Submit

Have y'all read C & P??
  Yess and I LOVED it!
  Yes and I HATED it.
  No...
View Results

saki_hanajima7

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:47 pm
So I just finished reading Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment in my AP English class, and since there are definitely Christian themes in it [the cross, redemption through suffering, sin, confession, etc] I thought maybe if any of y'all have read it we could have a discussion?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:20 pm
I haven't read it, sorry.

Also, wouldn't this discussion qualify for the Media Discussion subforum?

Priestley

saki_hanajima7

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:59 pm
Priestley
I haven't read it, sorry.

Also, wouldn't this discussion qualify for the Media Discussion subforum?

yes, but it seems to me that posts in most subforums go to narnia in people minds and no one ever reads them.
of course, no one's reading this one anyway...and those who have haven't read the book.....
oh well  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:10 pm
If a discussion comes out of this (as I have avoided that book like it would grow fangs and bite me so *I* won't be of any use), I'll move this to the subforum. If not, I'll simply lock it. mrgreen  

The Amazing Ryuu
Captain

saki_hanajima7

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:14 pm
ryuu_chan
If a discussion comes out of this (as I have avoided that book like it would grow fangs and bite me so *I* won't be of any use), I'll move this to the subforum. If not, I'll simply lock it. mrgreen

okay...i thought maybe some people would have read it. Believe it or not, it's a really good book [except the ending. i hated the ending.] I was dreading reading it in class but it ended up being absolutely fascinating.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:28 am
ryuu_chan

Tsk, silly vice captain, locking is only for spam, abuse and out-of-date threads. wink  

Priestley

Priestley

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:30 am
saki_hanajima7
ryuu_chan

okay...i thought maybe some people would have read it. Believe it or not, it's a really good book [except the ending. i hated the ending.] I was dreading reading it in class but it ended up being absolutely fascinating.

It's set in Russia, around the time of the revolution, isn't it?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:19 am
Priestley
saki_hanajima7
ryuu_chan

yes  

saki_hanajima7

Priestley

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:17 pm
saki_hanajima7
Priestley
saki_hanajima7
ryuu_chan

yes

I think I might be getting it confused with Dr. Zhivago. confused  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:13 pm
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

yes

I think I might be getting it confused with Dr. Zhivago. confused

I'm not sure what that is...  

saki_hanajima7

The Ultimate Soul Reaper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:30 pm
I read it, it was pretty good well to me.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:34 pm
Quote:
I read it, it was pretty good well to me.

Finally someone who's read it!! =D
So...one thing I'm really interested in....
What do you think Svidrigailov's dreams [near the end..] meant, or what was there purpose in the book?? In case you don't remember, the rat crawling on him, the girl in the casket surrounded by flowers who drowned herself, and the 5-yr-old prostitute of sorts were the three.  

saki_hanajima7

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:43 am
This really does belong in the media discussion subforum. I realize that alot of people don't check the threads in there, but I'll see what I can devise to coerce convince people to check them out more often. I know that I browse through at least once a week, not only to make sure people are following the rules, but also to see if anyone's posted anything I'd like to discuss.

I'll move it after you reply.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:23 pm
Quote:
This really does belong in the media discussion subforum. I realize that alot of people don't check the threads in there, but I'll see what I can devise to coerce convince people to check them out more often. I know that I browse through at least once a week, not only to make sure people are following the rules, but also to see if anyone's posted anything I'd like to discuss.

I'll move it after you reply.

okey dokey  

saki_hanajima7

xxPromarkxx

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:41 pm
This discussion was made too early!!! I'm going to be reading that book right after Christmas break.  
Media Discussion {Everything on TV is true}

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff