Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Finding some of this to be true?
  Yes.... sadly, yes.
  No, Not Really.
View Results

YuzoraRyuu

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:55 pm
Most of you my know that when you are a Music Junkie you begin having these strange, sometimes insane habits. This is a list of the symptoms one may have if they are afflicted. Unfortunately there is no known cure for Music Junkies.
YOU KNOW YOU ARE A MUSIC JUNKIE:

1. When you CANNOT keep from playing/singing for even one day. Even worse when other people point it out to you because you don't notice.
2.When you walk in time to songs you don't even like.
3. When you can listen to the first chord/note of a song and know what song it is.
4.When you know what chord/note the train sounds as it passes. (Bb 3/4 Inverted Chord)
5. When you know what sound the bell at your school is. (B Natural)
6. When you watch a movie for the music. (The Da Vinci Code, Kingdom of Heaven, etc.)
7. You get slightly depressed/angry when you look up your favorite composer and they aren't there.
8. When you have several stories to tell about how your instrument has harmed you... and you have the scars to prove it.
9. When you can recite a song a'cappella, word for word, note for note, in tune.
10. You NEED music to live. If you don't have an exterior form of it, you will resort to listening to it in your head.
11. When you can hear whole songs in your head without missing a line, and with little effort.

^^ Please feel free to add more. ^^

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:50 pm
I find #10 to be quite true, especially after finding a quote some time back by Friedrich Nietzche stating "Without music, life is a mistake."  

Space_Monkee

YuzoraRyuu

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:57 pm
Space_Monkee
I find #10 to be quite true, especially after finding a quote some time back by Friedrich Nietzche stating "Without music, life is a mistake."

Yeah, I've heard that quote. If you think of anymore feel free to add those too.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:16 pm
Music is like candy, it is only good if you get rid of the rappers first. (I don't quite agree with this one... but it is still sort of funny.)
Rock; incoherent screaming with background music. (Again, don't quite agree but still funny)  

YuzoraRyuu

YuzoraRyuu

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:12 pm
Yesterday I had to slap myself. I found myself singing a song, at random, a song I DESPISE... ughh... for those of you that have heard of Pirates of Penzance, the song Poor Wandering One was what I was singing. >,< Gilbert and Sullivan!!! Why must they make such easily learnable melodies!  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:26 pm
I've had Another Day from RENT stuck in my head for almost four days now. So here's another one:

You know your a Music Junkie when you have songs stuck in your head for days at a time, and you can even hear them in your sleep.  

YuzoraRyuu

YuzoraRyuu

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:44 pm
I really like the music in zOMG! It is really well thought out. Kudos to the composer they used. At first I thought it would be really silly, pixelated, Runescape-style game music. Which isn't bad, but is really annoying to an articulate musician's ear.
6. When you watch a movie for the music. I guess this applies to games to a certain extent as well.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:59 pm
Am I talking to myself?

Konnichiwa Yuzora-chan, o genki desu ka?
Tsukaremashita, anata ka?
Toki-doki.  

YuzoraRyuu

YuzoraRyuu

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:22 pm
Learning new world styles is really friggen amazing. I am working on understanding the principles of Japanese music. REALLY hard for a western ear to play.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:37 pm
You know you are a Music Junkie:

When you get annoyed when a song doesn't reach a cadence. Sometimes you will even do it in your head to find one so you don't go insane.

I have only done that once so far.  

YuzoraRyuu

YuzoraRyuu

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:38 pm
I hate people who have no respect for other genres. 'Oh, I'm a rapper, so rock sucks!' XP Open your mind and expand your soul. 'I'm "Emo" so I only listen to Punk Rock.' Oh shush up! There is so much more amazingly saddening music out there and most of it isn't rock or rap.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:43 pm
You know your a music junkie when you were/are in as many music classes as you can.
La Di Da!  

YuzoraRyuu

YuzoraRyuu

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:10 pm
You know you're a Music Junkie:

When you know Bohemian Rhapsody and/or RENT by heart.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:35 pm
YuzoraRyuu
You know you're a Music Junkie:

When you know Bohemian Rhapsody and/or RENT by heart.

Hahahaha! I know both by heart! I'm definetly a music junkie, I wasn't sure before but alot of these aply to me! YAY!  

enchantress of lightning

YuzoraRyuu

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:52 pm
enchantress of lightning

Hahahaha! I know both by heart! I'm definetly a music junkie, I wasn't sure before but alot of these aply to me! YAY!

Yay! Not too many people I know really know RENT. I LOVE Angel. Who is your favorite character?  
The Music Artists Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff