35 am
Buzznet

10) Panic At the Disco - Pretty. Odd.
Well, I'm gonna get in trouble right off the bat, aren't I?

Panic At the Disco's cover for Pretty. Odd. isn't exactly atrocious. But it most certainly deserves a spot on this list for being outright misleading. The band has spent the better part of 2008 pretending to distance themselves from the hundreds of bands they're associated with, mainly the Fueled By Ramen crowd and bands like Fall Out Boy. There were the uninspired ARG-like puzzles in anticipation of the new record; there was an entire video where the band spent three minutes making as many references to The Beatles as humanly possible.

And now we have this cover. The band have made many statements about having matured their music taste and then expanding this to their own music. Which is a wonderful and incredible thing to do. Except that their new record sounds like The Beatles and The Who if they covered Fall Out Boy.

The bad colors, the forced imagery, and the attempted association with 1968 all make this record cover so, so, so, so bad. You are Panic At the Disco. You are not the next Radiohead. You don't try to be the most original, unique, and compelling band in the world by ripping off The Beatles..

Nice try.

To see more,visit Buzznet Worst COver '08
Gawddd Meanie Heads.. :[
Effing no lifers.
They know they're not the Radioheads.
They play the kind of music that they do, because they love making that music.
Maybe you should try the whole music making process and
all the album cover process and the promoting and then you come back to us.
You'd likely copy some other musician's style. ( Maybe) And the Album Cover doesn't mean anything from the music they created.
Its an album cover, yeah its part of the album, but you can't judge an album by its cover.
[:<

Whooaa. That got me riled up
:{
EDIT But on the other hand Buzznet's own Breesays ( she interviews bands and such) thinks Panic At The Disco is number one.
Their her Number One on her top 50 songs of 2008 right
here

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:17 pm
The person who wrote that is probably some 40 year old man who thinks he knows about music when he really doesn't have a clue what the younger generation like .
And the author starts talking about PATD music video's which doesn't really have anything to do with there album cover.  

Peachy_Limes

Kylie the Cumbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:06 pm
D'=

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:58 pm
Wow.
This is slightly angering but kind of funny at the sametime.
Where they say they know that they are already in trouble.
Haha.
Believe my guys.
I absolutely LOVE Panic.
But, you've got to know when to laugh at other peoples stupidity.
:]  

VickyT_089

PanickedMusic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:45 pm
That's awful. I think the cover is cool.

I wonder if that guy actully listened to the album or just judged it by the cover.

Well, at least it was number 10 out of 10 and not number 1.
=/

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:48 pm
That's just the person's opinion - they're allowed to have it, just like we're allowed to have ours.

I thought the cover was alright. I love Panic - I love their music and they're style, and everything about them. The cover wasn't bad, not at all. But in my opinion, it could have "popped" more, if you know what I mean.

RainbowChikii - Yeah, I wondered why he went off onto the music video rant too. I don't even know which one he's talking about, to be quite frank.

The reporter was a little harsh though. D;  

KillingKatie

PrimeOdd
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:00 pm
I think that the person is judging the cover too much by what the music on Pretty. Odd. sounds like. xd They didn't really say much in the description about the cover -- they just said that Panic is trying to rip off old bands. And yeah, it is quite obvious that Panic was influenced by older bands for Pretty. Odd., but wasn't this a worst cover countdown?!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:08 pm
@Prime- That was exactly what I was thinking. You know it was supposed to be the cover and not the muisic. And he totally twisted it around so that he could queeze in his own opinion about PATD. I don't mind his opinion, I just think that he's putting his opinion about the music where it isn't supposed to be.

Summary:
If I ever saw this dude I would totally ninja-drop-kick his arse. ninja

xDD

Asplosion Rainbow

Quotable Pumpkin

miss-mechanical

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:03 am
One word-

mean.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:15 am
Quote:

The bad colors, the forced imagery, and the attempted association with 1968 all make this record cover so, so, so, so bad. You are Panic At the Disco. You are not the next Radiohead. You don't try to be the most original, unique, and compelling band in the world by ripping off The Beatles..

Nice try.

Argh.
I've tried to laugh at these idiotic journalists before, but when they pull something this stupid every single time, its come to a point where its been from annoying to down right sad.
Since when did panic want to BE someone else? I'm pretty sure this band doesn't give a care about what kind of music they make as long as they make something they feel reflects themselves.
No wonder these boys hate interviewers so much.
Also, since when did this article go from an album cover review to a 'lets-forget-about-the-damn-album-and-start-bashing-the-artist!" review?
Oh yeah, about the third sentence in.  

-crystalcatalyst

3,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

ScribbLove

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:10 am
Wow. Thats harsh Dx
Although, it had nothing to do with the cover. And I like the cover. Its pwetty =)  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:32 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
_________Cause nobody wants to be the lst one there
_________And everyone wants to feel like someone cares
_________Someone to love with my life in their hands
_________There's gotta be somebody for me like that

User Image

What the heck?
I could see why a few of those were on there, but seriously.
wtf.

User Image

Cause nobody wants to do it on their own _________
And everyone wants to know they're not alone _________
Somebody else that feels the same somewhere _________
There's gotta be somebody for me out there
_________
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

sandflea

PrimeOdd
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:09 pm
I don't even understand why websites and magazines do countdowns like these. It's only upsetting. They should respect all music...not favor some and hate others.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:04 pm
Two things that made me think:

1. How it's a person that blogs for a living making comments on a muscian's work when they have or can do nothing in comparison.

2. How in the beginning he/she already goes "I'm going to get in trouble for this aren't I?" Obviously, this person is not completely sure in his/her own opinion so why shal he/she share it with other people. Better yet, why would other people listen to his/her opinion more over anybody elses?

So, first I was mad but then I just laughed at it.  

music is living

Fragile Panic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:49 pm
This was stupied. I personally love the cover.And yes everyone has there own opinoins but i agree with Prime they should swich it around and they shouldnt make a list of hate,maybe favourites because that good for the band but not hates.  
PANIC At The Disco Fan Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff