Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Things that tick you off about yaoi or shonen-ai Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Does anyhting anger you in yaoi or shonen-ai
  yes
  no
  GOLD :D
View Results

Tsuki Nushi

9,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:49 pm
Sorry if there's a discussion about this already.

I was just wondering if there was anything that really irks any of you when it comes to yaoi or shonen-ai.

For me it's teasers. Like in Kyo Kara Maoh (anime) They've spent the entire series hinting tha Yuri and Wolfram are a couple, and nothing happens. I don't expect a smex scene or anything, but I wish they'd make up their minds!

They spend story arc after story arc getting closer and having"moments" but we get nothing! No hugs, no kiss, they aren't even officially a couple!

Just an never ending cycle of the plot going "they're getting together, they're getting together, keep watching, they're totally getting together this time, oh wait, no they aren't!"

Discuss:
Does this piss you off too?
What does piss you off and why?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:51 pm
Hmmm, okay, I think very girly men make me angry. ;; Or the overly uke types. I haaatteee them. xD
I like my men to actually act like men.

I also hate male characters who're given girly abilities (Marluxia for example), but that's not necessarily a BL thing. xD;

Oh, but I think the biggest thing I hate is in fandoms. When fans completely ruin a character so they can fit the picture of a couple type that they like for a reason I just can't seem to understand. :/
If you have to change a character every time you stick him with a certain other character of interest, then I can't understand how you came to like the pairing in the first place.

I don't know if I'm even making any sense. ( >.< )  

MooMooJuice

Shades Of Change

2,650 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:08 pm
MooMooJuice
Hmmm, okay, I think very girly men make me angry. ;; Or the overly uke types. I haaatteee them. xD

I also hate male characters who're given girly abilities (Marluxia for example), but that's not necessarily a BL thing. xD;

Oh, but I think the biggest thing I hate is in fandoms. When fans completely ruin a character so they can fit the picture of a couple type that they like for a reason I just can't seem to understand. :/
If you have to change a character every time you stick him with a certain other character of interest, then I can't understand how you came to like the pairing in the first place.

You're making perfect sense.

As for me, I find that I don't hate much. I get annoyed with constant hinting and such, but not hate.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:28 pm
MooMooJuice

I like girly men.
T///T
But meh....what annoys me most is insane fangirls.

Seriously just the ones that try make their arguments about it logical and in the end just say "I want them to ********, although some of them are what got me more into yaoi and shounen-ai.  

Pretty Pretty Priceless

irishcocoa

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:11 am
MooMooJuice

I hate when fandoms will change the pairing. When I go into the fanfictions for Gravitation, I'll avoid ones that put Yuki with Tohma or Shuuichi with Ryu or anything else. The story gave us who was with who and why and all that. Why change it?? >.<  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:01 pm
I'm very particular with what about a character has been changed to make them work in a pairing. Somethings about characters you can't change because they are apart of their personality, but others are influenced by their environment. Basically I want an explanation for the change. If "hey it's a parallel universe!" is all they can think of, that's fine--I'm open to creativity.
Ten things that piss me off:
1) when reading a fanfic labeled Lemon, Lime, a**l, Explicit, ect, any buttschecks that shows up is either a three sentence paragraph at the end or is only a "and he locked the door behind him---end scene". That's damn annoying.
2) when one of the love interests turns out to be a chic in the end and "everything's alright/works out" after that.
3) tactless scenarios (pedi rape, fatehr/son incest, necro, ect.) meant to be sexy or erotic. Go for it if you're searching for shock/horror effect, but other than that---NO!
4) misuse/overuse of "Stockholm Syndrome" love
[This next one doesn't necessarily piss me off but it bores me.]
5) Uncreative xeno characters (if you're going to have an alien species, put some thought into it beside "they look like humans but are blue".)
6) too much description of body hair. I've read a fic where a guy got off because his lover was just licking his arm pit gonk ewwww!
7) usage of certain foods and certain toiletries. I'm not talking about whip creme and strawberries or lotion and soap. I mean corn, rice, chicken and other Sunday-dinner foods, or vasaline and toothpaste. Vasaline is dangerous to use for a**l penetration and the it burns like a m0therf2cker if you get it in a rip--I know crying And dude, toothpaste? I've read stuff with that. Some writers don't think do they? Baking Soda + Alcohol + bleach based whiteners = toothpaste. Does that sound like it would make a good lube? No.
8 ) chubby chasers. I don't condemn it, but I'm not into the "aesthetic" of it.
9) "OMG I'm preggo!" stories that don't have an explanation for it. Unless it's labeled IMPREG for the cuteness of it (i.e. "Ahwww 4laugh he wuvs him!!), or has a logic to it (i.e. "I'm a hermaphrodite with a uterus and a p***s", "males of my race can have babies") I'm not interested.
10) Short sex-capades that are only four paragraphs long. Dude, that's not even a chapter!
wahmbulance

okay, I'm done.  

