Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
When Your Time Comes, How Would You Choose To Go... Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Keevan Draco

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:40 pm
I know it is sort of morbid thinking around this time of year, but after the departing of my mother, the holidays just sort of loose their luster as time goes by, and the only thing left is a long period of introspection to end the passing of the year...Plus a slight morbid facination as to the ideals that people have concerning their deaths...

For me, I've thought about leaving this world in several different formats and everytime it starts to sound good, it all falls apart within my head.

I've dreamt of the viking ending, complete with horned helms, flowing mead, and the burning ship surrounded by friends and loved ones not mourning, but quietly remembering the good times we've had...

I've thought about the fools ending, with gaudy colors trailing along a funeral procession, and an open casket with a ale keg at the end where all my mates can hoist a pint in my honor, while happy tunes play over the speakers in the background...

I've even thought about the Poe ending......alone and silent somewhere deep in the forests with only the wind and leaf for company....

then there is the quiet ending...nothing fancy, just my children and wife...spending the last few precious moments saying goodbye, and passing along the words of wisdom my children need to hear to survive this life....

so.......how would you choose to exit this mortal realm?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:12 pm
Not that I'd ideally choose it, but it'd probably be the same as my father. Chemically-induced, unexpected, unfitting.  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:42 pm
In a very large explosion.
I mean, very large.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:33 pm
Macabre_Cogitation
I mean, very large.
Are we talking Ray Bradbury nuclear catastrophe large here?  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:40 pm
Doesn't seem too morbid to me, but then again....I mean who am I to be saying that? Heh.

I've always thought about disapearing, just one day I'm gone. No one knows where I am or what happened, only I know. Out in the desert and die and have the vultures eat me. Or on a cliff over the sea, I'll die and fall into the waves and the sharks will have me.

I've wondered about just overdosing in an alley, dead with no one to care.

I've wondered about dying in some huge and grand way for everyone to see, like the photograph of the man who jumped out of a falling scyscraper.

I've thought about going out Viking style like Keevan said.

Or maybe just in the middle of a forest or on top of a hill, alone. And when I'm gone they'll burry me inside the hill.

Maybe I'll be burnt. I'll die and be cremated, and I'll just end up as dust.

With no one there, but I'll leave something behind for everyone.

No matter what happens, I don't want anyone crying.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:41 am
I dont know how i will leave this world, but one thing is fore sure; i want to die with a beer in my hand and a ciggerate in my mouth.....enjoying my last moment alive.  

doom1000

2,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100

Alister_King

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:51 am
Well me and a friend of mine sorta decided to have dibs on each others lives. Which means we are going to kill each other. I doubt we ever will though.

I would love to die in a massive explosion too.

Then theres the falling off a plane with no parachute plan.

And the plan im working on now. On my 50th birthday im going to disappear and give all my worldly possesions to my family and friends(mostly friends) and reapear 10 or so years later having done something great(dont know what its gonna be yet) and die doing it.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:35 am
Yes, A nuclear explosion would be a good one.
Although I would be happy with a gravestone with some sarcastic or ironic comment on it.  

Shadowed Intent

YellowRavenInk

Opinionated Bibliophile

12,775 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:13 am
I do like to leave my body peacefully in my bad, in a house surrounded by mountains in a nice morning without clouds in the sky.
After all is just the end of a journey and the begin of a new one.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:01 pm
true Ravn, we end one journey only to begin anew...

I suppose that the point of my little question lays in a solem truth I stumbled across a couple of years ago.

everyone dies, not everyone truly lives. When we no longer fear the reaper, and yet embrace the ending of our days, can one truly experience all that life has to offer. Live each day as if it were your last...

I guess you could say, enjoy the simple pleasures of the moment...a smoke, a soda, a simple biscuit, a good song, the feel of your favorite clothes, the smell of the winter air.....all simple pleasures, yet all so complexly more than the sum of their individual parts....enjoy the silence.  

Keevan Draco

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:52 pm
Shadowed Intent
Although I would be happy with a gravestone with some sarcastic or ironic comment on it.
I was going to do that if I ever have one.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:20 pm
Macabre_Cogitation
I mean, very large.

ground zero thermal nuclear strike, instant vaporization  

AEtherclaw

Shadowed Intent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:22 am
XWraith_LordX
Shadowed Intent

I was thinking "I finished before you in the human race"  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:17 pm
Shadowed Intent
XWraith_LordX
Shadowed Intent

I was thinking "I finished before you in the human race"

what about "whoops" ?  

doom1000

2,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100

AdrianaKitten

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:04 pm
Aaaw I'm sorry for your loss.
No if you were ever feeling morbid, this would be the place to put it.
3nodding Anyway, I think if I had a choice it would be in one of two ways: Drowning or in my sleep.
Now, according to my friend who has nearly drowned in a hotel pool in a detailed and hilarious story, drowning is very very painful. It burns (either your throat or your lungs) and struggling for your life when you can't swim only enhances that. In my vision it would be much more calm though and I would just float towards the bottom and look at the light at the top of the blue until I can't feel anymore. The biggest issue with this would be that I have never learned to swim, and over the years this has caused a fear of being in water that is waist deep...in the end, I doubt I'd go down as elegantly as in my vision.
The second is self explanatory and preferable to the other. I am hopeful that this is how it will happen.
A part of me has always wanted to go down while working in a circus though and doing something outrageous like putting my head into the lions mouth or just missing that trapeze step... sweatdrop

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff