Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Sakura Kiss~ An Ouran Guild

Back to Guilds

~Sakura Kiss~ is the largest Ouran Guild on Gaia. We have roleplays, blogs, and more! Hope you'll join us! 

Tags: ouran high school host club, host club, ohshc, ouran, roleplay 

Reply ~Sakura Kiss~ An Ouran Guild
Holy hell the songs! Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like the new opening and ending songs?
  Yes
  No
  AAAAAH! *Stabs ears*
View Results

_icosplay cool guys_

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:45 pm
No one has brought this up, yet, and I am shocked eek What are everyone's opinions on the songs and only the songs, English or otherwise... But, mostly I'm asking what everyone thinks of the freakin' Sakura Kiss opening D:

In my opinion, it's horrible... Why couldn't they just leave it in Japanese?! It's so awesome, and on NO anime on television have I seen them translate the song into English! It's just... Disappointing... The least they could do would be to get someone who could sing it better... >.>

If there's already a topic about this, please forgive me XD  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:54 pm
I don't understand... why couldn't funimation find someone who could sing? Sakura Kiss sounds horrible! It's flat and off tempo and just realy bad. I haven't heard the closing song yet... I hardly ever listen to them. crying  

OpalescentLiv

Count Chocolat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:49 pm
I LOVE the songs in Japanese. But I nearly died when I heard the dub of Sakura Kiss. It was horrible and unecessary. Why did FUNimation have to do such thing?! They should have left it in Japanese like with almost every other anime they produced. And do they even have the right translation?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:47 am
Is there a link to the video so that I can listen to it?  

SugarPigeons

Chibi faery

Anxious Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:34 am
@Pink Ninja:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXidAUgEv3Y

I don't mind it as much as I mind THIS. =_=
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dp4tV2BFJWA

I WISH they kept Vic's version. neutral But they wouldn't use it, because Tamaki's VA didn't do the original, or some crap. (at least, that's what I'm hearing.)
Ah well. Better to have a decent Tamaki and crap ending then have a crap Tamaki and good ending, amirite?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbuuaC1yWQA  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:46 pm

Well firstly, I think the fact that Vic couldn't do the ending because he was in the cast is utter bullcrap. Those who have seen Fruits Basket KNOW that not only was Laura Bailey the voice of Tohru Honda, but the person who sang both the opening and closing themes.

So whatever stick is up Justin Cook's butt needs to be ripped out.

Now. Their first mistake was thinking Kristine Sa could match Chieco Kawabe's pitch in Sakura kiss.

SHE FAILED HORRIBLY.

Not to mention she was overdoing it, which made the song sound crap.

Justin Houston...he doesn't know how to sing. :l
Seriously. There were too many subtle pitch changes in Shissou that made me go "I may be a girl and sing horribly, but I can at least hold a note."

Simplistic-Tyranny

Dangerous Nerd

Trick Tok

Melodious Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:53 pm
User Image

It doesn't sound right. At ALL. @____@

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:26 pm
Ah, but I love Vic's version.. Complete awesome...

FUNimation sucks TwT  

_icosplay cool guys_

Trick Tok

Melodious Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:27 pm
User Image

He wins at life. :3

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:39 pm
Vic=win

the english songs=EPIC FAIL  

LadyJadeBlaze
Crew

Silver Angel

Timid Regular

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:40 pm
I do not like the opening theme. The translation is unsatisfactory, and the "diva"-like pitch swings are over the top.

I'm not quite happy with the translation of the ending theme, either, but in my opinion, it's better done than the opening theme. I do not like the voice at all... it sounds much too flat and strained. While not a perfect match, Vic's version, I think, is much truer to the original feel of the song.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:47 pm
The Kool Type

FUNimation sucks TwT

Ah! But you have to admit, it could have been MUCH worse. 3nodding  

Chibi faery

Anxious Gaian

Simplistic-Tyranny

Dangerous Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:00 am
The Kool Type
Ah, but I love Vic's version.. Complete awesome...

FUNimation sucks TwT

FUNimation does not suck...

Would you have rather had 4Kids dub Ouran? I can't say Geneon or Aniplex since they're out of business.... :l

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:34 pm
WTH was that?! No anime I have watched that was good has actually bothered with translating the beginning and ending song. Why did they do so with Ouran Host Club?

The beginning song had an awful pitch at the end, and I'd rather have Vic sing the ending cause he sings well and made it fit with the music. Its one of those times that when I get the DVD's I'm definitely skipping the songs.

Vic=Win indeed. emo  

Salad of the Dead

7,050 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Trick Tok

Melodious Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:03 pm
User Image

Yesh, yesh. Vic WINS at life. O:

User Image