latitude_cat

6,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Invisibility 100

sakura-haruno-sister

3,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:16 pm
Girlie Hero
I'm very particular with what about a character has been changed to make them work in a pairing. Somethings about characters you can't change because they are apart of their personality, but others are influenced by their environment. Basically I want an explanation for the change. If "hey it's a parallel universe!" is all they can think of, that's fine--I'm open to creativity.
Ten things that piss me off:
1) when reading a fanfic labeled Lemon, Lime, a**l, Explicit, ect, any buttschecks that shows up is either a three sentence paragraph at the end or is only a "and he locked the door behind him---end scene". That's damn annoying.
2) when one of the love interests turns out to be a chic in the end and "everything's alright/works out" after that.
3) tactless scenarios (pedi rape, fatehr/son incest, necro, ect.) meant to be sexy or erotic. Go for it if you're searching for shock/horror effect, but other than that---NO!
4) misuse/overuse of "Stockholm Syndrome" love
[This next one doesn't necessarily piss me off but it bores me.]
5) Uncreative xeno characters (if you're going to have an alien species, put some thought into it beside "they look like humans but are blue".)
6) too much description of body hair. I've read a fic where a guy got off because his lover was just licking his arm pit gonk ewwww!
7) usage of certain foods and certain toiletries. I'm not talking about whip creme and strawberries or lotion and soap. I mean corn, rice, chicken and other Sunday-dinner foods, or vasaline and toothpaste. Vasaline is dangerous to use for a**l penetration and the it burns like a m0therf2cker if you get it in a rip--I know crying And dude, toothpaste? I've read stuff with that. Some writers don't think do they? Baking Soda + Alcohol + bleach based whiteners = toothpaste. Does that sound like it would make a good lube? No.
8 ) chubby chasers. I don't condemn it, but I'm not into the "aesthetic" of it.
9) "OMG I'm preggo!" stories that don't have an explanation for it. Unless it's labeled MPREG for the cuteness of it (i.e. "Ahwww 4laugh he wuvs him!!), or has a logic to it (i.e. "I'm a hermaphrodite with a uterus and a p***s", "males of my race can have babies") I'm not interested.
10) Short sex-capades that are only four paragraphs long. Dude, that's not even a chapter!
wahmbulance

okay, I'm done.
Same here!  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:10 pm
Overtly girly men. Actually excessively weak, too submissive ukes who act like the typical stereotypical uke. I have nothing against female characters either when I say I hate "girly" characters. I just really hate girly men, not girly-looking men, not even general effeminate characters but those ukes who lack any form of masculinity.
I know that this doesn't make much sense but you might get where I'm going here.  

Mika_Clari

iLessThan3 Jamie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:46 pm
I really don't have many problems with Yaoi or Shonnen-Ai. Almost everything has it's time and place; atleast, for some person. At times I hate the random sexcapades, but at times, I just want to giggle at some smut!

The only thing that really bothers me in ignorance. It comes in a wide variety of flavors, wether it be a nonsensical plot, the inability to use proper english, or just a plain waste of text and a human being.

Yeah... I suppose I'm harsh.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:39 pm
Nice to know I'm not alone here.  

Tsuki Nushi

9,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200

Pretty Pretty Priceless

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:59 pm
Girlie Hero
Vasaline is dangerous to use for a**l penetration and the it burns like a m0therf2cker if you get it in a rip--I know crying
Uh oh. eek  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:22 pm
I don't like d**k Girls. They piss me off to no end. Also? Anatomically impossible things. Whether it be positions, male pregnancy, or a self-lubricating a**s, if it's not anatomically possible it will piss me off (this is sometimes excluded for characters that aren't supposed to be human, as their anatomy is going to be a bit different).

I also dislike situations that move too fast. That's about it.  

Jaaku-san

Angelic Warrior

[Ryan Azarcon]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:08 am
I totally agree with the Kyou Kara Maoh thing... SO ANNOYING!

I really don't like overly girl men either, or the ukes that are so much like a girl, they even look like it. They just don't have boobs, well... BIG ONES.. anyway. Sometimes I swear the mangaka make them arch enough that they end up with really small boobs.

I've read a LOT of yaoi, I'm tired of sex scenes that are same copied and pasted 3 paragraphs. And if the sex is not proceeded by a LONG a** PLOT DEVELOPMENT.

I don't really like descriptive sex anymore, unless its a reeeeaaaaally long fic or manga. Then I totally like it.

Has anybody read Rin? I hate when there is NO sex after that much reading. At least hints or after pictures please?

A personal pet peeve is pre-established relationships only because I love the falling in love part.

Another peeve, I don't like food play or S&M in yaoi, only in yuri. xp

I like M-preg if it makes sense. Like in Harry Potter.. MAGIC! Or in Naruto.. A SPECIAL JUTSU! Ya kno?

This applies to books, but I hate when the book is only about one pairing... I love side pairings, I live for them. So when the book is entirely devoted to the main pairing (which is usually pretty cliche) I get irked. Or even hints of a side pairing would be nice.

I hate overly abusive semes and ukes that still love them no matter what they do to them. JUST RUN AWAY AND FIND A NEW MAN PLEASE!

I hate relationships that start with one character raping/forcing them to do something horrible, and then they fall in love anyway. WTHNO. Unless they are horribly drunk and the seme is VERY regretful.

Okay I am done for now. sweatdrop Sorry.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:35 am
I thought of another one. I hate when they cry. Before, during, and after sex. Seriously? Get a bottle ya crybaby. I don't mind a little tearing up because of the pain during sex but.. "OMG HE REALLY LOVES ME! crying "

WTHNO.  

[Ryan Azarcon]

Enzai Sebby3

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:15 pm
Tactics has to be the queen mother of irkyness! gonk
*if thats even a word*
One minute,one of the main leads is snuggling up to the other lead male in bed saying "i'll protect you".
Then the next minute they throw all these women into the mix to hit on them constantly eek

I just think,if youre going to make the lead males so lovey dovey,then why put all these women in and out of the series? confused

For anyone who hasnt watched this yet,be warned!.
Because you WILL be pulling your hair out half way through the show...yes its just that confusing Dx

The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff